Issues between Wizards and Ed Beard Jr.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

robertweinzetl

Re: Issues between Wizards and Ed Beard Jr.

Post by robertweinzetl » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:46 pm

The latest info from Ed.

Inquest is thinking of doing a story on this if enough people respond.  So please respond the the addresses below and let inquest know how yo feel.  

Hopefully the piece will have enough responce to make it to press and make a differance in the struggle against the tirony we call wizards R&D

Robert

P.S.
Here is what they asked you to do,
Please cc Ed at questions@destiniproductionsinc.com

Send you letters or e-mails of support to:

inquestbrent@hotmail.com and

inquisition@wizarduniverse.com

INQUEST WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU AND IS WILLING TO DO AN ARTICLE IF THEY HEAR FROM Ed's FANS LOUD ENOUGH.

PLEASE SUPPORT Ed, IT WILL ONLY TAKE A MOMENT .

robertweinzetl

Post by robertweinzetl » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:26 pm

Anyone hunting for us at Origins Ed's booth is still 906, but mine has been moved at the last minute to 916.

If anyone wants anything specific at the show please let me know before hand.  

As usual I will have loads of artist proofs and the normal cards from all sets.

Robert.

robertweinzetl

Post by robertweinzetl » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:02 pm

Ed called me last night and wanted all on this forum to know some new details.

It seems Inquest issue #123 in the inquisitor section (the letter to the editor) they have published a few letters about the situation between Wizards and Ed.

This occured because of all the support recieved, and Ed wanted to thank everyone.  

He is currently on the road headed to shows and didn't have the oppertunity to post anything himself, but wanted all who helped with the letters to Inquest and other sources know what the staus is.

I haven't recieved my copy of this issue yet, but it should be available soon (maybe already)

So Thanks to everyone who took thier valuable time to let people know you didn't agree with what wizards is doing to Ed.

Robert.

Mike_Bartley

Thanks to my fans for all of their support! InQuest article!

Post by Mike_Bartley » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:36 am

Hey guy's check this letter I just recived from Ed : next post
Last edited by Mike_Bartley on Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike_Bartley

Thanks to my fans for all of their support! InQuest article!

Post by Mike_Bartley » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:37 am

From Ed Beard:

Thanks to your overwhelming support of my MTG Art and opposition against the WOTC art director and R&D dept for their claim that my style of art is too "classic fantasy" or simply not right for the magic product, Inquest Gamer Magazine issue # 123 Published several actual letters of protest and support of me in the "Inquisition section of the latest issue.

The editor himself state that " they got tons of letters. He further states that in the Magazines opinion I have been the best "Ambassador for the game has ever had" Pretty sweet folks.

I can't emphasize enough how grateful I am to all of you.
Now you might be saying " gee by now with over 1465 signed petitions 5 months of relentless posts by thousands of consumers complaining to WOTC about this blunder that after 175 thousand Inquest mags on the stands someone at WOTC would take head and correct this train wreck.

But I am sorry to say that it does not appear that WOTC is interested in listening to their consumer base at all on this issue.

I can tell you that after attending Origins and having countless angry fans and consumers ask me " Why hasn't WOTC listened to us" and put you back on the art roster!. All I could do is tell them is if I had a complaint with a product that I pay my hard earned money for and did not like the what they did with it I would take advantage of the fact that the company is here at the show and in person.

That's exactly what the many fans and consumers did at the Origins show.

I actually got a visit for the marketing and convention contact for Gen Con and Origins as she identified herself to me. She was clearly concerned and she demanded to see what I was handing out to people. I told her that I was simply handing out copies of the Inquest article that is currently out and on the stands.

She told me that "she would have to have the WOTC attorneys look over."

You'd think they would be more concerned with correcting the problem and fulfilling their consumers wishes. Last I checked there is nothing anyone can do to prevent me form answering my fans question " Where do I go to complain? or Stating the facts that the Art dept claimed to me was one of the many reasons for why my style is not right for magic.

The reality is that there was so many fans complaining that it clearly became a nuscence for her and the folks at the WOTC booth.

She asked me if I would be at Gen Con, I said "absolutely". I will also have a large sign to respond to the hundreds of regular fans that see me at gen Con explaining that there has been NO change in the WOTC art director and R&D dept decision to keep me out of the MTG art roster.

I have just been interviewed for the Pittsburgh Magazine regarding my career as a Fantasy Illustrator and my over a decade with MTG. Also there are talks back in RI for a life time achievement nomination. Can you imagine what Hasbro in Pawtucket RI parent company of WOTC will think when they see the interview from their home paper and that their favorite son artist of the year has been bounced from their product line even after the thousands of world wide letters demanding I be returned to the roster....????

For me folks I have been so blessed to have such an amazing support base and fan group. I have also had some incredible good fortune as I have been just selected to create the 2007 "Dragons The Art of Ed Beard" calendar from the world leader in fantasy calendars "Tide Mark Inc.

That means in September of 2006 you will see my calendar next to the Boris and Julie calendar at your Borders or Barnes and Noble book store or the mall calendar carts all over.

I will be at Gen Con with a large selection of new items as well as Originals. Also my new 100% American hard wood boxes.

Folks have asked me what can they do now? Keep those letters, e-mails and complaints in person at every show that WOTC is set up. They can't ignore their consumer forever....can they?

Sincerely appreciative,

Ed Beard Jr.

robertweinzetl

More than upset

Post by robertweinzetl » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:14 am

The wizards rep (who's name we will not state here to prevent further troubles) was more than a little frazzled with all of the people comming to her durring the show about the "Ed Issues".

She seemed not able to handle criticism very well. On more than one occasion I heard her state that "I can't run a show in an envronemnt like this".

So keep up the good work folks.

Robert.

dragonartist

WOTC deleted my first and only post / Ed Beard Jr.

Post by dragonartist » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:20 pm

Hello folks,

The Wizards of the Coast boards moderator deleted my first and only post and sent me this e-mail. They are now preventing me from thanking my fans and answering their concerns yet they have allowed in the passed their employees namely R&D to speak on this topic.

They really think they can stifle me and shut off their consumers voices by threatening to delete them.

I have contacted my attorney now that this is denial of due process and reputation damaging by not allowing me to post a rebutal or answer my fans on that forum demand for me to post.

At Gen Con My attorney will be ready for any further attempt to prevent me from addressing the MTG consumers or answering their questions regarding why the R&D and ART dept bounced me.

This really is rediculous

Thanks again for your support,

Ed

MY ORIGINAL POST:

Thanks to your overwhelming support of my MTG Art and opposition against the WOTC art director and R&D dept for their claim that my style of art is too "classic fantasy" or simply not right for the magic product, Inquest Gamer Magazine issue # 123 Published several actual letters of protest and support of me in the "Inquisition section of the latest issue.

The editor himself state that " they got tons of letters. He further states that in the Magazines opinion I have been the best "Ambassador for the game has ever had" Pretty sweet folks.

I can't emphasize enough how grateful I am to all of you.
Now you might be saying " gee by now with over 1465 signed petitions 5 months of relentless posts by thousands of consumers complaining to WOTC about this blunder that after 175 thousand Inquest mags on the stands someone at WOTC would take head and correct this train wreck.

But I am sorry to say that it does not appear that WOTC is interested in listening to their consumer base at all on this issue.

I can tell you that after attending Origins and having countless angry fans and consumers ask me " Why hasn't WOTC listened to us" and put you back on the art roster!. All I could do is tell them is if I had a complaint with a product that I pay my hard earned money for and did not like the what they did with it I would take advantage of the fact that the company is here at the show and in person.

That's exactly what the many fans and consumers did at the Origins show.

I actually got a visit for the marketing and convention contact for Gen Con and Origins as she identified herself to me. She was clearly concerned and she demanded to see what I was handing out to people. I told her that I was simply handing out copies of the Inquest article that is currently out and on the stands.

She told me that "she would have to have the WOTC attorneys look over."

You'd think they would be more concerned with correcting the problem and fulfilling their consumers wishes. Last I checked there is nothing anyone can do to prevent me form answering my fans question " Where do I go to complain? or Stating the facts that the Art dept claimed to me was one of the many reasons for why my style is not right for magic.

The reality is that there was so many fans complaining that it clearly became a nuscence for her and the folks at the WOTC booth.

She asked me if I would be at Gen Con, I said "absolutely". I will also have a large sign to respond to the hundreds of regular fans that see me at gen Con explaining that there has been NO change in the WOTC art director and R&D dept decision to keep me out of the MTG art roster.

I have just been interviewed for the Pittsburgh Magazine regarding my career as a Fantasy Illustrator and my over a decade with MTG. Also there are talks back in RI for a life time achievement nomination. Can you imagine what Hasbro in Pawtucket RI parent company of WOTC will think when they see the interview from their home paper and that their favorite son artist of the year has been bounced from their product line even after the thousands of world wide letters demanding I be returned to the roster....????

For me folks I have been so blessed to have such an amazing support base and fan group. I have also had some incredible good fortune as I have been just selected to create the 2007 "Dragons The Art of Ed Beard" calendar from the world leader in fantasy calendars "Tide Mark Inc.

That means in September of 2006 you will see my calendar next to the Boris and Julie calendar at your Borders or Barnes and Noble book store or the mall calendar carts all over.

I will be at Gen Con with a large selection of new items as well as Originals. Also my new 100% American hard wood boxes.

Folks have asked me what can they do now? Keep those letters, e-mails and complaints in person at every show that WOTC is set up. They can't ignore their consumer forever....can they?

Sincerely appreciative,

Ed Beard Jr.

---------------------------------------------

From Wizards Moderator:

Hi Ed,

I am letting you know that I have had to remove the post about your frustrations with Wizards from the message boards. As you might expect, although we try to foster as permissive an environment to share consumer experiences good or bad, we are still a corporate board that does not provide place for current or former employee/contractor disputes.

I sincerely hope you get satisfactory resolution in your complaint,
Melanie Creel
Online Community Manager

MY RESPONSE TO HER----- Original Message -----
To: Creel, Melanie
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: Post to Wizards boards

Dear Ms Creel,

I am in receipt of your e-mail. Your removal of my post is nothing more than a continuation of what you have already demonstrated in prior actions.

It is with great disappointment that you have chose to stifle my ability to simply thank the thousands of fans and consumers of the MTG product that I have acquired over the past 11 years. My e-mail was reviewed by our attorney prior to it's post to ensure there were no slanderous or defamatory content. It also must be noted that you incorrectly identified the body of the post as "My frustration" on the contrary, it is the customers and fans of the product that have clearly demonstrated "Their Frustration" with the Art dept decision to remove me from the artist roster.

By your own statement and the action of removing my post which simply directs the thousands of fans and consumers who have deluged both this forum ( even after your repeated attempts to shut their posts as well) you have yet again demonstrated that WOTC refuses to allow an open honest discussion and allow the players and consumers to express what they wish to see in this product as how it pertains to the artist involved. Something that your parent company Hasbro holds in the highest of esteem.

As a result of this action, you have refused to allow me to simply address the substantial number of fans that have posted on your forum. Directing their concerns and requests for what else they can doand answer the constant stream of e-mails questions generated from your consumers originating from the Wizards boards specifically. In this post I thank them for their diligents in obtaining international published articles in leading game magazines i.e.: (Inquest Gamer) and on hundreds of websites demanding that my work be returned to the magic art roster. As for the only non informational or responsive comment "My opinion", that I have never witnessed any company ignore the enormous outcry from their consumers on this subject, it is a personal observation and a factual statement and could be streached to be arguable at best.

The reality that WOTC is so desperately attempting to ignore, quell or stifle its consumers from complaining about this topic on it's forums, as you personally have threatened deletion of screen names in prior posts and threads that you have terminated when they supported my work, is nothing shy of disgraceful.

Being as you say a "corporate board" attempting to do damage control by preventing consumers from stating their opinions and now denying an artist of 11 years the ability to thank, direct and update the enormous amount of fans I have acquired over the past 11 years is shamefull. These fans and consumers for five months have been demanding to have me post "Myself" on your forum, this can easily be taken as an attempt to deny me the liberty afforded to me to directly address those statements and actions made by WOTC employees regarding the claims by the art and R&D dept for my art being discontinued.

The mere fact that you have allowed prior posts by said employees from your R&D dept contradicts your policies and further prevents me from due process.

Please be advised that as a result of your action in deleting my post I will be forced to publish all of the prior e-mail posts as well as my current entire post as it appeared on this forum prior to it's deletion to any and all public forums. While you may control this forum there are many other avenues which will now have to be exploited.

Please be further notified that I will be entertaining several interviews this month as a result of my nomination and the actions of WOTC regarding the actions of this forum and public outcry on this subject to which I have every post, petition and e-mail, letter.

WOTC, taking an aggressive stance and refusal to address the consumers complaints will only be adding to your latest PR blunder and will only add fuel to the fire for these disenchanted fans and consumers. I hope you made sure you consulted the appropriate parties before you took this overzealous action against me.

Please note that any and all statement I have either posted or were quoted as stating are based upon fact, evidence and the reality of what the Art dept and R&D have stated to me through the claims of Jeremy Cranford or R&D directly via posts. The fact that the fans and consumers are dissatisfied with those statements and decisions should be of great concern to WOTC.

I will advise my Attorney and forward him this and all pertinent data. I would strongly recommend you do the same. Based on the repeated PR blunders and blatant disregard for your consumers desires, I can only imagine that this has gone under your superiors and legal depts. radar.

Please understand that your actions combined with those of WOTC require that I answer questions and defend both my professional and personal integrity with my fan base. It is both my legal and personal right to rectify any and all misgiving that are created by WOTC actions, be it by preventing me from answering the WOTC fan base on the Wizards boards or by the actions thus far from any entity of WOTC.

Please forward your Legal contact name, e-mail and phone number for my attorney to discuss this and other matters further.

Sincerely,

Edward P. Beard Jr.

CC: Stephen M. Liwin ESQ.

Fantasy Art of Ed Beard Jr.
www.destiniproductionsinc.com