Do any of us have real jobs?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Re: Do any of us have real jobs?

Post by AXIOS » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:29 am

Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:56 am

I am running Lotus Notes V5.0.11.  The email client has rules you can define to disallow certain types of emails based on various words in either subject, body or both.  I love the creative types that use word variants to try and get around filters.  As if that will make me open up their garbage!  I just delete the few that get past.  The company also does a preview screening of incmong email and archives it for your reviewal.  I figure if the company caught it, no way I want it.
Hehe, Mailbox...

You know, this guy with ugly shorts walks around and puts stuff in the little box outside your house/apartment?

Is funny that these days we default to thinking about email.;-)

Gryfalia
He's just this guy, ya know?

rick21n
Librarities Legend

Post by rick21n » Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:28 am

Recent College Graduate working nearly Full-Time as a Assistant Network Admin (networking assistant type thing).  Hoping for a "real" job soon.  Money is tight for now... but i hope it gets better.

- rick

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:03 am

I'm a janitor at a local grocery co-op.  I make an incredible $7.25/hr.

www.outpostnaturalfoods.coop

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:02 pm

I'm a computer programmer for IBM. I work in research and development designing and writing prototype software. Basically IBM pays me to sit around and try to make computers do new things  :D

This gives me a modest amount of money to dump on things like magic, but I also waste it on a lot of other stuff as well. :)
Apathy House
Price Looker-Upper:Guide to Fake Cards:Vintage Ad Gallery
Looking for scans of any mtg ads! HELP!

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:18 pm

Cool thats my dreamwork that I will never get! In sweden u have to have your grades from school at 19+ where 20 is the most, to get into the right education. And I'm an avarage guy at 13,5...
Glad to see you are interested in the biz. Honestly, though, we sure don't make a lot of money doing what I do! I use AutoCad, & design, draw, & modify house plans on the computer all day. Work is okay, it is insane sometimes what people want in their homes. Most houses start at $500,000 (in Cincinnati, an average income area, US-wise). Most of the homes I've designed are huge houses that have basicly no yard... most of you know what I mean. The only famous persons I've designed a home for a few ballplayers, & Peter Frampton. Most are doctors & businessmen.

But I live in a cheap apartment, am single, & can afford the cards I want by buying in bulk. I'll buy out huge collections, skim off the top, & sell off in pieces to break even. It's the only way I know how!

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:39 pm

But I live in a cheap apartment, am single, & can afford the cards I want by buying in bulk. I'll buy out huge collections, skim off the top, & sell off in pieces to break even. It's the only way I know how!
This is what I do too. It's the only way I can justify spending so much money on this stuff.
Apathy House
Price Looker-Upper:Guide to Fake Cards:Vintage Ad Gallery
Looking for scans of any mtg ads! HELP!

Midtown

Post by Midtown » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:36 pm

Full time student at Kings collage London, studying Geography. Geography you ask. Beats me why? Anyone else here live in London?
Mail me for prices on MTG original artwork.

blackfire100

Post by blackfire100 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:10 pm

high-school junior that sits on my butt all day. it's quite fun, you should try it. ;)
Image The Great One

felagund

Post by felagund » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:20 pm

I am a management/finance student from Serbia, on the 3rd year of studies in Paris, will probably move to New York for an MBA next year. I am still milking money fot MTG from my parents (although I do not spend too much) but I am ashamed of that...  :-[  :)

All our jobs/studies fade compared to dragsamou's!!!! It sounds like a day-dream almost!  8)

Tenacious_Dyl
Librarities Legend

Post by Tenacious_Dyl » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:08 pm

Getting a job at MSU shortly, in addition to other sidework. I will be cleaning and maintaining cafeterias..... oh yes. Great fun ;)

Bas

Post by Bas » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:45 pm

people here are from all over the world and live in different time zones.

i am a driving instructor!
If you would have said that before I could made you rich ;) I have already had 60 lessons and failed 3 exams ;).
edit: if i read it earlier ;)

On topic, I am a Butchers assistant on saturdays, hard work, lousy pay, but I love it!
Don't PM me, email me at bas DOT kooijman AT hccnet DOT nl

Cheers!

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:24 am

If you would have said that before I could made you rich ;) I have already had 60 lessons and failed 3 exams ;).
edit: if i read it earlier ;)

On topic, I am a Butchers assistant on saturdays, hard work, lousy pay, but I love it!
why did you flunk your exams?

ps. had je het kird aapjes geld al?
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:36 am

why did you flunk your exams?

ps. had je het kird aapjes geld al?
Careful there Axios.  Bas says he is a Butchers Assistant - maybe that is a code word for Mafia Cleaner?   ;D
Oct 30, away until further notice

coolio
Librarities Legend

Post by coolio » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:03 am

I am currently a temp research analyst/document reviewer/coder/paralegal @ paulweiss
for those of you not much into the legal field.. it is among the top firms in the world..

looking @ law school hopefully within a yr or two.. then hopefully get back into a large firm and make partner in 2-3 yrs..

I clock too many hrs a wk as it is.. while doing ebay on the side.. that myth about sleep being necessary? its all a lie.. ...

©