European Arena League R.I.P.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

NightBeing
Librarities Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 5:57 am
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan

Post by NightBeing » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:55 am

flametongue wrote:Arena isn't currently that well subscribed in Europe, well England anyway, probably since the promo cards aren't very good, so it may be quite hard to get hold of these cards. Currently the easiest place to get arena promos is on ebay from the US
Dunno about Europe, but it is not well subscribed in ex-USSR because, from personal experience, when trying to, they make you jump through hoops, then more hoops, then something else... I was trying to for last two years to no avail so far.
The CheeseshireCat

User avatar
Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:00 am
Location: Germany

Post by Ralph Herold » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:41 am

More information: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/daily/bd245

So Arena will be discontinued globally, and yet we will have to deal with even more promo cards.

NightBeing
Librarities Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 5:57 am
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan

Post by NightBeing » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:03 am

dragsamou wrote:
Thrond wrote:are these foil?
Hi Tristan.
Nope...Not at all :'-(
Yeah, just wanted to point ou from the article Ralph posted a link to:

Felix: The Gateway kits will be renewed with each Magic: The Gathering release. Prizes are mainly exclusive foil promo cards. For the Time Spiral season, this will be Icatian Javelineers and Fiery Temper. Players collect stamps on the stamp card. Once they get 30 stamps, their card is full and they can choose a promo. Stamps are given out for participating, winning and even losing matches.
The CheeseshireCat

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5551
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:36 am

Hi Members.
Card NO1 is Foil Wood Elves DCI Rebecca Guay.Thanks Raphy ;-)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

NightBeing
Librarities Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 5:57 am
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan

Post by NightBeing » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:20 am

dragsamou wrote:Hi Members.
Card NO1 is Foil Wood Elves DCI Rebecca Guay.Thanks Raphy ;-)
Which image, Exodus or Portal/Starter?
The CheeseshireCat

argus
Librarities Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:43 am
Location: Vinkovci, Croatia
Contact:

Post by argus » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:24 am

so no arena anymore :(


anyhow, if someone needs those promo's lmk... i'm sure i'll have some extra's to pass out!

edit: anyone with some more info on those Intro to DCI tournament kits???
Last edited by argus on Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5551
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:26 am

NightBeing wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Hi Members.
Card NO1 is Foil Wood Elves DCI Rebecca Guay.Thanks Raphy ;-)
Which image, Exodus or Portal/Starter?
Hi.
Exodus Version ;-)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

NightBeing
Librarities Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 5:57 am
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan

Post by NightBeing » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:59 am

dragsamou wrote:
NightBeing wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Hi Members.
Card NO1 is Foil Wood Elves DCI Rebecca Guay.Thanks Raphy ;-)
Which image, Exodus or Portal/Starter?
Hi.
Exodus Version ;-)
OK, I got a bit confused. Card #1 for which of the kits?
(Since that article lists Javeliners and Fiery Temper for Gateway, I assume Elves is either for Intro to DCI or Tournament Support -- but which?)
The CheeseshireCat

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5551
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:18 pm

NightBeing wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
NightBeing wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Hi Members.
Card NO1 is Foil Wood Elves DCI Rebecca Guay.Thanks Raphy ;-)
Which image, Exodus or Portal/Starter?
Hi.
Exodus Version ;-)
OK, I got a bit confused. Card #1 for which of the kits?
(Since that article lists Javeliners and Fiery Temper for Gateway, I assume Elves is either for Intro to DCI or Tournament Support -- but which?)
Hi.
Hold your horse Sir ;-)
Let me explains.Right now,there's a Games Fair in Paris,there's a WOTC/Hasbro stand where they present the Gateway program,point is,that I'm home and getting the infos direct live over the phone from another Member,so,as the Responsible of the Gateway Program is there,I will provide All definite infos as soon as I get them.Till then,some patience is required.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5551
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:31 pm

Hi.
This is the answer about the Wood Elves ;-)
http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/ads ... 0First.pdf
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:17 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post by Volcanon » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:49 pm

Looks like there is a very good chance this will replace Arena in NA as well. Note how it doenst say anything on the pdf about Europe or regions.

NightBeing
Librarities Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 5:57 am
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan

Post by NightBeing » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:05 pm

Volcanon wrote:Looks like there is a very good chance this will replace Arena in NA as well. Note how it doenst say anything on the pdf about Europe or regions.
Yes, but... If you go to PlayMagic.com it references, it still has Arena logo in English, but if you switch to Russian, for example, it already has Gateway logo (but they didn't correct the text yet, so it still calls it "Arena" in Russian).
The CheeseshireCat

NightBeing
Librarities Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 5:57 am
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan

Post by NightBeing » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:09 pm

dragsamou wrote:Hi.
This is the answer about the Wood Elves ;-)
http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/ads ... 0First.pdf
A case of not seeing the thing that's right in your face. It's the "Start here" link for organizers on Gateway page...

Still, I can't see one other thing. This file says the following:
20 Wood Elves promo cards: this is the promo card which your players can
get when they hand in the voucher which is to be found in the PlayMagic.com kit -
1 promo card per fi lled-out voucher.
Now, when I went to playmagic.com, I can't find where said voucher is supposed to be, unless it is in 80+ MB download of the demo, which I didn't bother with... I wonder, how someone is supposed to fill it, if they have a hard time finding it, even when looking for it?..
The CheeseshireCat

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:17 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post by Volcanon » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:03 am

All non-USA places are going to this format, according to my local store guy.

User avatar
Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:14 am
Location: Denton, TX
Contact:

Post by Dilligaf » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:40 pm

NightBeing wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Hi.
This is the answer about the Wood Elves ;-)
http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/ads ... 0First.pdf
A case of not seeing the thing that's right in your face. It's the "Start here" link for organizers on Gateway page...

Still, I can't see one other thing. This file says the following:
20 Wood Elves promo cards: this is the promo card which your players can
get when they hand in the voucher which is to be found in the PlayMagic.com kit -1 promo card per fi lled-out voucher.
Now, when I went to playmagic.com, I can't find where said voucher is supposed to be, unless it is in 80+ MB download of the demo, which I didn't bother with... I wonder, how someone is supposed to fill it, if they have a hard time finding it, even when looking for it?..
your own quote solves your problem.

the voucher is IN THE KIT, not on the site.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests