New Forum

Everything else about the website.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

User avatar
mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:12 am
Location: Jena / Thüringen/ Germany

Re: New Forum

Post by mmgun » Tue May 26, 2015 9:26 am

Can you set up a URL redirect or at least a Hint about the new URL from "www.magiclibrarities.net/forum" to the new URL "http://forum.magiclibrarities.net/forum"

When calling the OLD URL for now, its ends up as 404 Error. Many people may have bookmarked this and will be stuck now.

Ggekos
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:28 pm
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: New Forum

Post by Ggekos » Tue May 26, 2015 11:04 am

It's done.
Mind's Desire !

User avatar
mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:12 am
Location: Jena / Thüringen/ Germany

Re: New Forum

Post by mmgun » Tue May 26, 2015 11:13 am

Thanks, that works now.

However, i wonder if there is a way to make all the links indexed by all search engines work again.
E.g. Google only has dead links now , as it has still indexed the old URL.

Or will this fix itself over time, when the search engines realize the redirect ?


Maybe this helps ?

https://support.google.com/webmasters/a ... 3106?hl=en

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter
Posts: 956
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Queensland, Australia

Re: New Forum

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed May 27, 2015 10:32 pm

There used to be a feature which showed me all the new posts since I was last on the forum. It was working with the new forum the other day but now it seems to have dropped off. Has it moved or is it gone?

User avatar
l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator
Posts: 1722
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:56 am
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: New Forum

Post by l0qii » Thu May 28, 2015 4:23 am

Google will fix itself with time, I wouldn't worry about that

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5402
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Re: New Forum

Post by dragsamou » Thu May 28, 2015 6:20 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:There used to be a feature which showed me all the new posts since I was last on the forum. It was working with the new forum the other day but now it seems to have dropped off. Has it moved or is it gone?
Hi Mark

It's working for me (It's no longer in orange but in red), but you have also a new function on top of the forum: Quick links. There you can simply click on New posts also. Keep me updated if no new posts are not showing for you.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:01 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Re: New Forum

Post by effai » Thu May 28, 2015 9:17 am

dragsamou wrote: you have also a new function on top of the forum: Quick links. There you can simply click on New posts also. Keep me updated if no new posts are not showing for you.
now THIS is awesome :)

thanks for putting this fonction =D>
Mahamoti djinn & Terror global sets => I need your help !
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7846&p=69149#p69149
Other Global sets wantlist : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9454&p=84467#p84467

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter
Posts: 956
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Queensland, Australia

Re: New Forum

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri May 29, 2015 2:14 am

Image

This is what I get...

But the Quick Links is just fine.

And I like the new photo upload as well.

Cheers

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5402
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Re: New Forum

Post by dragsamou » Fri May 29, 2015 7:18 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:Image

This is what I get...

But the Quick Links is just fine.

And I like the new photo upload as well.

Cheers
Hi Mark

This is indeed how New post is showing now (red instead of orange)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter
Posts: 956
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Queensland, Australia

Re: New Forum

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sat May 30, 2015 2:27 am

... my old broken link :)

Under the 'Last visit was....' and just above 'Mark forums as read' used to be another link called 'show new posts' or 'new posts since last visit' or something like that.

I don't mind, the new way work just fine, I just need some reassurance that I am not going mad and imagining things.

User avatar
effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:01 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Re: New Forum

Post by effai » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:28 am

I just noticed (I had a PM that I hadn't seen) that the notifications settings were all reseted by the new software (I used to receive an email when I got a PM, and I don't anymore).

Not that I don't know how to set it again, just wanted to warn the users that didn't notice yet.
Mahamoti djinn & Terror global sets => I need your help !
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7846&p=69149#p69149
Other Global sets wantlist : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9454&p=84467#p84467

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5402
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Re: New Forum

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:22 am

effai wrote:I just noticed (I had a PM that I hadn't seen) that the notifications settings were all reseted by the new software (I used to receive an email when I got a PM, and I don't anymore).

Not that I don't know how to set it again, just wanted to warn the users that didn't notice yet.
Hi
The PM that you didn't seen, was it because you didn't received an email, or because there was not a "1" in the Private messages tab on the top right ?
Did you managed to set in again in order to receive a email whenever someone send you a PM, if so how did you do it, that might help others members to know ?
Is everything working fine on your part now ?
Let me know. Thanks. Alexis

PS: You need also to modify your signature (if taken from post on the forum) with the new correct links, as the old ones doesn't work anymore in:
User Control Panel
Profile
Edit signature

Mahamoti djinn & Terror global sets

I need your help !

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=1417

Other Global sets wantlist : http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=9454

Those 2 links above goes to: Not Found The requested URL /forum/viewtopic.php was not found on this server.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:01 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Re: New Forum

Post by effai » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:26 pm

dragsamou wrote: The PM that you didn't seen, was it because you didn't received an email, or because there was not a "1" in the Private messages tab on the top right ?
Did you managed to set in again in order to receive a email whenever someone send you a PM, if so how did you do it, that might help others members to know ?
Is everything working fine on your part now ?
Let me know. Thanks. Alexis

PS: You need also to modify your signature (if taken from post on the forum) with the new correct links, as the old ones doesn't work anymore in:
User Control Panel
Profile
Edit signature

Mahamoti djinn & Terror global sets

I need your help !

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=1417

Other Global sets wantlist : http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=9454

Those 2 links above goes to: Not Found The requested URL /forum/viewtopic.php was not found on this server.
I just didn't get an email.

For those who are interested, to receive an email when you got PMed,

Click on your name in the top right of the main page, then select 'User Control Panel'

Then go to the menu 'Edit notification option' in the 'Board preferences' thumb, and select 'someone sends you a private message' to 'email'

That's it !

Everything else is fine for me, it seems I just have to change my signature (and reload the avatar picture I think), thanks for pointing this to me.
Mahamoti djinn & Terror global sets => I need your help !
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7846&p=69149#p69149
Other Global sets wantlist : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9454&p=84467#p84467

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5402
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Re: New Forum

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:45 pm

effai wrote: Everything else is fine for me, it seems I just have to change my signature (and reload the avatar picture I think), thanks for pointing this to me.
Great, yes all the signatures if coming from a link from the forum need to be changed, and avatar are working now, no need to reload if you have one previously.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
Alifromcairo
Librarities Hero
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: Chamonix, FRANCE

Re: New Forum

Post by Alifromcairo » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:26 am

Hi,

I have not been connected for a while and this is a great job !

Thank you for the fresh air =D>
Visit the Shores of Imagination

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest