Fake Alters

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

OGB
Librarities Hero

Fake Alters

Post by OGB » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:14 am

Check out what this guy is trying to sell...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0521850937

Those typos are killer!

Super_Morphling

Post by Super_Morphling » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:52 pm

History: 5 sold

Edit: OGB, I'm always waiting for your reply, I pm'ed you some days ago about the IT masons :)

misterpid
Legendary World's Toughest Milkman

Post by misterpid » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:36 pm

The guy has sold a lot of cards like this. Mostly Type 2 mythics (Jace, Baneslayer, Gideon, Vengevine...)

He also happens to be selling foil Force of Wills.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0521861185

When I asked him where he got foil Forces to make the alterations to, he edited the listing to say they were reproductions. Then I messaged him and asked if they were real alterations or if the artist "erased" the entire card and printed new art over the blank foil card.

This was his response:
I have tried asking her the process... she will not tell. But even if that were the case(stripping it and printing over), I have to disagree. If you took a Maytag dishwasher and paint the door red.. is it still a Maytag or a fake? It is still a Maytag. Same thing would apply with the cards. I am giving her the real cards... she alters them appropriately and gives them back. I cannot call it a proxy if that is what she is doing because I know that the cards I gave her were real.

Even if what he is saying is true, they are erasing the card name and reprinting it, which would make the card illegal for tournament play. Also if this is what he's doing, he's taking cards he could sell for $60-75, paying for them to be altered, then selling them for less than half of what the unaltered versions would sell for. Basically, he admitted to me that he's counterfeiting cards and trying to pass them off as real.
Always looking for:
Legends Presence of the Master (English or Italian)
Dark Sorrow's Path (English or Italian)
Non-English Contract From Below.

EddieO
Librarities Hero

Post by EddieO » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:54 am

Ask him if he takes a $1 bill, washes and prints it as a $20 bill......because thats exactly what he is doing. His maytag thing is stupid.....on the flip side of it, what if he was selling a camaro....if he repainted it and put yenko emblems on it and tried to pass it off as real yenko? is that legit...

Dude is an idiot and I hope he dies in a fire.

Later EddieO

Super_Morphling

Post by Super_Morphling » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:15 pm

EddieO wrote:I hope he dies in a fire.
LOL