Anyone Ambitious?

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dry_cereal

Anyone Ambitious?

Post by dry_cereal » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:35 pm

Who wants to publish a book on rarities and such?  it could have a priceguide section too.  Would be a VERY cool project.  I'd do it, but I'm far too lazy and this is something I'd like to see done.

Celebrindor

Re: Anyone Ambitious?

Post by Celebrindor » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:32 pm

A priceguide section?  Wouldn't this need to be more of a 'magazine' than a 'book'?

Gryfalia

Post by Gryfalia » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:42 am

While publishing a book would be cool and all, what would it accomplish?

Any pricing information would be dated, and for pictures, you can get far more on the web than in paper form.

If you are after accurate pricing info, perhaps a column in something like Scrye, InQuest or the new Beckett Magic would be a good plan 'The Collector's Corner' or somesuch..

Gryfalia

pickle.69

Post by pickle.69 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:48 am

Didn`t Starcitygames not have "Bens Corner" allready? I thought you went and played there Dry, nice to have you back :)
I also think that the info is somehow allways outdated(regarding price especialy) on something like that.

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:13 am

gryfalia wrote:While publishing a book would be cool and all, what would it accomplish?

Any pricing information would be dated, and for pictures, you can get far more on the web than in paper form.

If you are after accurate pricing info, perhaps a column in something like Scrye, InQuest or the new Beckett Magic would be a good plan 'The Collector's Corner' or somesuch..

Gryfalia
Speaking of the Beckett magazine, do you have one by any chance?

Cardhaus

Post by Cardhaus » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:28 am

Street date for the new Beckett Magic magazine was mid June, the 19th if I remember right.

squt

Post by squt » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:28 pm

It'd be a massive copyright infringement to publish any photos of mana symbols or artwork or cards...it wouldn't be a good idea.

This web site is a great idea though!

Squt

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:25 pm

Obviously to do a project like this would require some good lawyering, but I think a Rarities book would fall safely within fair use, just like any other publication in the collectables industry. Woudlnt hurt to ask though.