Magiclibrarities will be on Facebook in January 2024

Everything else about the website.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Magiclibrarities will be on Facebook in January 2024

Post by dragsamou » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:10 am

Hi Members

First of all Happy New Year.

Magiclibrarities will be on Facebook in the beginning of the month of January (precised date will be mentioned later on).

It will be a Private hidden group where members will be only invited (either by me or by other Magiclibrarities members).

The group will be a place for sharing the regular updates on Magiclibrarities and talking about them.

It will be also for those that enjoy collecting and discussing Magic Rarities, Magic Memorabilia, Magic Magazines and Comics, etc. from Magic: the Gathering product in its many forms, varieties and languages from all eras of the game.

I want also the group to be a place for me to offer items from my collection and also to buy, sale, trade in a trusty and safety way between members knowing each other and offering different MTG items in one place instead of having to go through so many groups.

Anything covered in the Magic Galleries, Magic Memorabilia, and Magic Rarities section will be approved.
https://www.magiclibrarities.net/galleries.html
https://www.magiclibrarities.net/memorabilia.html
https://www.magiclibrarities.net/rarities.html

More info to come...

LAST UPDATE: 4 February, 2024

First invites will be sent Saturday 13 January, 2024. If a Magiclibrarities member wants to join send me a Private Message with the name or pseudo that you are using on Facebook.

Anonymous bidding will be accepted in this group. I believe that anyone who want to stay anonymous has the right, especially when sale sor auctions are taking place. The bidder who wants to remain anonymous will need to contact an Administrator or Moderator to place a bid on his behalf with the proper instructions.

If you want to join and that you are a long time Magiclibrarities member send me a Private Messages here with the pseudo that you are using on Facebook.

Banner has been created, rules have been placed (to be updated on a regular basis), settings are on (some will be improved or added).

Standard cards and Misprints won't be accepted (except if they are in the Magic Rarities sections or subsections) or in the Misprinted Non-Standard Error Cards subsection:
https://www.magiclibrarities.net/703-ra ... index.html

While not covered on Magiclibrarities Vintage Artists Proofs will be accepted.
Edition: From Beta to 10th X Edition.
Expansion: From Antiquities to Eventide.

GROUP RULES (Last update January 14, 2024)

These are the Group Rules. Read the whole post:

In order to join this group, you need to have been on Facebook for at least 1 year. Empty Profile and empty About won't be accepted. It's an Only Invite Private group (you need to be invited by a Magiclibrarities member or by myself).

Never DELETE any sale posts or sold items (or a Search posts).

Anonymous bidding will be accepted in this group. I believe that anyone who want to stay anonymous has the right, especially when sale sor auctions are taking place. The bidder who wants to remain anonymous will need to contact an Administrator or Moderator to place a bid on his behalf with the proper instructions.

Feel free to leave the group anytime you wish for whatever reasons but knowing that you won't be able to rejoin after that.

If you have a question about the rules, post it here.

If your post was declined POST THE TEXT OF IT HERE, and ask your question.

If someone is doing something they shouldn't, REPORT the post.

1. This is a group for items that you can find in the different sections and subsections of Magiclibrarities:
Magic Galleries
Magic Memorabilia
Magic Rarities
Only MTG products coming from those will be accepted.
https://www.magiclibrarities.net/index.html

Standard cards and Misprints won't be accepted (except if they are in the Magic Rarities sections or subsections) or in the Misprinted Non-Standard Error Cards subsection.

While not covered on Magiclibrarities Vintage Artists Proofs will be accepted.

Edition: From Beta to 10th X Edition.
Expansion: From Antiquities to Eventide.

2. This group was created for anyone that has an interest in Magiclibrarities items or products, whether you collect it, or just want to buy / sell / trade some items; with a few caveats:

2A). When you buy, sell or trade with people in this group, you are doing so at your own risk. We expect you to resolve your own disputes, contact authorities if illegal actions have been made, and to live with the consequences of buying / selling / trading on Facebook.
If you are submitting a post to sell something in this group, it must include at least one picture of your items. and a precised list of the items offered within the group (not on an external link like Google Doc, pic, etc.), also refrain yourself from using acronyms, post the full name of the Set. If the picture you've included is not your own and you peeled it from the internet somewhere, the post will not be approved. If a post has been approved and it is discovered that the picture used is not your own (ie. peeled from the internet), the post will subsequently be deleted. Only pics of MTG Magiclibrarities items accepted in the group are authorized (look the link in rule 1).

2B). Please consolidate multiple items into one post as you can ONLY have One sale post and One search post. Do not submit a new post if you want to change your existing post into an auction or sale, recreate a similar one, or create a new post with different new Magiclibrarities items. It will be rejected or deleted. Use the edit feature. Once something is completed or sold, DO NOT delete the post or items in the original post (just mention "SOLD/FOUND" on top of the original post and turn off comments, if fully completed), so that it can be kept for reference, price tracking, Administrator or Moderator protocol, etc. Deleting a previous sale post or items in the original post can get you Removed and Blocked from the group in some specific cases. Repacks, lotteries, and raffles are not allowed.

2C). ANY form of external advertisement is not allowed in this group. Posts created with the express purpose of linking to your personal eBay auctions, or other online businesses will not be approved. The ONLY time it will be permitted to refer to your eBay items or online/retail business is in reply to a member's post requesting information regarding searching / purchasing out of print Magiclibrarities product.
Please refrain from including business cards or store branded merchandise in images of your posts / comments. Posts with such items will not be approved, and comments containing such images will be deleted.

3. Please be respectful of the other humans that are in this group. People are passionate about many different things. Arguing is ok. Swearing profusely, insulting, attacking or threatening people, derailing or hijacking threads, blocking an Administrator or Moderator and all forms of trolling is not.
These actions will result in a warning (while comments will be rermoved), a muting (7-28 days) or your removal from the group (especially if you were warned or suspended before).

4. Do NOT accuse people of selling / posting fakes, manipulating markets, or any other actions for which you do not have proof or clear justification for doing so. Comment that implies that old boosters are all searched won't be tolerated. We take spreading misinformation seriously and these actions may result on a muting or your removal from the group.

5. If your post has been declined, do not attempt to repost it. Facebook doesn't notify you if your post was declined, but if the "your post is pending approval" message is gone, we've accepted or rejected it. If you would like to know why your post was rejected, please reread the group rules (which you're doing! Good job!). If the post was rejected, you might receive a feedback note from an Administrator explaining the reason.
6. You are allowed to bump your own post once per 24 hour period. If anyone has posted on your post less than 24 hours ago, you are not allowed to bump it. To clarify what a bump is, if you are posting on your own post to bring it to the top, that is a bump. If you are doing so LESS THAN 24 hours since the last time ANYONE posted on your post, you are bumping it, even if you are updating what has sold. If you want to clarify what has sold, please edit the original post.
====================================================================================================================
Have a question? Was your post DECLINED or deleted? REPOST it HERE INSTEAD of PMing an Admin or Moderator. Please provide pics and explanations. Once a submitted post is rejected, it's gone and we have no way to access it or for a limited time. The Administrator or Moderator are from different parts of the world (meaning that the Administrator or Moderator who deleted the post won't be automatically the one answering your question). The only tool that Facebook provides for Administrator and Moderator is the Admin Activity which only allows us to see which Administrator or Moderator deleted the post, that's it. Responses to this thread are Only for questions and clarifications of this post (Not for sales / offerings or search posts).
Thanks for your understanding.

AUCTION AND SALES POSTS RULES

Auctions and sales posts must have the following item information:

Item Name
Language
Condition (Any damage, defects or issues need to be mentioned)
At least one clear and current scan or photo of physical items offered.
Payment information - Seller cannot specify whether personal or business payments. Seller may specify that “buyer handles all related fees and charges”.
Shipping information
Auctions posts must also include:
If International shipping is allowed.
Starting bid, increments and currency.
End date, including time zone.
Time extension rules: Anti-Snipe 24 hours
Payment method accepted

AUCTION RULES

All bids are final. DO NOT delete or retract bids. Please contact the seller and Administrator team before you withdraw from an auction. Auctioneers are required to contact the Administrator team with any bid issues on your auctions as soon as possible.
A Buy-It-Now (BIN) option cannot be added once an auction has been posted.
Non-public and proxy bids are allowed. Auctioneer is required to keep a record of all bids. Admin team may review auction bids at any time.
Non-public and proxy bidders must be numbered in the auction thread.
All bidders must be a member of the Magiclibrarities group. The auctioneer is liable for verifying any private bidders.
DO NOT delete the auction post or any comments after the auction has completed.
Any premature end or extension to an auction outside of the rules is not allowed.
Maximum auction length is 7 days.
Auctioneers are allowed 1 daily bump to help visibility. Auctioneers may bump more than once in the last 24 hours of an auction.

SALES RULES

A sales post is any post with a value amount for an item (i.e. minimum, range) or soliciting offers.
All sales are final. Contact the admin team if either party withdraws from a sale after it has been finalized.
All offers are non-binding if sale has not been finalized and cannot be enforced by the admin team.
Sellers are allowed 1 daily bump to help visibility.
Sellers are allowed 2 daily updates to post or thread with the current highest offer ONLY IF it has changed since the last update.
Sellers are encouraged to keep up sales posts for future reference.

New rule added: Respect privacy: This group will have posts containing: private collections, personal research. Some of these informations, pics, scans might be sensitive and it would be inappropriate to share outside of this group without permission.

New comment: As we are 50 members now, I will start posting: Sharing posts from my collection. Some cards, Unofficial Tokens, Unofficial cards, etc. that were never shown before from the different subsections. Next step is at least 100 members, for some sales to happened.

TRADING RULES

Trading posts must have the following item information:
Item Name (s)
Language
Condition (Any damage, defects or issues need to be mentioned)
Quantity
At least one clear and current scan or photo of physical items offered.
Trader information and location.
Shipping information
Only Magic Rarities items can be traded, but you can ask for other items in exchange: MTG Art, regular cards, etc. To be talked to in Private Message if the requested items are not Magic Rarities.
Traders are encouraged to keep up Trading posts for future reference.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Re: Magiclibrarities will be on Facebook in January 2024

Post by l0qii » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:23 pm

Exciting news! Happy to help moderate as I do here.

lorenzogiovanardi

Post by lorenzogiovanardi » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:15 am

Exciting!

Hope there will be an open spot for me too, I only recently started collecting playtest cards, but we all have to start somewhere :)

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:10 pm

Great idea, look forward to hearing more.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:53 am

lorenzogiovanardi wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:15 am
Exciting!

Hope there will be an open spot for me too, I only recently started collecting playtest cards, but we all have to start somewhere :)
Hi

As you are a Magiclibrarities member and you want to join send me a PM here with the pseudo that you are using on Facebook so I can add you.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

lorenzogiovanardi

Post by lorenzogiovanardi » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:48 am

dragsamou wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:53 am
lorenzogiovanardi wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:15 am
Exciting!

Hi

As you are a Magiclibrarities member and you want to join send me a PM here with the pseudo that you are using on Facebook so I can add you.
Pm sent, thank you :)