Harry Potter backed MTG precon listed

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:18 am

pp wrote:MKM prices? The Harry potter have never been sold in singles!?
Please read the explanation again.

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:56 am

magic-belgium wrote:
You are comparing things that cannot be compared.
Like a revised booster <-> a summer booster. A revised basic land costs 0.01 and a summer on 200+. Factor 20.000. So if a revised booster costs 40, then a summer must cost 800.000 :-p

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:02 am

Nope, that's not what I said.

The value would be calculated based on the final price on Ebay of the HP deck. As for your example of Summer, you do not take the value of a whole set into account.

But I'm not starting to argue about this, if I win the auction, I'll put the cards up for auction.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:51 pm

pp wrote:
magic-belgium wrote:
You are comparing things that cannot be compared.
Like a revised booster <-> a summer booster. A revised basic land costs 0.01 and a summer on 200+. Factor 20.000. So if a revised booster costs 40, then a summer must cost 800.000 :-p
Well, we do know that a summer booster has sold twice above $8,000, so if a revised booster costs $40, then that is a factor of 200, which is twice the factor he's using for pricing the cards.

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:08 pm

I think you also misunderstood the post - the number 100 was just an example.

The other deck, which is likely in the wild although perhaps unopened, is green/black, right? When the second deck appeared a couple years ago I think we all assume the other half of a single misprinted sheet had been found, but that isn't necessarily the case now. Is the uncut you have two copies of the same deck, or two different decks? Either way there should be another green/black one out there.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:35 pm

That's a question I was asking myself. If the other deck was the same.

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:45 pm

It may not be the same for different sets, as some had four different precons and some had five. I would expect those with five to be sheets with two copies of the same deck, while those with four could be either way.

In this case we now know of two copies of Goblin Mob and one Max Attax, so whether the other half of the Max Attax sheet was one of the Goblin Mob decks or another Max Attax, there should be another deck out there.

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:47 pm

magic-belgium wrote:But I'm not starting to argue about this, if I win the auction, I'll put the cards up for auction.
I hope this does not price out the members here who wanted a card. The possibility of big retailers or resellers with deep pockets jumping all over them seems high to me. I would be happy paying what you were asking for the crappy common from the deck I was looking for. Jason

effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector

Post by effai » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Blood wrote:
magic-belgium wrote:But I'm not starting to argue about this, if I win the auction, I'll put the cards up for auction.
I hope this does not price out the members here who wanted a card. The possibility of big retailers or resellers with deep pockets jumping all over them seems high to me. I would be happy paying what you were asking for the crappy common from the deck I was looking for. Jason
Me too :)
Mahamoti djinn & Terror global sets => I need your help !
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7846&p=69149#p69149
Other Global sets wantlist : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9454&p=84467#p84467

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:26 pm

I must admit that I was quite surprised to be accused of "not calculating" fairly the value of the cards, when my intentions were good.

But that's true, the greed of websites like Star City Games is huge, and I did not even think they would do such a thing. Thanks for reminding me they exist...

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:28 pm

magic-belgium wrote:I must admit that I was quite surprised to be accused of "not calculating" fairly the value of the cards, when my intentions were good.

But that's true, the greed of websites like Star City Games is huge, and I did not even think they would do such a thing. Thanks for reminding me they exist...
Yea, I am not sure where people were getting that you weren't calculating fairly. If you do decide to sell any here I am very interested in getting a Skirk Commando. Jason

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:37 pm

I do hope that Ben Bleiweiss read what I wrote and that they will leave this auction alone.

At the moment for instance, they have an account on MKM to buy German foils so as to resell them with outrageous profits on their website. This is disgraceful.

So, if I have the opportunity to win this auction, we'll talk about the value of cards. The only problem would be if several people want to get the same card.

effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector

Post by effai » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:41 pm

and I am very interested in getting a shitty common (or a land, let's dream :) )
Mahamoti djinn & Terror global sets => I need your help !
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7846&p=69149#p69149
Other Global sets wantlist : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9454&p=84467#p84467

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:33 pm

I didn't mean to suggest that you were being unfair to anyone here. I just thought you were selling yourself short (I think a basic land is worth more than your model would have you sell it for). I apologize if I was unclear, but no part of that was intended to be a complaint.

caquaa
Librarities Legend

Post by caquaa » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:53 pm

magic-belgium wrote:So, if I have the opportunity to win this auction, we'll talk about the value of cards. The only problem would be if several people want to get the same card.
no island, boring ;p