what do you collect

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

DKramer

Re: what do you collect

Post by DKramer » Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:50 am

FOILIES!

Ya, I'm a major foil collector/nut.

I am currently working on collecting one of every foil ever printed and, well one of each as the come out of course.  I'm not doing basic lands at the moment, but I'm sure I'll add them in to the equation sooner or later.  I have a full Foil Odysset and Torment Set, a soon to be complete Foil MTGO Onslaught set that I'll redeem, and a near-complese physical Legions Foil set.

For more info about this quest of mine, you can check out...  THE FOIL PROJECT OFFICIAL WEBSITE:
http://www.angelfire.com/games5/dkramer ... oject.html

Donations always appreciated (the list of what I have is on that website, and I'll always trade for foils!

dry_cereal

Post by dry_cereal » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:39 pm

It would be easier to help you if your list was more organized.  The way it is now is too overwhelming for me to look at.  Try different sets on different pages, and using multiple columns.  Maybe have some links to what the card looks like.  I donno, just hard for me to read.

It would be much easier to help you if you listed the ones you DONT have.  Any chance of that happening?

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:06 pm

dkramer wrote:FOILIES!

I am currently working on collecting one of every foil ever printed and, well one of each as the come out of course.  I'm not doing basic lands at the moment, but I'm sure I'll add them in to the equation sooner or later.  I have a full Foil Odysset and Torment Set, a soon to be complete Foil MTGO Onslaught set that I'll redeem, and a near-complese physical Legions Foil set.

For more info about this quest of mine, you can check out...  THE FOIL PROJECT OFFICIAL WEBSITE:

Donations always appreciated (the list of what I have is on that website, and I'll always trade for foils!
I got about 150-200 extra foils here, mostly commons, but some U and Rs also, as well as lands.  I have been trying to decide what to do with them, as I do not play anymore, and I do not collect them.  I used to collect Red foils, but stopped after my purchase of Planeshift foils were lost, and by the time I knew for certain that they were gonzo, it was too late (and costly) to get back into it.
I will try to take a look at your HAVEs page, as there are about a dozen foils I need for my land sets (C/U&R), and I will let you know if we can try for a trade or not.
Thanx

AzureWinter

Post by AzureWinter » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:35 am

1st Goal of collecting : Birds of Paradise.  I want as many birds as possible
2nd Goal : Playset of each dual land in mint condition Beta (alot of money.......)

Currently :
BoPs : 39
Beta Dual Land : 0 haha

pickle.69

Post by pickle.69 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:11 pm

Hi there
I try a Global Shivan Dragon Set.
One of each type of  Misprints and Filler/ Test Print cards.
I am looking for all empty booster boxes till The Dark
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team (in the prinrun race) but do all other Vintage DDT`s too.
Alpha Shivan Dagon
Two Headed Giant of Foriys
And I try to finish my Alpha Set. Nearly finished!

Help is needed wanted and requested so feel free to do so.
Good luck with your collections
pickle.69

giediprime41

Post by giediprime41 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:15 am

I collect almost all of it: I have full sets of alpha, beta, unlim.,a.n., antiq., leg, ect. Up to mirrodin. (Most foils also.)  

Also have portal, portal sec.age., and three kingdoms.  
I also have most of the dci promos, fnm foils, judge prizes, arena, all the lands apac, euro, guru, ect.
I also have unopened boosters and starters from most sets.
(All the good ones, every thing from alpha to urzas block. All in english. I wanted to start small, then move on to other languages.)
I even have an unglued set, vanguard sets, and most of the 6X9 cards.

Now it's summer magic and perhaps other misprints, like 4th summer, mis-cut, error cards.  
Then filler cards, test prints, counters, tokens, who knows what.  Fhew!

The point is it's alot to carry around. (I dread moving, i'd need a dump truck to carry it all!)
Darren

dry_cereal

Post by dry_cereal » Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:55 am

I'd help you move  :)

I don't know about anyone else, but I get joy out of looking at other people's collections.  People don't understand me when I say their collection is exciting, or fun.  I guess its sad, but I guess magic cards float my boat.  Don't get me wrong, Magic cards don't give me wood or anything.  I just like them alot.

giediprime41

Post by giediprime41 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:00 am

dry_cereal wrote:I'd help you move  :)

I don't know about anyone else, but I get joy out of looking at other people's collections.  People don't understand me when I say their collection is exciting, or fun.  I guess its sad, but I guess magic cards float my boat.  Don't get me wrong, Magic cards don't give me wood or anything.  I just like them alot.

I also like looking at magic cards also.
When i have time, i go to a large hobby shop here in FLA. and dig into piles of old cards four feet high.
It takes all day. JOY!! :D

dry_cereal

Post by dry_cereal » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:50 am

none of that here.  Wish I had piles like that to look at.

themike314

Post by themike314 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:50 pm

dkramer wrote:FOILIES!

DKramer, I sent you a PM.  I hope I have something you can add to your Foil Project.

furiousavatar

Post by furiousavatar » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:28 pm

I am currently collecting Force of wills with a current count of 18. I'm thinking of switching it up a little. I'll keep you guys posted.

ende73

Post by ende73 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:14 am

Hello, I have complete Sets of all English releases (except for Alpha and Unlimited, since I have Beta), except for FOIL sets.

Unfortunately, my Legends set is in Italian and I'd like it to become English one day, but on the "extra side" I have 1 Italian first edition set and 1 Italian Dark set.

I also collect 4 X FOIL of all "playable" cards.

Not all my cards are NM, I'm not too keen about condition.

I also pick oddities sometimes... I have a collection consisting of about 150 Miscuts, Misprints, Filler cards, a touch of Summer, upside-down backs etc. etc.

Recently, I enjoyed picking up Magic-related items such as Full sets of "French Unofficial" Alpha + Beta and 1 set of Havic the Bothering (still 2 missing there).

I'm considering to start a set of Tranquilities, since I discovered I have about 200 including 1 Summer one... maybe a project will follow soon  ;D

EDIT: Still need to complete my English Portal 3K set, of course  :-/

animemaster

Post by animemaster » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:08 am

I collect tokens, especially tokens in anime/manga style (such as tokens illustrated by Jun Minagishi).

Treesock

Post by Treesock » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:18 am

I'm relatively new to the game, and thus haven't really found my niche yet. Right now I'm still concerned with getting as many cards as I can get my hands on to try out various deck combinations etc etc.

Don't get me wrong, I want to collect. I just have no idea what would float my boat, so to speak. :/

(If anyone has any ideas, though, I'm open.)

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:14 am

treesock wrote:I'm relatively new to the game, and thus haven't really found my niche yet. Right now I'm still concerned with getting as many cards as I can get my hands on to try out various deck combinations etc etc.

Don't get me wrong, I want to collect. I just have no idea what would float my boat, so to speak. :/

(If anyone has any ideas, though, I'm open.)
Welcome to the forums.  Look at what we are collecting, and pick whatever we *don't* ;D