Difference between sentbox and outbox?

Everything else about the website.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Difference between sentbox and outbox?

Post by hammr7 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:57 pm

Out of curiosity, what is the difference between sentbox and outbox in the private message section? I have recently sent responses to private messages, and it seems some have landed in the sentbox while others have landed in the outbox. I'm curious about whether some of these responses aren't getting to their intended recipients, perhaps because their mailboxes are full.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Re: Difference between sentbox and outbox?

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:37 pm

hammr7 wrote:Out of curiosity, what is the difference between sentbox and outbox in the private message section? I have recently sent responses to private messages, and it seems some have landed in the sentbox while others have landed in the outbox. I'm curious about whether some of these responses aren't getting to their intended recipients, perhaps because their mailboxes are full.
My blush on that Hammer is that they stay in the outbox until they are opened by the recipiant at which time they are transfered to the sentbox. That way you can know if someone has opened their mail or doesn't even know you just offered them a BL for $5.00
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:01 am

That's what I figured, but I wanted to make sure. I think my sentbox must have been messed up at some point, since there were a number of older messages to active members that were still in it.

Guess it is time for a little housekeeping.