Alpha set

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:00 pm

In my humble opinion, we all like to be told new stories about MTG (just see the thread about the 7th Test Print cards). And writing articles would be great or the ones of us who did not read all the past posts on the forums (I am reading the Archives and learning a lot).

We'll be the first MTG Academy. We are a lot different here on this forum. Because most of us collect. We don't talk much about the power of the new goblins in Lorwyn...

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:16 am

ende73 wrote:
I could, for instance, write an article about local frenzies in Rome, such as the episode of all-rare English Mirage starters being opened or the great Fork shortage when EVERYBODY wanted four and no trade involving other cards took place !
HA!

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:52 am

Well as soon as I'm done sucking yahoo dry of Lu Bu Pre-release promos, I can post a picture of a binder full of them :P

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:25 am

Well, I have to jump the gun here, & say that I am aquiring 80 more pre-alpha playtest cards. I literally just sent a check to the person who owns them. So, I'll have them rather soon. They were owned by one of our silent members. I however, am not so silent!

I just think that MTG-wise, these are an important artifact, and I am the only person who owns two decks (there are 3 total decks that are not "broken up" from back in the day). In other words, I am the only guy who can play a game with these, & only these, cards. Look for me at GenCon...

But anyhow, I should find a way to document these, tell the history & evolvment of the cards before they were ever made. A bit of it is on Wizard's website, but there is more.

And I can talk about how I played Richard Garfield & lost.