Test Print Booster

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Neuron
Legendary Print Variant Explorer

Test Print Booster

Post by Neuron » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:11 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Re: Test Print Booster

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:15 am

Thanks for posting that

Same guy who also sells the other booster misprints.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161984454364

Without knowing the background of this booster I wouldn't be happy to spend much on it, why is it only in one colour, why is it reversed, why is it on the different material etc. If this was a demonstration booster what was it mean to be demonstrating?

The seller has listed multiples of 'unique' and "one of a kind" boosters in the past and either has access to the production run and comes across these in their daily business or has access to the production run and is able to make these on demand.

Interesting though

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Test Print Booster. FIXED

Post by dragsamou » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:22 am

Hi

This is indeed an very interesting Test Print Booster, adding and saving pics on that topic:

Apocalypse Misprint and Miscut boosters Sealed

Fifth Dawn/ Unhinged Testprint booster Sealed
Printed on the 'paper bag' booster material the 'Unhinged' boosters where printed on, this is of a Reversed image black ink only of a 'Fifth Dawn' booster. I have no idea what cards are inside.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:35 am

A bit more discussion on the Apocalypse booster in this thread... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9665

I have two of them, passed up on several more and there is another on eBay now. Really intrigued by it!

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:43 am

Interesting that the little QR Code thingy on the back is printed the right way around, may have been printed separately.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:10 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:A bit more discussion on the Apocalypse booster in this thread... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9665

I have two of them, passed up on several more and there is another on eBay now. Really intrigued by it!
While I have a little collection of Misprint boosters, I don't own this one, but looks like that a bunch of them exist.
GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:Interesting that the little QR Code thingy on the back is printed the right way around, may have been printed separately.
Fifth Dawn was done in June 2004, Unhinged was released in December 2004. That might be indeed a Test Print for the specific paper used with Unhinged, why they did reversed it is a mystery. Yes, the code was probably added later.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:22 am

This reverse pack would make a great booster opening Video !

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:54 am

mmgun wrote:This reverse pack would make a great booster opening Video !
Especially to open crappy Fifth Dawn cards héhé
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Neuron
Legendary Print Variant Explorer

Post by Neuron » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:17 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:Thanks for posting that

Same guy who also sells the other booster misprints.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161984454364

Without knowing the background of this booster I wouldn't be happy to spend much on it, why is it only in one colour, why is it reversed, why is it on the different material etc. If this was a demonstration booster what was it mean to be demonstrating?

The seller has listed multiples of 'unique' and "one of a kind" boosters in the past and either has access to the production run and comes across these in their daily business or has access to the production run and is able to make these on demand.
Yes, these are the crucial questions. In such cases, only Wizards employees can help, or open one and check for counterfeit cards. À propos, I wonder if this booster is real or not:

http://erl00.chez.com/PacksImages/8th-JP-b.jpg

It has the same horizontal sealing marks like the English 8th Edition counterfeit boosters, if I'm not mistaken.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:12 am

Neuron wrote: Yes, these are the crucial questions.
As well as...

Where has it been all these years?

Where have the multiple Apocalypse misprint boosters been hiding? The back of a wardrobe? Part of a collection being sold off individually in order not to flood the market and dilute prices? Are they being made to order or are they genuine misprints? If they are being made to order, who has access to the original images and a booster making factory? If they are genuine why on earth were they made, why were they discontinued?

I guess this is all part of what makes booster collecting fun. However I don't know the seller personally and while I am not calling into question their honesty, I am not about to risk $250 on a booster that they may have just made in the factory they work at.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:08 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:
Neuron wrote: Yes, these are the crucial questions.
As well as...

Where has it been all these years?

Where have the multiple Apocalypse misprint boosters been hiding? The back of a wardrobe? Part of a collection being sold off individually in order not to flood the market and dilute prices? Are they being made to order or are they genuine misprints? If they are being made to order, who has access to the original images and a booster making factory? If they are genuine why on earth were they made, why were they discontinued?

I guess this is all part of what makes booster collecting fun. However I don't know the seller personally and while I am not calling into question their honesty, I am not about to risk $250 on a booster that they may have just made in the factory they work at.
Hi Mark

The first thing to do with this kind of item is to contact the seller to ask precised questions even if furthers answers might not be available. According to a lot of items that he has sold in the past, there's serious WOTC employees connections involved. A lot of MTG Misprints, Test Prints, etc..are only coming out now for one specific reason: $$$$ (Over a year ago the Misprint Apocalypse booster was sold 29.95$)
Back in the years, we were so few looking for those and you could get them for quite cheap as they were considerated like garbage by most of the owners or sellers now with the hype on MTG, full internet era, they popped up like gremlins héhé
The point for me towards the items offered is really not about the authenticity but the price and the fact that I'm not a Misprint Booster collector...
Neuron wrote: À propos, I wonder if this booster is real or not:

http://erl00.chez.com/PacksImages/8th-JP-b.jpg

It has the same horizontal sealing marks like the English 8th Edition counterfeit boosters, if I'm not mistaken.
Hi Ron

You should contact Eric, is one of the oldest Member, that I do remember, Japanese boosters were provided by Member Macone (From Japan) back in the years. If you have a look at Japanese Boosters from his collection, starting with Scourge Japanese were sealed horizontally. In between, I have looked at the Fake Booster 8Th Edition English that I own, doesn't look the same and to my knowledge Only English Boosters and cards Fake 8Th Edition were available back then.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.