Drakaina's new blog + new illustration

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Ralph Herold

Re: Drakaina's new blog + new illustration

Post by Ralph Herold » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:41 am

normalbrains: I ask you to reconsider. Creating one thread (the others were started by other people), posting a link to another website as a response to a momentary public interest (the whole affair was not initiated by Drakaina but by other people talking excitedly about this new member), and simply replying to comments of others can hardly be called spamming. As for the nudity, given the circumstances, you are warned before clicking on the link. Aside from this, nudity of this level is not uncommon in most societies and rarely considered offending - especially by somebody who calls himself "dildo extraordinaire" - in contrast to nasty remarks of a dog's digestion system in front of its owner.

Mr.C

Post by Mr.C » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:32 am

normalbrains wrote:mildly crude humor is inappropriate, but constantly spamming your own nude pics is perfectly acceptable.

double standard?
Uh, dude, i know you're a right-wing conservative kind of guy, but, don't forget most people here are open minded/european, so 'nude pics' is what you see in Hustler, not 'art'. There is a line defining which is which.

MagicRumorMill

Post by MagicRumorMill » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:43 am

This looks just like the kind of thread I would love to get into and put in my thoughts.  However, I will try to contain myself.

Perhaps it has been too long since there has been a good old fashioned brawl here (since I cooled my jets ;)    ) that someone just had to get us all fired up again on another moral issue.

I am just glad it was not me this time.  lol

Have fun.

TerraFrost

Post by TerraFrost » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:44 am

for what it's worth, i didn't think normalbrains comments were all that offensive.  indeed, i thought they were rather akin to someone saying that Drakaina has bigger breasts than they do.  it, like normalbrains comment, is off the wall, but, imho, hardly offensive.

of course, i suppose the real question that needs to be answered isn't whether i was offended but rather whether or not a majority of people were offended.  or perhapes a few key players in this thread, or something.

also...
Uh, dude, i know you're a right-wing conservative kind of guy, but, don't forget most people here are open minded/european, so 'nude pics' is what you see in Hustler, not 'art'. There is a line defining which is which.
i don't believe normalbrains intended to say that nudity is as offensive as you (and Ralph, et al.) seem to think normalbrain's comments were, but rather to say that the buthole comment is as inoffensive as nudity.  whether or not you agree with this is another matter entirely, but sufficide to say, i do believe your comments (and a good portion of Ralphs) miss the point normalbrains was trying to make.

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:33 pm

terrafrost wrote:i don't believe normalbrains intended to say that nudity is as offensive as you (and Ralph, et al.) seem to think normalbrain's comments were, but rather to say that the buthole comment is as inoffensive as nudity.  whether or not you agree with this is another matter entirely, but sufficide to say, i do believe your comments (and a good portion of Ralphs) miss the point normalbrains was trying to make.
Personally, I do not think there was anything offensive per se, in this whole thread.  It is more of the fact that the comment was foolish and childish and quite immature to be made.  Of course, the comment following that was even more childish and immature to the extreme - which, shows the level of maturity of that individual.

Also, I am still looking forward to seeing what all these tokens are going to look like, as well as getting a personally autographed token card from Drakaina  [smiley=ok.gif]

If people want to talk/comment about nudity, perhaps it might be an idea to start a new thread here in this section, and read what peoples different opinions are on that subject, and also why they are opinionated in that way.

MagicRumorMill

Post by MagicRumorMill » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:46 pm

silver.paladin wrote:
Personally, I do not think there was anything offensive per se, in this whole thread.  It is more of the fact that the comment was foolish and childish and quite immature to be made.  Of course, the comment following that was even more childish and immature to the extreme - which, shows the level of maturity of that individual.

Also, I am still looking forward to seeing what all these tokens are going to look like, as well as getting a personally autographed token card from Drakaina  [smiley=ok.gif]

If people want to talk/comment about nudity, perhaps it might be an idea to start a new thread here in this section, and read what peoples different opinions are on that subject, and also why they are opinionated in that way.
Is that a "can of wurns" you are willing to open?

(with conservatives around?)   ;D

Jess

Post by Jess » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:41 pm

normalbrains wrote:mildly crude humor is inappropriate, but constantly spamming your own nude pics is perfectly acceptable.
Who wants to open a new thread?

Mr.C

Post by Mr.C » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:13 pm

jess wrote: Who wants to open a new thread?
I'm all for it, but my psychic powers tell me it will get derailed quickly. I think we should ignore it, and move on. That's my vote.

ende73

Post by ende73 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:54 pm

Since I'm already rather unpopular for other reasons (I dared post in another Topic that I hadn't appreciated certain attitudes of a long-time member and top poster), I guess I won't make my posiiton worse by saying that I am absolutely on normalbrains' side this time.

I believe he had and has the right to post such a comment in this Off-Topic forum, and that I found that comment certainly crude but far less offensive than others elsewhere.

I posted on several occasions that I admire Ralph for the wonderful job he's doing in maintaining this site and for the wisdom he usually shows, but his censorship on this occasion was inappropraite, given that on other instances when his intervention was explicitly called for silence followed.

Obviously (and I want to make this crystal clear) this is no criticism to Ralph in general, since moderating this community alone while maintaining the site updated is an objectively impossible task. That's why I'm eager to see the new moderator stepping in.

I just felt I should express my opinion along with other members here, since it seems slightly off the mainstream.

Ralph Herold

Post by Ralph Herold » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:43 pm

My intention to post was threefold:

1. I wanted to express that Drakaina has not broken any code of conduct. I have explained why and I still hold to my statement.

2. I wanted to express that even if Drakaina was spamming, I consider this less harmful than normalbrains' comment. I do not consider normalbrains' statement offensive myself (this is why I called it "rude and completely pointless"), from Drakaina's point of view, it has the potential of being offensive. While I consider myself lenient and highly encourage free speech, being impolite at least has to serve a purpose. I can see none here. Even if I imply a humorous attempt, I think it was aimed towards the wrong person and under the wrong circumstances.

3. I wanted to address normalbrains' accusation I would apply a different measure in this matter. Highly appreciating the value of consistency, I took this statement seriously and did not want to leave it uncommented.

Having said all this, I wish to note that the gravity of this matter as a whole is completely out of proportion in no relation to the words I alone have already spent about it - I just felt compelled to straighten my thoughts and make my motives transparent. If you wish to continue discussing, you are welcome to do so. Just be civil, as always.

Drakaina

Post by Drakaina » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:45 pm

double standard?
:o
I am sorry  but  when I first came to this forum it was to talk about the new Metagame's token i was featured on...
Afterwards some people from the forum shown interest to my work and this is why this thread was created...Plus I was introducing new illustrations(I even labelled them PG 12 if I recall correctly...) and not nude pics.. Therefore I wasn't spamming >:(
I don't even understand why this thread went so out of topic..it is childish and ridiculous...
Now I am sorry if you felt it was spam but it's not and if you don't appreciate me posting here just tell me but do not call me  a spammer as i really do not appreciate it.
For the one of you  interested in the MEtagame's token, I asked Metagame's  today and they said than so far there are 2 token available and that they will be on sale soon. Once again I am not a part of Metagame's so I can only tell you what they want to tell me ;)
Bye
Drakaina

TerraFrost

Post by TerraFrost » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:06 am

for what it's worth, i don't think you were spamming, either, Drakaina, nor do i believe most people think that.  if they did, they'd be after you like they were after MagicRumorMill, but they aren't.

on that note, i think the only true spammer we have had thus far has been RussoEnt.  i mean, when you recieve spam in your inbox, do you expect to be able to hold long discussions with them?  do you expect the people who send you spam in your mail box to care about what you think of them?  RussoEnt seems, to me, to fit in every one of these categories.  MagicRumorMill, Drakaina, et al, don't.

also, it might be a good idea to open up a forum for people to discuss the virtue of staff (ie. admin or mod) intervention so threads where it might be disputed stay on topic as do the discussions over the virtue of the action taken.  perhapes the website general forum could serve in this capacity?

ende73

Post by ende73 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:29 am

terrafrost wrote: also, it might be a good idea to open up a forum for people to discuss the virtue of staff (ie. admin or mod) intervention so threads where it might be disputed stay on topic as do the discussions over the virtue of the action taken.  perhapes the website general forum could serve in this capacity?
I did have a terrible day at work and am quite tired, but I've been reading this sentence 15 times now and it looks like a tonguetwister  :P  [smiley=cheeky.gif]

I am sure the underlying concept is interesting, could you explain it further ?

EDIT: maybe sylvanstu can help me, that phrase could have been written by him punctuation-wise  ;D  ;)

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:41 am

ende73 wrote:
I did have a terrible day at work and am quite tired, but I've been reading this sentence 15 times now and it looks like a tonguetwister  :P  [smiley=cheeky.gif]

I am sure the underlying concept is interesting, could you explain it further ?

EDIT: maybe sylvanstu can help me, that phrase could have been written by him punctuation-wise  ;D  ;)
I am willing to wager that this is just an Italian problem  ;D

As to Metagames, lets get the lead out so we can (a) see what these other tokens are like, and if they are as good quality as Drakaina's and (b) I want to get Drakaina's token.  Its Red, so I want it!!  And I want to see what special touch she will do with it!   [smiley=blushing.gif]

secretgiant

Post by secretgiant » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:13 pm

Just so everyone knows, I have also been reading this thread.