News on Gamingjim

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

madman

News on Gamingjim

Post by madman » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:29 am

I found this post while surfing.

As of Wednesday January 21 2004 James “Gaming Jimâ€￾ Bruso is no longer an employee of Troll and Toad.   After 7 long years of service to Troll and Toad, he has officially resigned his post of executive buyer.

Jim has been traveling and preparing to leave Troll and Toad over the last two weeks, thus making a few people wonder where he had gone.  Now that he is no longer part of Troll and Toad, things will be returning to normal.  Everything that Jim has done for any of you in the past, he will be able and willing to do again.

Gaming Jim will not be leaving the industry; he will be the Executive Buyer for another gaming company, which he will be part owner. Gaming Jim will still be buying anything and everything Magic, as he has been for the past 10 years. He will still be the place to go to find those ultra-rare magic cards and items that you can’t find anywhere else.  

Gaming Jim was the person who bought everything for Troll and Toad over the past 7 years.  Any of the stock that Troll and Toad was willing to buy, Jim will be buying, and any of the items Troll and Toad had for sale, Jim will be selling.

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Re: News on Gamingjim

Post by AXIOS » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:57 am

and you are jim, madman?

it's a pretty strange storie, maybe something happened at T&T.
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

rg

Post by rg » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:03 pm

and you are jim, madman?

it's a pretty strange storie, maybe something happened at T&T.
yup, a lot of questions

do i still receive my T&T order  ;) ?

whats his new company called?  weblink anyone?

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:56 pm

It's the truth, I herd this a week or so ago.

Now, I guess we will wait & see what is up with his new company & all. I want more rarities, & T&T has little left for me to aspire to getting (that is listed anyways). I hope all that Summer that has disappeared over the last 2 months is in his hands.

Time will tell...

gamingjim
Librarities Legend

Post by gamingjim » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:33 pm

Yes what you all heard is true.

"I have decided to leave T&T to pursue some exciting opportunities of my own.  I will still be a big part of the Magic world and will continue to help folks just like I have for the last ten years.  I will be an active participant of all the major game conventions that I have always been.  The name of my new company is Queens Domain and a lot of time I will be doing business as GamingJimâ€￾s.   My Web page is being built right now; as soon as it is done I will let every one know. Thank you for your continuing support."

I Have Just posted some ebay Auctions, with summer magic and DCI promos, middle ages stickers. I do still own many Misprints and Rarities. I also still have access to many other rare items.

Contact info for right

Email: Gamingjim@aol.com
Ebay user id: queensdomain
Cell Phone: 805 689 2813

Any other questions please let me know.

Thanks

Jim
Gamingjim
Looking for hard to find magic cards
email me

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:45 pm

what ever happened to your apprentice?  good ol' boobert.
I can't believe I ate the whole thing

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:31 am

I guess Jim should change his signature, eh?

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:37 pm

Jim:  Are you willing to disclose what new company you are working/partner for?

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:43 pm

The name of my new company is Queens Domain and a lot of time I will be doing business as GamingJimâ€￾s.   My Web page is being built right now; as soon as it is done I will let every one know. Thank you for your continuing support."

Jim
He's just this guy, ya know?

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:22 am

Ok, I feel like an idiot.  Been busy help out fixing the MyDoom virus at work.  We got 189 machines infected in our network of 30000+ pcs.

flaminio
Legendary Magic Rarities Administrator

Post by flaminio » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:02 pm

Good luck with your new business, Jim! Make sure to send Ralph a link icon so he can replace all those T&T ones  ;D
-Bob

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:35 am

i guess the credit page would have to be updated, too, where it says "Jim Burso (Troll and Toad)".  also, what ever happened to your apprentice, gammingjim?  as i recall, he signed up here, after some discussion over what his name should be, but he never posted much after that.  is he going to replace you at troll and toad, or is he comming with you to work at the new company?

also, is your website being designed by some webdesign company, or what?  if it's just being done by an individual, then perhapes they might like some help? :D

in any case, good luck with it.
BLACK LOTUS DONATIONS NEEDED!

CURRENT COUNT: 0

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:19 pm

Jim Bruso, aka GamingJim, is now working with overtheedgegames.com, a company started by Andy Stokinger as an offshoot of the old team academy company called magicsingles.com.  His names not on the website, but  he's definitely a part of the machinations that Stokes is cooking up.

I met GamingJim for the first time this past sunday(2/8/04) at an unsanctioned Type 1 with 5 proxy tournament in Edison, New Jersey. He seems like a good guy but as any Kentuckian would, stands out like a sore thumb in the heart of New Jersey.  

Seems Andy(a new unofficial, unsanctioned, tourney organizer in the North East US who is attempting to rival greymatter conventions in someway) had a falling out with past business partners in Massachussetts and went solo.

If you check out his new website, overtheedgegames.com, you can see how Andy is hiring many people on the street of magic tournaments in order to increase his stock of magic singles in the northeast.  

I know a few people who work for him and the returns for a days work at a MTG tourney are profitable as a middle man in a roundabout way of attaining business assets (ie mtg cards) for the parent company.  

I may be a lurker here with my few postings, but I do have my finger on the pulse of alot of things related to MTG.

Erl00
Librarities Legend

Post by Erl00 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:26 pm

... the old team academy company called magicsingles.com.  
You mean the most infamous spammers ever  >:( ??

I have been utterly fed-up with their spams taking the form of a so-called e-mail from an eBay member.

Jim, if you read this, I dearly wish this kind of attitude will not be replicated in this new company. And what about queensdomain?

:)
Eric.
Please help me finish my Boosters collection

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:51 pm

Is this the piece of total crap who would send me messages from auctions I either bid on or ran, often several a week?  The one who was in, I think, Oklahoma or something of the sort.  

We did some research on this piece of trash (who may or may not be the person you are talking about) and found that he supported (or pretended to support) a Boy Scout troop.  Had a little talk with them about being associated with this guy.

I honestly cannot think of anyone who has emailed me that my wife hates more than this guy.

At least I haven't heard from him recently, it was getting pretty ugly every time we got email from him.

Gryfalia
He's just this guy, ya know?