Magic Librarities Holiday Gift Exchange - Revised Edition

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

ANALOG_KID
Legendary MTG Art Collector

Magic Librarities Holiday Gift Exchange - Revised Edition

Post by ANALOG_KID » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:19 am

Greetings all!
Yes, it's that time again. :dance:
Welcome to the Revised Edition of the Magic Librarities Holiday Gift Exchange.
For those of you joining us for the first time.....
I'm Analog_Kid. My wife MoonSprite and I are again your hosts in what looks to be a Magic tradition.
First and foremost we'd like to thank Alexis for graciously allowing us to continue this event in the MagicLibrarities new home. =D>

(Our apologies in advance for the length of the post.) :-P

What is it?
It's a celebration of goodwill and community spirit among the members of Magic Librarities. We come here with a shared interest and very often have been enlightened or at least entertained, by the things we see or read here. The gift exchange is a fun way to participate in the sense of comraderie with your fellow members and make new friends.
Basically, participants put their names in the hat, we draw names at random for each participant and they send something (usually/ preferrably Magic related) as a surprise gift at the holidays. (Often called a Secret Santa.)

Why is it called Revised Edition?
Magic inside humor, of course. :wink:
Back in 2004, a gentleman named Sylvanstu started the gift exchange in the Magic Library.
The following year (2005) when MoonSprite and I first volunteered she commented that calling it the 2nd annual just didn't quite capture the spirit of the event. She said calling it the Beta Edition seemed more fitting.
Naturally, we had to call the next one (last year) Unlimited and to keep the joke running, this year is the Revised Edition.

Now, on to the Gift Exchange.

We have a few guidelines and suggestions that we'd like to go over, to get things started.
Please read them carefully.

All members are eligible to participate.

There is an arbitrary (approximate) price limit of about $20 - $25 US. (shipping costs not included.)
Shipping will be the "givers" responsibility. (Please contact us if that is a challenge for you.)

***From now until 6pm (California time) November 17, 2007 we will be taking registrations.***
Due to time constraints, we will be unable to accomodate late registrations. So don't wait till it's too late. #-o

We would request you send via PM to MoonSprite's mailbox the following information:
Name ( real name & library name)
Mailing Address (or address you would like items shipped to).
A valid email address (other than Magiclibrarities) you may be contacted at.
Optional, but highly recommended - a wishlist. (Try to keep the list under 20 line items.)
We will also need to know if you are willing/ able to ship internationally.

Your information (excluding your email) will be provided ONLY to the person who draws your name.

Confirmed participants will have their Librarity names listed at the bottom of this first post once we have received their information.
YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED UNTIL AFTER WE HAVE REC'D YOUR INFORMATION.
Posting "I'm in", on the thread does not constitute registering. ](*,)

We understand that life has its complications and challenges so, if for ANY reason after confirming, you find that you are unable or not willing to participate to the fullest, please let us know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Names will be drawn from the Magic Hat and participants notified (via PM or email) on November 17 and 18, 2007

Due to an increased amount of postal workloads at that time of year, we are requesting that persons shipping internationally (overseas) have their items shipped no later than Dec. 1, 2007.
This is recommended due to possible delays in customs.
Those with domestic shipping should ship by Dec. 8, 2007. This is so the items can hopefully arrive on time to their respective destinations.

We would like members to notify us when they ship gifts AND when they receive them.
Although it is not necessary, if you would like to provide us with a tracking number (delivery confirmation, registered mail, or other means of following items progress) for the gift, we will graciously keep the number for your references.

Here are some suggestions maximize the experience for the community.

1) Research your recipient. Spend some time reading through their posts
to try to discover what they collect. Part of the fun is in getting to know
people and trying to please them. (You're recipients wishlist will be provided on request, if they supplied one.)

2) If you can't find something that you know is on their wishlist, try to find
interesting, oddball things that they may not have seen. Customizing a card(s) is an idea for those rich in creativity but poor in pocketbook.
The goal should be creativity rather than bottom line Auction Site value.

3) The gifts should not be given anonymously, we are trying to make friends.
You may publicly post that you received (please wait until after Dec. 24, 2007 to post) and if you like, WHAT you received if you are thrilled so the person responsible will know.

Please DO NOT publicly post who sent you your gift and you should ALWAYS privately acknowledge a gift.

4) $20 to $25 is the suggested value for gifts but please give whatever you want to give and think is appropriate for the magic rarities community.
If you are thinking of sending standard commons or would be upset if that is what you received, it might better if you didn't participate.

If you have ANY questions or concerns, please contact us. We will do our best to answer and assist you.
Best wishes to all and have a wonderful day!
Analog & MoonSprite O:)

CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS - only 15 thus far? :-O
Agzz
Analog_Kid
Berkumps
Bigfatkitty
Dragsamou
Goobafish
Hortar
Jeppe
Mahdishain
Mr. C
Notsofasteddie
Pickle.69
Sk1
Spectral_Bears
Yawg07
Last edited by ANALOG_KID on Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:55 am, edited 9 times in total.

mahdishain
Librarities Legend

Post by mahdishain » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:41 am

pm sent to moonsprite to get my name thrown in the hat.
moonsprite is member number 140, last member on page seven, for those of you who want to pm her to get in.

MoonSprite
Legendary MTG Art Collector's Wife

Post by MoonSprite » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:33 am

Sheez Tom,
You and Analog must subscribe to similar thinking styles. :-k :wink:
Here, let me simplify it for you both.
PM link is
right below this. :-D

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:30 pm

Hi Members.
Only 6 Members for the Revised Edition of the Magic Librarities Holiday Gift Exchange ?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

MoonSprite

Post by MoonSprite » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:34 pm

Two more added and awaiting info from one more. =D>

Don't wait till the last minute to sign up!
Come join in the holiday spirit. O:)

sk1
Librarities Legend

Post by sk1 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:44 am

Naturally, we had to call the next one (last year) Unlimited and to keep the joke running, this year is the Revised Edition.
You should plan another gift exchange for sometime in June/July, call it Summer Edition, and then cancel it at the last minute. To make it more "historically accurate", maybe have a couple members (possibly someone from Texas and Ireland) accidentally exchange gifts before cancelling it.

mahdishain
Librarities Legend

Post by mahdishain » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:05 am

brilliant

ANALOG_KID
Legendary MTG Art Collector

Post by ANALOG_KID » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:58 am

You should plan another gift exchange for sometime in June/July, call it Summer Edition,
Yes, a wonderful idea.
Sk1 - You can sign up for it just like you have for this years holiday exchange. :-P

Actually, a "Summer" edition was discussed by MoonSprite, a few other members and myself. MoonSprite and I felt it best placed on hiatus due to the sites transition from Library to Librarities.
If the participation rate for this years gift exchange were to increase dramatically, then we may be able to provide Dragsamou with a viable excuse to allow us to release a Summer edition.

C'mon! Join in the fun! :-D

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:03 am

ANALOG_KID wrote: Yes, a wonderful idea.
Sk1 - You can sign up for it just like you have for this years holiday exchange. :-P
Since Mister Sk1 have that brilliant idea,I really hope that he signs up and offers a Summer Card as a gift =D>
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

notsofasteddie
Librarities Legend

Post by notsofasteddie » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:27 am

dragsamou wrote:Hi Members.
Only 6 Members for the Revised Edition of the Magic Librarities Holiday Gift Exchange ?
One reason that the list of participants is so small may be because of where the announcement was placed. The Website General forum is not one that I visit on a regular basis.

I had been wondering why there wasn't going to be an exchange this year as I enjoyed last year's very much. Now that I know there is one, I want in. I've sent my info to Moonsprite.

Would it have been better placed in News?

yawg07
Legendary Chairman of Altered Art

Post by yawg07 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:19 am

I'm in! PM SENT :D

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:17 am

notsofasteddie wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Hi Members.
One reason that the list of participants is so small may be because of where the announcement was placed. The Website General forum is not one that I visit on a regular basis.

I had been wondering why there wasn't going to be an exchange this year as I enjoyed last year's very much. Now that I know there is one, I want in. I've sent my info to Moonsprite.

Would it have been better placed in News?
Hi.
Since it's creation,it has always been placed in the Website General section :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

goobafish
Librarities Hero

Post by goobafish » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:07 am

I am in again, last time was fun.

MoonSprite

Post by MoonSprite » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:00 am

Only 14 members so far! :-(
Come on, show and share some holiday cheer!!!

Time's a' ticking away.
Sign-ups end this Saturday 6pm (Pacific time).

Don't miss your chance to join in the fun!!!! :dance:

Jeppe
Librarities Legend

Post by Jeppe » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:18 pm

I'm in :-D PM sent.
My cat collection and my Scathe Zombies collection
Do you have cards that I'm looking for? Let me know!