European Arena League R.I.P.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5597
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

European Arena League R.I.P.

Post by dragsamou » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:21 am

Hi Members.
The Arena League for Europe is over...Now it's Gateway.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ev ... ic/gateway
The First 2 New promos will be:
Icatian Javelineers
Fiery Temper
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
yawg07
Legendary Chairman of Altered Art
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:20 am

Post by yawg07 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:39 am

Um holy crap I want those Javelineers!!!

Thrond
Librarities Legend
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:08 pm
Location: Paris
Contact:

Post by Thrond » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:06 pm

are these foil?

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5597
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:52 pm

Thrond wrote:are these foil?
Hi Tristan.
Nope...Not at all :'-(
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:00 am
Location: Germany

Post by Ralph Herold » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:28 pm

I like the new cards. And I like that they are not foil. They are a lot easier to scan this way :-) The question remains whether European collectors will have to import their new Arena promo cards from overseas in the future.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5597
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:53 pm

Ralph Herold wrote:The question remains whether European collectors will have to import their new Arena promo cards from overseas in the future.
Hi Ralph.
I'm not sure,I understand that part :-\
You mean US collectors and others instead?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:00 am
Location: Germany

Post by Ralph Herold » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:16 pm

Since it is said the program will replace the Arena League in Europe, we can assume that the Arena League will continue in countries outside of Europe. Therefore, European collectors will have to obtain any future Arena League promo cards from those countries where the Arena League is still running.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5597
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:53 pm

Ralph Herold wrote:Since it is said the program will replace the Arena League in Europe, we can assume that the Arena League will continue in countries outside of Europe. Therefore, European collectors will have to obtain any future Arena League promo cards from those countries where the Arena League is still running.
Hi Ralph.
I see your point ;-)
Where's the Gathering in All these Promos?Cards that you can only obtain in Pro Tour in X Country,Arena in The US,Gateway in Europe,Special Salvat cards in Europe,Promo cards in Japan,etc....
I believe Life of a Promos and Rarities Collector is getting more and more difficult in these days ;-D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:17 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post by Volcanon » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:08 pm

I really hope we have those in North America. Foil bad commons are rather turdy.

User avatar
squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:51 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Post by squt » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:24 pm

Jeeezus, there's already too many different promo cards to collect - now a new line of aa cards available only in europe? I give up...

Raven_Fire
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:44 pm
Location: Frederick, MD - USA
Contact:

Post by Raven_Fire » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:26 pm

Volcanon wrote:Foil bad commons are rather turdy.
Amen! I love non-foil promo cards and the two shown are very nice (especially the Javelineers). I hope they will bring something like this to the States.

argus
Librarities Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:43 am
Location: Vinkovci, Croatia
Contact:

Post by argus » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:46 pm

well, lets start an overseas network to ensure a steady supply of promos for both sides ;-)

User avatar
Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:14 am
Location: Denton, TX
Contact:

Post by Dilligaf » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:41 pm

argus wrote:well, lets start an overseas network to ensure a steady supply of promos for both sides ;-)
if only we had an established online community, possibly with somekind of forum and information database that we could use to contact each other and acquire the cards we wanted...


oh wait...


*inno*
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

flametongue

Post by flametongue » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:23 pm

Arena isn't currently that well subscribed in Europe, well England anyway, probably since the promo cards aren't very good, so it may be quite hard to get hold of these cards. Currently the easiest place to get arena promos is on ebay from the US

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:17 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post by Volcanon » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:34 pm

The only place I've seen arena well-subscribed is in Japan. Basically nobody does it in Canada because the promos are worthless.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest