Changing a User Name

Everything else about the website.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

Post Reply
User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5402
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Changing a User Name

Post by dragsamou » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi Members
As one Member, asked me, is it possible to change a user name on this version of phpBB, I have looked everywhere in the administration panel, and don't see that option, went also on google, and so far can't find that possibility. If anyone has a clue , let me know. Thanks
EDIT:Find it finally.

To do this go to:
Administration Control Panel -> General Admin -> Configuration, scroll down to User and Forum Basic Settings and select YES to Allow User Name Changes.

If this is checked, users can change their username by simply going to their Profile and deleting what's written in the username box and writing in a new name for themselves.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend
Posts: 509
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:45 am
Location: Boston

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:26 pm

This could have severe implications and I believe there are legitimate reasons why most forums do not allow you to do this. Perhaps I am overreacting but this makes me worry about scams especially if the user base of this site starts to expand.
squt: Sweet! That's the best trade - one that doesn't cost a thing.

pickle.69: NO DRINK ON THE FUCKING TABLE

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5402
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:54 pm

Ertai's Familiar wrote:This could have severe implications and I believe there are legitimate reasons why most forums do not allow you to do this. Perhaps I am overreacting but this makes me worry about scams especially if the user base of this site starts to expand.
Hi Ertai
I wrote that I find how to allow Members to change their names, not that I will do it. As, I received a message from one Member, that wants to do so, I was just getting on the case, to provide him an answer towards the fact if it was possible or not.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis
Posts: 992
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:32 am
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Thank you for finding out Alexis. I have been disliking "alien_starfighter_pilot" and have wanted to change it shortly after starting my Paladin global collection. I wasn't planning on changing my user name to "Metta World Peace" or anything similair :-P

Does anyone have a compelling reason for me to not change my user name from "alien_starfighter_pilot" to "Jumper"?

Clay

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5402
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:Thank you for finding out Alexis. I have been disliking "alien_starfighter_pilot" and have wanted to change it shortly after starting my Paladin global collection. I wasn't planning on changing my user name to "Metta World Peace" or anything similair :-P

Does anyone have a compelling reason for me to not change my user name from "alien_starfighter_pilot" to "Jumper"?

Clay
Hi Clay
If I activate this function, not only you will be able to do so, but any members, or any new members joining.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend
Posts: 509
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:45 am
Location: Boston

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:54 pm

dragsamou wrote:
Ertai's Familiar wrote:This could have severe implications and I believe there are legitimate reasons why most forums do not allow you to do this. Perhaps I am overreacting but this makes me worry about scams especially if the user base of this site starts to expand.
Hi Ertai
I wrote that I find how to allow Members to change their names, not that I will do it. As, I received a message from one Member, that wants to do so, I was just getting on the case, to provide him an answer towards the fact if it was possible or not.
Gotca, sorry!
squt: Sweet! That's the best trade - one that doesn't cost a thing.

pickle.69: NO DRINK ON THE FUCKING TABLE

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis
Posts: 992
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:32 am
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:16 am

dragsamou wrote:
Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:Thank you for finding out Alexis. I have been disliking "alien_starfighter_pilot" and have wanted to change it shortly after starting my Paladin global collection. I wasn't planning on changing my user name to "Metta World Peace" or anything similair :-P

Does anyone have a compelling reason for me to not change my user name from "alien_starfighter_pilot" to "Jumper"?

Clay
Hi Clay
If I activate this function, not only you will be able to do so, but any members, or any new members joining.
Is this something you can activate for a short time (like until I can change my user name) and then deactivate, or once opened can't be closed?

Clay

AbsolutAlphas
Librarities Hero
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:46 am

Post by AbsolutAlphas » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:06 pm

If you end up enabling this option for a short period of time, please let me know as I'd like to change mine too.

Thanks,
Jake

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:01 am

Clay you can only change your name to:

Primal_Clay

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest