I need your help Members

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

I need your help Members

Post by dragsamou » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:54 am

Hi All
Truth is that now, I'm covered with debts, after my return at home, as all my money went to hospital, surgeons, medecine, etc....I'm totally suffocating.
I need to find solutions very fast as the bank and the company owning my appartment are after me. So regarding the website, I need financial support now. Any money, can be sent to my Paypal adress: dragsamou@noos.fr
Thanks for your understanding and help.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:09 am

Happy to give a bit back to the community!

I have no idea what it would cost to run a website like this though, what are the monthly running costs?

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:14 am

Yes, please. Tell us how much does the site needs to keep working for each year so that we know if 1, 10 or 100$ are needed from each of us.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:41 pm

IMO, there is domain name renewal, once a year, which is around 20-30 Euros, and the hosting, which should be in the 150-200 Euros range, depending on the ISP.

That is the maximum I think.

effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector

Post by effai » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:37 pm

done :wink:

bon courage !
Mahamoti djinn & Terror global sets => I need your help !
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7846&p=69149#p69149
Other Global sets wantlist : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9454&p=84467#p84467

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:27 pm

CHaPuZaS wrote:Yes, please. Tell us how much does the site needs to keep working for each year so that we know if 1, 10 or 100$ are needed from each of us.
To answer the question, between Domain name renewal (X3) and the hosting, it's around 300 Euros.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Giediprime41
Librarities Legend

Post by Giediprime41 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:56 pm

I need this site, it's been here for so long i don't see life without it.
It's a guilty pleasure... :wink:
So i'm in...
Darren
I have enough cards to stack them all up, and commit suicide off the top!

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Thanks to the members that have helped so far, I will ask my webmaster to add them, to the Thanks for donating in the Credits section. once the website will be migrated very soon. I will contact you, to know how you want that to show up. Either:
-Pseudo
-Name + Pseudo
-Anonymous
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/library-credits.html
Last edited by dragsamou on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:54 pm

I hope we're able to collectively make a difference for you.

notsofasteddie
Librarities Legend

Post by notsofasteddie » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:14 pm

Let me join the ranks of the Anonymous!

Thanks for all you have done over the years =D>

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:32 pm

You should consider the print idea the last moderator had. He was too fixated on John Avon for some reason...

You could basically create a limited edition art print "limited edition" or whatever (doesn't even have to be a print but some item) which could possibly realize a profit and support the site.

Your costs would be to commission an artist (easy to do and especially with the present economy...) and then you'd have print fees and shipping and handling fees. This isn't cheap but if you have enough buyers it will work-

The Acaeum (Dungeons and Dragons site similar to this) did it and is doing it again right now with Jeff Easley- it works. Trouble spots are having the buyers as the less you have the more said item will cost per unit- and of course you have an artist that some people will not like no matter who you hired...
The upside is you can make $$ off of the project (assuming it's supported) and you have a viable "Limited/rare" item - people who support it might buy multiples-

I dunno if you have the member #s to do this successfully and as it's fairly common for people to complain about not being able to become a "member" of the site you'd have to likely open it up a bit to more people-

I'm sure you'll get your 300 Euros but over the long term I think it would make people happier to "buy something cool to support the site". Maybe over time it will be harder to get donations. Who knows?

I dunno about the logistics of creating other items that people might prefer to have produced but art and prints I can give you hard #s on if you ever want to do something like this-

Of course you can blow me off- this is work- but it can work out and generate revenue for this site and It has worked for a similar type of site-

~K

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:43 pm

random wrote:You should consider the print idea the last moderator had. He was too fixated on John Avon for some reason...

You could basically create a limited edition art print "limited edition" or whatever (doesn't even have to be a print but some item) which could possibly realize a profit and support the site.

Your costs would be to commission an artist (easy to do and especially with the present economy...) and then you'd have print fees and shipping and handling fees. This isn't cheap but if you have enough buyers it will work-

The Acaeum (Dungeons and Dragons site similar to this) did it and is doing it again right now with Jeff Easley- it works. Trouble spots are having the buyers as the less you have the more said item will cost per unit- and of course you have an artist that some people will not like no matter who you hired...
The upside is you can make $$ off of the project (assuming it's supported) and you have a viable "Limited/rare" item - people who support it might buy multiples-

I dunno if you have the member #s to do this successfully and as it's fairly common for people to complain about not being able to become a "member" of the site you'd have to likely open it up a bit to more people-

I'm sure you'll get your 300 Euros but over the long term I think it would make people happier to "buy something cool to support the site". Maybe over time it will be harder to get donations. Who knows?

I dunno about the logistics of creating other items that people might prefer to have produced but art and prints I can give you hard #s on if you ever want to do something like this-

Of course you can blow me off- this is work- but it can work out and generate revenue for this site and It has worked for a similar type of site-

~K
Hi
In the situation, I'm right now, I have to solve huge real life problems. It was not easy for me to write this, but I'm not in any position to say everything is ok when it's not anymore. In the future, I will consider finding a source of revenue for the website, but for now, I don't expect nothing, if members want to help fine, it's not an obligation but a gracious act. Hope you understand my point and I keep your idea in mind.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

sib51
Librarities Legend

Post by sib51 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Done .

Alexis, If you need help for something else, feel free to ask me :wink:

Sebastien

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:01 pm

sib51 wrote:Done .

Alexis, If you need help for something else, feel free to ask me :wink:

Sebastien
Thanks Sebastien I certainly will if necessary.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:06 pm

Dragsamou,

I completely understand where you're coming from;) I hope you'll get your needed immediate support!

My post was meant for a possible long term solution to raise funds for the site. I was personally skeptical when the idea was raised here before (some years ago) but now having seen it work out I think it's a plausible concept to think about- without necro'ing that old thread, if it still exists, just posted here since it seems relevant. Keep it in mind and I hope you get things situated over time.