Do any of us have real jobs?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Tenacious_Dyl
Librarities Legend

Re: Do any of us have real jobs?

Post by Tenacious_Dyl » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:12 am

Hehe, I have a friend who is Swedish :-) She is pretty cool. If I am right... there is a holiday tomorrow for you Swedish! She told me about it... she has to wear a wreath with candles, and a dress, and do lots of cooking!

Cizzio

Post by Cizzio » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:24 am

Hehe, I have a friend who is Swedish :-) She is pretty cool. If I am right... there is a holiday tomorrow for you Swedish! She told me about it... she has to wear a wreath with candles, and a dress, and do lots of cooking!
Thats "Lucia" your talking about, I think its only here in sweden, norway, denmark and finland u celebrate that. Well celebrate is wrong word perhaps, since we only do that while we are young. Then we just keep doing it cause its so fun for the kids... uhm... =)

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:58 am

You have a Spam filter on your Mailbox?  Impressive, tell me how you do it..;-)

State Farm proper doesn't screw around with email advertising, because it's weak and worthless..hehe.

Some agents may do it on their own, but not 'us'.

And I sit RIGHT next to the guy who processes our 'do not solicit' requests, and he's my hero, because I hate direct marketing in general...

Gryfalia
I am running Lotus Notes V5.0.11.  The email client has rules you can define to disallow certain types of emails based on various words in either subject, body or both.  I love the creative types that use word variants to try and get around filters.  As if that will make me open up their garbage!  I just delete the few that get past.  The company also does a preview screening of incmong email and archives it for your reviewal.  I figure if the company caught it, no way I want it.

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:16 am

I am a property accountant for the largest retail property management REIT in Canada, and with joint venture partnerships with the largest REIT in the US.

We use JDEdwards as our accounting software, and when we submit jobs, everything is done in a FIFO fashion, so if I am sitting around waiting for a job to process, I will often pop onto here and see what is happening.
Oct 30, away until further notice

Vilan

Post by Vilan » Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:02 am

I work in a mining lab... folks send us rocks and soil and such and we tell them what kinda stuff is in it. Not allowed to surf the net at work though ;) and even if we could, I just don't have time since I do actual work at my job, which seems to be more than I can say for some here. ::)

bigfatkitty
Legendary Overweight Cat Warrior

Post by bigfatkitty » Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:14 am

I worked today...well...at least a little bit.
Solitary Member of Dragsamou's 'Dirty Frenchie' Fan Club.
Worshiped by all Netherlandians.

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:31 am

I was wondering how some of us had as much money to spend as they do :)

I used to have more money, due to my working at IBM, as a full-time summer co-op for three consecutive summers, but...  IBM didn't see fit to hire me last summer, and I can't say I'm expecting them to hire me this summer, either.  Of course, the reason for this is that my main insider contact retired, so...  ah well.
BLACK LOTUS DONATIONS NEEDED!

CURRENT COUNT: 0

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:15 am

Being 17 and lazy, I don't have a job.  I could use money, though.

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:15 am

I was wondering how some of us had as much money to spend as they do :)
hmmm, no wife, no g/f, no kids - I get to spend whatever I want on ME!!!!   ;D
Besides, women's liberation movement says they want to be treated equal to the man, so if any woman complains about that, as far as I am concerned, equality is I pay one time, she pays the next and so on.  Again - more money for ME!!!!    :D

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:54 pm

Hi Members.
I'm sure a lot of you wonder what I do  ;)
Well,I have been for the last 20 Years in The Fashion Industry as well as raising my boy as a Single Father at the same time.My job is called a "Booker",and I have to manage and organize the life of Top-Models(My Specialty).I have been in The Jet Set because of my position,as a Models Agent in the place of Paris,and after all these years,I decide to have a Break simply because I never had time for anybody else but my Models and my Job,this is the kind of Job where you know when you started but never know when you will finished,not mentioning that taking care of 15/20 models of 16/18 years is taking a lot of your energy.My last job as a Headbooker,was a real bad experience and since then I decide to work time to time in this business.So,now,I have time for myself and my hobbies
up to the moment that I will decide to work again Full time.Right now,I have an offer to open a New Models Agency,but I'm not sure if I want to stick back at Full time in this Crazy Business.One thing is sure,I never been so happy to have that Type of Freedom now even If I have much less money....
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:02 pm

Hi Members.
I'm sure a lot of you wonder what I do  ;)
Well,I have been for the last 20 Years in The Fashion Industry as well as raising my boy as a Single Father at the same time.My job is called a "Booker",and I have to manage and organize the life of Top-Models(My Specialty).I have been in The Jet Set because of my position,as a Models Agent in the place of Paris,and after all these years,I decide to have a Break simply because I never had time for anybody else but my Models and my Job,this is the kind of Job where you know when you started but never know when you will finished,not mentioning that taking care of 15/20 models of 16/18 years is taking a lot of your energy.My last job as a Headbooker,was a real bad experience and since then I decide to work time to time in this business.So,now,I have time for myself and my hobbies
up to the moment that I will decide to work again Full time.Right now,I have an offer to open a New Models Agency,but I'm not sure if I want to stick back at Full time in this Crazy Business.One thing is sure,I never been so happy to have that Type of Freedom now even If I have much less money....
Dragsamou - please tell me you are talking about female models!   ;)    If so, I think I would come by and visit my aunt in Paris - and check out your workplace if that was okay   ;D

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:28 pm

Dragsamou - please tell me you are talking about female models!   ;)    If so, I think I would come by and visit my aunt in Paris - and check out your workplace if that was okay   ;D
Hi Silver.Paladin.
Yes....Female Models.Few monthes ago,I was for The
First Time working in a Men's Agency it was pretty fun as an Experiment,but there was a Woman's division in the Same place  ;)I guess you gonna have to wait for my next mission to come and visit me,it's funny,how many people for the last 20 years wanted to come and visit me  :D That's probably why,I pretend I was a Butcher for all this time  ;)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Erl00
Librarities Legend

Post by Erl00 » Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:41 pm

Hi Silver.Paladin.
Yes....Female Models.Few monthes ago,I was for The
First Time working in a Men's Agency it was pretty fun as an Experiment,but there was a Woman's division in the Same place  ;)I guess you gonna have to wait for my next mission to come and visit me,it's funny,how many people for the last 20 years wanted to come and visit me  :D That's probably why,I pretend I was a Butcher for all this time  ;)
Yeah, you even do not mention for WHO you worked last year ...

Well, Alexis, as soon as you've open your Models Agency, please let me know if you need a Strategic Division, I'll be happy to run it for you ;D

Eric.
Please help me finish my Boosters collection

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:51 pm

Yeah, you even do not mention for WHO you worked last year ...

Well, Alexis, as soon as you've open your Models Agency, please let me know if you need a Strategic Division, I'll be happy to run it for you ;D

Eric.
Hi Eric.
On purpose  :-X This Is Private and Confidential.
Well,to open an Agency Now,is a Very Risky Business,even if you have serious backers,the good Old times are gone  :'(
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:12 am

Well, Alexis, as soon as you've open your Models Agency, please let me know if you need a Strategic Division, I'll be happy to run it for you
i wanna advertise myself, too, hehe :)

if any of ya'll who have lots of hiring power want to hire me...  i'd happily consider! :D

also, if any of ya'll want a php scripter - i'm ready and willing, too! :)

you can see some of my work at the following places:

http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/graemlin.php
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/viewhack.php?id=1504
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/viewhack.php?id=1570
BLACK LOTUS DONATIONS NEEDED!

CURRENT COUNT: 0