Your Hard Work

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

AzureWinter

Your Hard Work

Post by AzureWinter » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:06 pm

So what was your hardest accomplishment (or still tring) in the MTG world?

Mine is (still tring) collecting alot of Birds of Paradise
Current Count : 59 (life goal is 1000)

Mr.C

Re: Your Hard Work

Post by Mr.C » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:34 am

Finish my Portuguese 4th BB set. It's harder then Beta, trust me...

Dilligaf

Post by Dilligaf » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:55 am

i recently started trying to collect 1 of each version of Brom's art on MtG cards.. his base count is 67, 10 languages (670) 1 Vanguard, 2 8th ed Box toppers and god only knows how many Champ decks cards + foils.

i figure the final count is probably around 700 different cards.

im up to around 40 (only been doing it for about a month)
Also his AP's are incredibly hard to find as he only parts with them at signings.

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:13 am

My miscut Ice Age set, still in progress... I have over 1/3 of the set now. It is a unique & unusual task to try at. If anyone has any that show another card, or white on it, drop me a line.

flatmatt

Post by flatmatt » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:07 am

Organizing my commons.  [smiley=laugh.gif]

Nah, I haven't really done anything particularly difficult.  The Bear collection is kind of difficult I suppose, but I don't have many of the "hard" ones yet.

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:17 am

A set of summer magic (As i said in the IRC chat: "if it takes me 10 years and $200,000 [and it probably will, on both counts] I WILL finish it!")

Non-English Foil Basic Lands, spindown dice, Hobby Japan Lifecounters, and Ultra-Pro puzzle pieces have all been hard for me to find, but are coming along nicely.

Gryfalia

Post by Gryfalia » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:33 am

Not killing an endless stream of Magic players at tourneys who most desperately deserved it..

Gryfalia

MagicRumorMill

Post by MagicRumorMill » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:00 am

I would have to say my hardest is what I am planning right now.  

I am about to launch a large undertaking.  First, what led me to the idea.

Stores across the twin cities and the nation have been contacted, by a tournament organizer in Illinois, for the purpose of holding several hundred Qualifying events for the privilege of playing in a large event in Chicago.  It is their intent to be an alternative to the Pro Tour.  Oh, and by the way, your invitation IS transferable.  You can sell it.  Haha.

Therefore, I did some brain-storming with some of the stores I supply cards to.  We came up with the “Minnesota Invitational Qualifierâ€￾.  Qualifier tournaments would be held only at stores in my network, and either the top 4 or 8 will qualify to play at the “Minnesota Invitationalâ€￾ to be held either at a store or another location (i.e. Knights of Columbus).  A website is already getting made with a calendar of events.  

There will be lots of advertising, and a trophy for first place.

The planning for this event is greater than I thought, but it should be tremendious.

Wish me luck.  Oh, and if anyone wants to attend, I will send info for dates and times.  There will also be a last minute grinder to get in, so if you are coming from miles away you can grind in and play in the invitational same day. 8)

dry_cereal

Post by dry_cereal » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:18 am

I'm going for a crimped set of mirrodin

johnstown713

Post by johnstown713 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:07 am

Finished Accomplishments:
BB Power 9 set(Still have to change the Sapphire from Alpha to Beta)

Ongoing Projects
Playset of Beta Duals
Current count 6/40(3 Tundra, 1 Underground Sea, 1 Volcanic Island, 1 Scrubland)

And of course the Alpha Mons's Goblin Raiders is a never ending project.

Dilligaf

Post by Dilligaf » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:27 am

johnstown713 wrote:Finished Accomplishments:
BB Power 9 set(Still have to change the Sapphire from Alpha to Beta)

Ongoing Projects
Playset of Beta Duals
Current count 6/40(3 Tundra, 1 Underground Sea, 1 Volcanic Island, 1 Scrubland)

And of course the Alpha Mons's Goblin Raiders is a never ending project.
i have a VERY sexy Taiga.. im looking for FBB Duals, i would consider trading it for several if you have any.. (a replacement FBB Taiga would be nice too :P)

rick21n

Post by rick21n » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:12 pm

My Hard work, as many of you know, is Ornithopters.  I currently have almost 1500 of them.  The only english one I am missing is Summer.  I haven't put much effort forth to collect the foreign ones, though I do have about 30 of them.

My initial goal was 100, then it became a 1000, logically it would now be 10000 but that could take a while.

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:48 pm

Hi Members.
I have 3 Main Projects since years.Real Hard work  :P
1-My Magic Rarities Project.To get All the Magic Rarities on the Website except some of them(Summer,Alternate 4Th Edition,and very few others).
2-My Artist Proof Project.To get All the Beta Artist Proofs,
and one Artist Proof minimum per Artist of these extensions:
Portal.
Portal Second Age.
Starter 1999.
Beatdown.
Unglued.
The Famous cards of Antiquities and Legends.
3-My Portal and Portal Second Age Project to get All the
14 Sets in NM/Mint and All the MTG Products who goes with it(Boosters,Starters,Demo Games,Support Cards,etc..)
A lot of Thanks to All The Members that helped me out and are still doing so. :)

Perruche87

Post by Perruche87 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:00 am

as azure winter i collect birds of paradise
i also  try to finish my arabian nights set
i collect rk posts cards too(finish except that i have no artist proof from him!)
and my BIG thing is to make my "wagic" consisting of big deck with one of each good cards of mtg in their first print edition
and some tokens too... :-[

Stefke aka magic dsb

Post by Stefke aka magic dsb » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:07 pm

I collect Lands. My goal is to get a version of all Basic and Non-Basic English Land in my binder.

These include:
all Basic Land non-Foil + Foil.
all non-Basic Land from Alpha untill now.
all Promo/arena/FNM Lands.
all Lands from special series like Anthologies, Beatdown, Battle Royale etc.
all Apac/euro/guru Lands.
all Lands from World Champion Decks.

So far they exclude:
Summer Lands
Alternate 4th Lands
Alpha+Beta Duals

I'm missing some 90 basic Lands non-foil ( have all foil versions ) because I only decided to also start collecting the non-foil versions next to the foils about a week ago. I also still need 30 out of 142 Foil Non-Basic Land, 28 non-Foil non-basic Land, 12 Arena League Lands, 4 Guru Lands and a lot of Lands from World Champion Lands.

There are currently some 1200 to 1300 different Lands in my binder :)

Collecting Lands is a never ending project for me. I keep discovering new Lands that I hadn't heard of when I started collecting ( mainly because of this site. Thanks Magiclibrary!!).