What other hobbies do you have?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Re: What other hobbies do you have?

Post by Mr.C » Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:38 pm

Alexis: Raining there too?? the sky is falling here....

I collect Stamps, worldwide, but specially brazilian and empires (Japanese Empire, Ottoman Empire, Austro-Hungarian Empire, British Empire...).  I´ve got nice stamps, including a pretty penny black (yes, the first stamp...), in VG- Condition  ;D (pretty good for such an old magi..., um, i mean, stamp.

Oh, and sort of collect coins... Once, on a beach here in Brazil, i found a big spanish gold coin, dated from the 1600s, and worth a hefty sum, while i was digging in the sand (i was joking with my parents ' maybe there´s pirate loot here...' ). It´s the 'crown jewel' of my collection, but i like the two silver Brazilian coins from 1889 (for those of you who don´t know world history, on 15 november 1889, the republic was proclaimed in brazil, and the emperor, exiled). One has the bust of Dom Pedro II, and the other one, the Arms of the Republic.
I collect foils and FBB Base Sets. PM me.

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:07 am

I found a coin at a coin shop that was bitten, I presume to check if it was real.  I don't collect coins, but I like that one.
I can't believe I ate the whole thing

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:34 am

In addition to M:TG I collect swords and knives.  Most are fantasy replicas, but my father has gotten me some really nice antique pieces.  Prior to DVDs..I used to collect VHS tapes...still have around 700 or so.  Many years back I started to pick up the mint proof sets for US coins annually.  Not much of a collection, but I have expanded into picking up the state quarter proof sets and such.  I love to pc game.  Mainly strategy games...turned based are the best like Civ III, Master of Orion II (III sucked), etc.  I recently have become addicted to City of Heroes...which is odd for me since I usually dislike online pc gaming..but this one is so cool.    

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:21 am

Mainly strategy games...turned based are the best like Civ III
i enjoyed Civ III, too.  however, it's *very* time consuming.

on the subject of coins...  my oldest one is an ANACS certified S-246 1803 Large Cent (from the US) with fine details and a little corrosion yielding a net grade of VG-10.  i don't have too many exciting forign coins...
BLACK LOTUS DONATIONS NEEDED!

CURRENT COUNT: 0

AzureWinter
Legendary Flying Green Mana Bird

Post by AzureWinter » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:25 am

I have many hobbys
1. Gundam models
2. Upgrading PC (hobby?)
3. Console Games
4. Snowboard

Probably this is why I never increase my collection for magic :p

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:29 am

Eric:  nice to know a fellow M:TG player is into cooler music as well.  I mainly like trance over techno now...but since the early 90s you could often find me dancing the night away at a Bay Area (San Francisco) rave when I lived in Cali back then.  Who are some more of your favorite artists?  Mine personally are DJ Tiesto, DJ Armin Van Burren, Paul Van Dyk, and older Paul Oakenfold (he had gone the way of Moby and started cranking out comericalized crap that sucks now).  

Cizzio

Post by Cizzio » Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:32 pm

Eric:  nice to know a fellow M:TG player is into cooler music as well.  I mainly like trance over techno now...but since the early 90s you could often find me dancing the night away at a Bay Area (San Francisco) rave when I lived in Cali back then.  Who are some more of your favorite artists?  Mine personally are DJ Tiesto, DJ Armin Van Burren, Paul Van Dyk, and older Paul Oakenfold (he had gone the way of Moby and started cranking out comericalized crap that sucks now).  
agree with u totaly!! a couple months ago i was on a trance cruise.. 2-3000 people that loves trance, could it be better? 48 hours of dancing and drinking red bull and vodka.. I will never forget that trip

Thrond
Librarities Legend

Post by Thrond » Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:47 pm

I play piano since 17 years now... and trumpet too...

Sorry I don't like too much trance, rave and this kind of stuff... I prefer classical (especially pre-romantic) I know, I'm an old-fashioned guy. :(

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:45 am

I make Winamp skins.  I guess that's really about it.  i'm actually quite boring.  :P

Luis

Post by Luis » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:07 pm

Besides MTG i collect comic books ;D and spend most of my time doing sports :)

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:58 am

agree with u totaly!! a couple months ago i was on a trance cruise.. 2-3000 people that loves trance, could it be better? 48 hours of dancing and drinking red bull and vodka.. I will never forget that trip
Cizzio...any newer artists you have found you like in the Euro scene?  With the loss of Napster...my current knowledge base of what is new over in Europe trance-wise has gone next to nothing.  Eric (or anyone else who knows)...this goes for you as well to divulge helpful knowledge to me.

Giediprime41
Librarities Legend

Post by Giediprime41 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:36 am

My hobby is also my job.
I'm a drummer for a metal band.
Just got off the road (tour), home for a while. ;D
Don't ask what band, i won't tell.
It's better that way.
I also collect STAR WARS figures. New and old.
My house is full of boxes (unopened figs.)
Darren

I have enough cards to stack them all up, and commit suicide off the top!

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:53 am

today I bought a 1830 large penny that someone had clearly been chewing on for a while.  
I can't believe I ate the whole thing

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:37 pm

I used to collect Star Wars. I've spent a small fortune on it. My life size Han Solo in carbonite is gathering dust. :-[