What other hobbies do you have?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

What other hobbies do you have?

Post by fvzappa » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:09 am

We all have talked about our jobs & what our interests are as far as MTG & misprints, but what other hobbies do we have? You never know, we may have more in common than we think, in some cases.

Myself, my other big hobby is anything & everything music. I collect records, go to several concerts, meet rock stars, & buy memorabilia similar to what you see at a Hard Rock Cafe, that decorate my walls.

I also am currently competing in a music trivia contest, & qualified for state competition, which is this weekend! I spend a lot of time with the stereo on, enjoying music that is for the most part at least a decade old.

I also have way too many t-shirts (mostly from the R&R concerts) as well as Converse High Tops I've been buying since high school (35 pairs & counting!).

So here's hoping that MTG isn't ALL we do in our spare time. What's your story?

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Re: What other hobbies do you have?

Post by AXIOS » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:29 am

i'm really into miniature wargaming, especially the lord of the rings range.

Spend a lot of time behind my pc (downing, fiddling with websites)

i love to read, especially fantasy (lotr, ghormenghast) and Stephen King.

And last but not least.
i love to watch movies!
mostly horror (king again ;)  ) and fantasy (dark crystal, lotr)
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:39 am

i collect coins, code php (examples), post on message boards, and probably a few other things i'm forgetting to mention, heh.
BLACK LOTUS DONATIONS NEEDED!

CURRENT COUNT: 0

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:06 am

Stephen King rules! Just started "From a Buick 8."

Muldoon
Legendary Dragon Whelp Master

Post by Muldoon » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:09 am

I like coins too but never got around to collecting them really :D
Other hobbies; guns! although very hard to persue that hobby in sweden, especially as an 18 year old :P
I love hiking in the nature, and i'm also interested in a lot of things related to military.
I love console games, mainly from Nintendo and Super Nintendo though :P I shun the new ones.
I hope to get around to writing novels (mainly fantasy) soon too, I just haven't found the time for it yet.
MTG is the thing taking the most of my cash still though :) Uh... Now I feel like a busy man ;D
Collecting Dragon Whelps! A/FBB/FWB/Summer/Alt4th/IE/TS/Test/Misprinted wanted!

rg

Post by rg » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:18 am

I used to play a lot AD&D and PC RPGs & strategie games when my wife and i had time, now we have kids.

i love reading too, especially classic fantasy (TSR novels, David Eddings, Tolkien ...); cinema & watching DVD (good to know there are others who love dark crystal  ;)).

ups, forgot ebay  ;D

Tenacious_Dyl
Librarities Legend

Post by Tenacious_Dyl » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:57 am

Sorta Collect Coins... sort of a passive hobby... if I see something cool in a market or collectors store I'll get it...

I have actually a plastic Alaskan one dollar piece good for trading fur in Anchorage... probably my pride and joy :P Also, I have money from many now-independant countries that used to be governed by Great Britian (such as egyptian coinage I have under european rule). Also a little money from East Africa and the CCCP before they collapsed.

My oldest coins are 1) From the roman era :) Yes.. I have some Roman coinage.

2) From roughly 1400's... in Spain.. very rare :P

Also, I play games online, Diablo 2 LOD was a favorite until recently, now I enjoy custom multiplayer games on WCIII Frozen Throne... and am looking forward to World of Warcraft.

In addition I enjoy Theatre, I do lots of props and lighting and sound work for local shows and performances.

:) Keep the posts coming everyone...

misterpid
Legendary World's Toughest Milkman

Post by misterpid » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:23 am

I play on a darts team.

I also play guitar and Theremin.   I'm not playing in a band right now, but I have played Theremin with Southern Culture on the Skids (a band from Chapel Hill, North Carolina) a couple of times.  I'll probably play with them down in Chapel Hill again next month.

I have a song that I recorded a few years ago up at http://www.garageband.com/artist/Misterpid.  Hopefully I'll be able to get a couple more songs up there soon.
Always looking for:
Legends Presence of the Master (English or Italian)
Dark Sorrow's Path (English or Italian)
Non-English Contract From Below.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:18 am

I collect older baseball cards (pre-1986), but I'm thinking of selling most of what I have.  My pride and joy is a collection of oddball inserts that came with baseball cards from the 1960s.

While I am killing the collection, I am a baseball fanatic and still play fantasy baseball with friends from college.  My team is doing horrible this year because of injuries and bad pitching.  I thought about playing baseball again locally, but a shoulder industry put an end to that until next year.

I love reading fantasy and science fiction, especially longer series.  I've read Tolkein many times.  I just finished re-reading Jordan's Wheel of Time series.  Sometimes repetetive, and of late he seems to be out to challenge Joseph Conrad for slowness of actions, but I'll stick with it till the end.  I'm about to reread the 14 books in Aasimov's  Robot / Foundation series (and can't wait to see the I, Robot movie).

Finally, I am a fairly avid golfer, and live where I can play year-round.  My doctor told me golf would be a great rehabilitation tool, so I'm playing at least once a week.  Unfortunately my scores aren't reflecting my enthusiasm (can't yet break 90 with any regularity.
Where have all the Magic sticker sets gone?

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:26 am

I play shadowfist, draw a bit, play a lil frisbee, do a lot of dicking around.
I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Annorax
Legendary Elder Atog General

Post by Annorax » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:38 am

My other hobby is poker.
Bah,

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:09 pm

do not feed the annorax
I can't believe I ate the whole thing

magicdude

Post by magicdude » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:29 pm

I quite actively play a PBM Football simulation game (for the 10th year now!).

[Translationmode]PBM = Play By Mail[/Translationmode]
[Translationmode for the continentally handicapped]
Football = Soccer (so no sissy-protection!)
[/Translationmode for the continentally handicapped]

I used to collect coins (British and Swedish) (and trying to get (at east) 1 coin of each coin-issuing entity - German & Italian independant states, German & Dutch cities, leper colonies (:o), former colonies, tiny islands, etc.). But they have become much too expensive for me, so I stopped.
Nowadays I only collect Eurocoins (from circulation mainly, but I also have bought 3 from Monaco and 1 from San Marino. Again, Vatican City is way too expensive).

Erl00
Librarities Legend

Post by Erl00 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:51 pm

Hi there,

My hobbies beyond collecting cards are limited because my job takes me around 60 hours per week and my girlfriend some time as well.

However, I like to play PC-based strategy / simulation games (currently playing perimeter, which looks really good).

My other 'hobby' is to spend a lot of time with my friends and going dancing in nightclubs. I like good techno music and weird atmospheres (i.e. not too much aseptized). Pushing my stamina limits is a challenge I enjoy, dancing until a far advanced time in the morning.

Some French members will attest that this is quite frequent to see me in a weird shape on Saturday afternoons ;D

;)
Eric.
Please help me finish my Boosters collection

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:56 pm

Some French members will attest that this is quite frequent to see me in a weird shape on Saturday afternoons ;D

;)
Eric.
Hi Eric.
LOL...I will confirmed One more time that tomorrow  :D
If the Rain decides to have a break  :(
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.