Cheapest place in the USA to get Planar Chaos boxes shipped?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Cheapest place in the USA to get Planar Chaos boxes shipped?

Post by squt » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:58 pm

Cheapest I've found is $87 shipped, which is about $5 more than the same distributor sold them to me for Time Spiral. Anyone have any favorites that are reliable, in the USA, and cheap?

Squt

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:29 am

starcity is probably cheapest.

They presell at $79+SH, which is basically wholesale to everyone who doesnt buy 10000 boxes at a time.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

rodfan316

Post by rodfan316 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:08 am

I usually buy through lrcards. He's had to raise his rates due to the price hikes but a case is 485$ with free shipping if paid by CC and 465$ and free shipping if paid by Check. The only thing is you have to be the end user for the boxes. Meaning you can't resell the boxes or the packs.

You can however crack them or draft with them and sell any singles you get.

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:01 pm

Starcity's great, but there's a dealer on ebay who is selling cases for $449 with $25 shipping in the usa, which is just about $79 and includes shipping. Strangely enough, that seems to be the best deal I can find.

MP

Mr. Nightmare
Librarities Hero

Post by Mr. Nightmare » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:28 pm

I've taken to finding the best deal I can, then printing it and asking a local shop to match the price. Usually its still much higher than the store pays, so they make profit, and are glad to have the business locally. Saves you money on shipping and makes them money, it's win-win.

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:14 pm

Mr. Nightmare wrote:I've taken to finding the best deal I can, then printing it and asking a local shop to match the price. Usually its still much higher than the store pays, so they make profit, and are glad to have the business locally. Saves you money on shipping and makes them money, it's win-win.
If you're taking an ad (using the examples here) for $79 and bring it in to your local store, it is not 'much higher' than the store pays for the box.

Mr. Nightmare
Librarities Hero

Post by Mr. Nightmare » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:47 pm

Gryfalia wrote:If you're taking an ad (using the examples here) for $79 and bring it in to your local store, it is not 'much higher' than the store pays for the box.
Even if it's a dollar more than what they're paying, it's a dollar in their pockets, as opposed to a dollar in another store's pockets. If your local store isn't a mega-store like GamingEtc or such, it's still good business for them.

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:34 pm

Mr. Nightmare wrote:
Gryfalia wrote:If you're taking an ad (using the examples here) for $79 and bring it in to your local store, it is not 'much higher' than the store pays for the box.
Even if it's a dollar more than what they're paying, it's a dollar in their pockets, as opposed to a dollar in another store's pockets. If your local store isn't a mega-store like GamingEtc or such, it's still good business for them.
Erm, no.

Making a single dollar on an $80 sale is a complete waste of time for the store and it's a mindset like that which sees stores going out of business. As an added bonus it's a kick in the nuts to all the people who pay more because they realize the 'value added' aspect of the local store.

And please don't pretend that you are doing your local store a favor by saying 'well, you get $2 of my money or none of it, your call'. Your painfully small profit for them certainly isn't worth saving you as a customer. 'Hey, why did that guy get the box for $80, I want it for $80 too'...and down the line. There is a finite amount of product that any local store will be selling, making a reasonable profit on that finite amount of sales is key.

That is how a store stays open. Selling 1 box and making a $30 profit is infinitely better than selling 4 boxes and making a $25 profit. Smart stores learn the balance, and they have a far better chance of staying open.

jamesbond
Legendary Secret British Agent

Post by jamesbond » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:21 am

You want a real good deal???, come in France to buy your boxes, for only 94€ (121$) each >:-( (only 90€ (116,5$) each if you take 6 boxes or more).

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:42 am

Here the online price is abot $150-160, with pre order at about $140, if buying a case the best price i can get is $130. shipping excluded.
I save about us$30-35 per box by buying from Germany after shipping is added.

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:10 am

agzz wrote:Here the online price is abot $150-160, with pre order at about $140, if buying a case the best price i can get is $130. shipping excluded.
playtrade.de sells at 82.9 €, to Sweden add 15€ (11€ if over 150€) shipping.

if you take a case usually you get a little discount (2€ per display) and shipping is free

Patrick

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:24 am

pp wrote:
agzz wrote:Here the online price is abot $150-160, with pre order at about $140, if buying a case the best price i can get is $130. shipping excluded.
playtrade.de sells at 82.9 €, to Sweden add 15€ (11€ if over 150€) shipping.

if you take a case usually you get a little discount (2€ per display) and shipping is free

Patrick
I have bought from them via eBay before i think. I should have a look. thanks!

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:36 am

agzz wrote: I have bought from them via eBay before i think. I should have a look. thanks!
ebay.de is a little cheaper

79.99 + 9.99 Ups shipping

Mr.Wayne
Librarities Hero

Post by Mr.Wayne » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:23 am

Making a single dollar on an $80 sale is a complete waste of time for the store and it's a mindset like that which sees stores going out of business. As an added bonus it's a kick in the nuts to all the people who pay more because they realize the 'value added' aspect of the local store.
A dollar towards my rent, electric, water, inventory, tables, chairs, etc......and if your luck is like mine, you'd sell that box for $80 then have a regular customer who'd pay regular price come in and you'd have to tell him you just sold the last box lol!!

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GAMING STORE!! (without your support, there won't be local gaming stores) :wink:

MRW

P.S. If you don't have a local gaming store (or if you'd like to support my gaming store) and would like to purchase boxes, I can do $85 shipped on any T2 English if you take 2 or more (US Only) :-\'