New User - Washme

Everything else about the website.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

washme

New User - Washme

Post by washme » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Hello. I've been collecting cards for as long as I can remember. It started out with the old movie tie-in card sets like Dark Crystal, Gremlins, etc. Then moved to TCGs with MtG Revised and have been hooked hard. I took a break from collecting for a while for financial reasons (Rent > Cards), but now I'm back to slowly collecting. I mostly collect dead CCGs I used to play in the 90s when I was a kid. I managed to finally complete all 3 sets of Ani-Mayhem. I'm currently working on FPG Guardians, and always on the lookout for decently priced Blood Wars sets (just the 2 expansions, I have the base set and the promo). I'm also working on the Original Netrunner sets, but thanks to the LCG, those prices are still pretty high for my taste for a dead CCG. That's about it. Thanks for reading!

thulnanth
Librarities Legend

Re: New User - Washme

Post by thulnanth » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:27 pm

Hello and welcome!!

My journey was much like yours, although I started with sports and movie cards in the 70's (I'm not that old, althou now I need reading glassses to post, lol). Looking forward to sharing my passion with another enthusiast. :wink:

Take it easy,
Jared
Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:48 am

Welcome!

Yep, Star Wars movie cards and stickers for me.

I only got into MtG because there were no other sets of collectible cards in my village, just the one shop selling "Stars of Bollywood" and the new "It's like Dungeons and Dragons but with cards" sets. I had already bought half a dozen "Stars of Bollywood" packs and I didn't play D&D so I didn't get any.

Fast forward a year and I got a proper introduction to the game and started collecting at Revised / Fallen Empires.

To this day I tell myself that I didn't miss out on Unlimited and it must have been early packs of Revised on the shelf.

I have two sealed boxes of X-files (starters and Expansion) and numerous sealed and opened packs from the other games from the time, including two opened boxes of Ultimate Combat (A martial arts themed MtG clone that was terrible (Best Card Name: Bad Sushi!))

I don't play but I already had a small collection of sealed boosters when I quit the first time so I have just been adding to that ever since.

Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe

Post by Alifromcairo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Welcome back to the mtg community Washme and sorry for your relapse ! :-D
I hope you will enjoy again the thrill to look after rare pieces of mtg history.
Visit the Shores of Imagination