what do you collect

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Treesock

Re: what do you collect

Post by Treesock » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:48 am

I'll take that advice.

It seems like it gets competitive when it comes to collecting from the threads I read. ^^

dry_cereal

Post by dry_cereal » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:29 am

You should collect crimps.  Never too many crimp collectors.

pickle.69

Post by pickle.69 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:16 pm

dry_cereal wrote:You should collect crimps.  Never too many crimp collectors.
but you then could not devide the market in two. and only remember the price raise of 33%. ;)

Lasbrook

Post by Lasbrook » Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:03 am

Right now I'm collecting playsets of standard Kev Walker foils, along with his other promos and rarities. I'll tell you know, those DCI Balance are going to hurt, and it'll be a miracle before I can ever get a test print City of Traitors.  Eventually i'll move on to playsets his older non-foil cards but i figured i'd start here.  The reasoning behind the playsets is so that I can eventually build myself a Kev Walker deck.

If I ever get that project finished I plan to start collecting Martina Pilcerova cards. Other than that I dont collect much.

notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:05 am

I'm busy collecting signed cards. My target is any signed card up through the Urza cycle. Right now I am closing in on 2,000 cards.

Collecting signed cards has a major bonus, you get to know the artists. I have to say that there are a lot of very nice people who have created art for the various MTG core sets and expansions.

Lasbrook

Post by Lasbrook » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:17 am

Wouldn't happen to know of a way to contact Mr. Walker outside of a convention or prerelease for card signing would you?

aleksandr

Post by aleksandr » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:30 pm

I collect a number of things....lets see:

Most promo cards--things like prerelease, arena, FNM, player rewards, etc.

Oversized cards--vanguard, 8th ed box toppers, 6x9's.

Tokens--but only the 'official' ones.  I don't really care for any of the third party tokens out there.  (Side note: I have a ton of sealed packs of the "Double-Sided Tokens Series 2", if anyone is interested)

Magic 'boxed' sets, like Anthologies, Beatdown, Portal Gift Sets, etc.

My 'pet' card is the Vizzedrix, even though there aren't very many versions out there.

Complete Sets--currently working on Chronicles (almost done!), Homelands (yes, Homelands!), Alliances, Fallen Empires, Fifth Dawn.

I would like to get into collecting the various 'Support Cards' listed on this site, as well as some of the official WOTC Life Counters.

Favorite Artist--Mark Tedin.

Regards,
Aleks

dry_cereal

Post by dry_cereal » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:08 pm

If timetwister drops to 100 I'm starting a new collection

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:21 am

dry_cereal wrote:If timetwister drops to 100 I'm starting a new collection
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW
Your Time is only $31 here!   ;)

Jabberwocky

Post by Jabberwocky » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:15 pm

lasbrook wrote:Wouldn't happen to know of a way to contact Mr. Walker outside of a convention or prerelease for card signing would you?
Ask Analog.
He would know.

Porkinho

Post by Porkinho » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:55 pm

Well I'm trying to collect:

- Jun minagishi token collection ... got 14 so far ... but started 2 months ago or so! (just lov'em, dragsamou extra booster would make me fly!!)

- apac (missing 4 lands from red set) , euro (complete), and guru (only have plains and mountain)

- Misprinted cursed scrolls (got 3)

- Birds of paradise (got many many, but love specially asian with poole art, and foil make me happy too, and asian foil ... got 2 ... and lov'em)

- Asian hot cards! (like morphling, rishadan ports, cranials... etc etc etc you get the picture)

- Also like my drains, ali from cairo's, and trying to get juzam, recall, bazaar and loa  ;)

and I cant recall anything else ...

Regards people!

misterpid

Post by misterpid » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:01 am

Now I'm also collecting foreign (non-English) Contract From Below.

robertweinzetl

Post by robertweinzetl » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:37 pm

Well I collect deserts.  Have a nice binder of them (about 800 at tme moment)

I also collect artist proofs(about 2300) and original card pencil sketches (8 as these can get expensive fast).

Robert.

AXIOS

Post by AXIOS » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:57 am

robertweinzetl wrote:Well I collect deserts.  Have a nice binder of them (about 800 at tme moment)

I also collect artist proofs(about 2300) and original card pencil sketches (8 as these can get expensive fast).

Robert.
got any bog wraiths or fungusaurs artist proofs?

tetsuo42

Post by tetsuo42 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:53 am

Hi folks - first post here

Just like notsofasteddie, I too collect autographs.  I don't have nearly as many as him (only 149), but it's still a nice collection.

All of my cards were signed from the regulars at the San Diego Comic-Con (Rob Alexander, Rebecca Guay, Terese Nielsen, rk post).  Actually, the only card I bought signed was Khabal Ghoul.

I also like to collect Twiddles, although my "collection" is rather small (5x Alpha, 1x Beta, and several 7th).

cheers

edit:  I think i'm goning to try to complete the Weatherlight set.  Why not?