what's your most expensive card?

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou

Re: what's your most expensive card?

Post by dragsamou » Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:16 pm

Hi Members.
I won't surprised anyone,my Nm+/Mint Beta Black Lotus.
I was wondering if it was a Smart thing to have it PSA
graded,but then it will not fit in my binder,like my PSA Time Walk  ::)

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:25 pm

I too have a mint Beta Lotus, but I also have a few subjective-value cards. I own a complete deck of these:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/arcana/258

In the deck is an Ancestral Recall playtest card, as well as "Starburst", a RED Time Walk that says "opponent loses their next turn". I find these to be a tad rarer than any Beta card!

GraueEminenz

Post by GraueEminenz » Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:20 pm

I'm ashamed to mention - cause it's not that expensive but worthy to me - it's my
FE Wyvern-back Hymn to Tourach  ;D

By the way: According to the other topic, it could have been my best deal: I bought above card for 22 Euro.
And I was offered a COMPLETE set of FE Wyvern-back cards for 30 Euro each.  8)
I didn't do at that time and I'm still crying when I think of it nowadays  :'(

Merry X-Mas to all !
JAN

sylvanstu

Post by sylvanstu » Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:57 am

My MINT Beta Black lotus but I have a beat up one that I won in a dual with a friend that in my heart I value more to me its Priceless. I beat his type 1 deck with an all common burn deck and put up a mint unlimited Black Lotus. He had all the power cards in that deck. I beat him with lightning bolts, kindle's and a little fireball. never should have happened but i had Karma on my side

mintcollector

Post by mintcollector » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:39 am

rick21n wrote:Probably my Mint Alpha Mox Pearl.  (sorry Mintcollector it's the wrong one for your needs)
Darn...otherwise we would be talking!

mintcollector

Post by mintcollector » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:40 am

dry_cereal wrote:summer shivan?
Wow...now that it impressive.

Gryfalia

Post by Gryfalia » Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:11 am

Well, if I can cheat I would say the Splendid Genesis that I brokered, but technically I never owned it (I suppose I could have had it on hand if I wanted, but I just had the seller send it to the buyer).

That transaction purchased my first self-bought computer, oh yes.

Currently.

Oh, I dunno, Chinese Portal Wrath of God?  I won't cheat even more and claim to own the power cards I am selling off..;-)

I probably have some rarities that are worth more to the right people, but they are worth more to me too..hehe.

Gryfalia

Erl00

Post by Erl00 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:26 am

gryfalia wrote:Well, if I can cheat I would say the Splendid Genesis that I brokered
Oh yeah, that reminds me when I owned a Summer Magic Underground Sea (Mint) for about one week :). I really owned it, I purchased it before getting the money from the final acquirer.

Currently, I don't think anything matches my Beta Lotus (NMint), unless my summer pack contains a Serendib or a Hurricane or a Biland, or a Shivan, or a BoP, etc.

:)
Eric.

Bas

Post by Bas » Thu Dec 25, 2003 11:14 pm

erl00 wrote:
Oh yeah, that reminds me when I owned a Summer Magic Underground Sea (Mint) for about one week :). I really owned it, I purchased it before getting the money from the final acquirer.

Currently, I don't think anything matches my Beta Lotus (NMint), unless my summer pack contains a Serendib or a Hurricane or a Biland, or a Shivan, or a BoP, etc.

:)
Eric.
You haven't searched it?

Midtown

Post by Midtown » Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:15 am

Er100, speaking of that pack, whats with the pen squiggle on the front?

flatmatt

Post by flatmatt » Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:28 am

If I recall, Eric said that "E" is how the company marked the pack to differentiate it from other Revised packs.

TerraFrost

Post by TerraFrost » Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:35 am

You haven't searched it?
i asked Erl00 this once, and his reply was that he had only looked at the top card in the pack.  i forget what that top card was (it wasn't anything uber amazing), but sufficide to say, that's all he had seen of it.  he didn't want to look at any of the other cards, lest he might inadvertently damage the pack.

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:57 pm

mintcollector wrote:
Wow...now that it impressive.
dry_cereal was just inquiring if one of our other members has the Summer Shivan, no one on this forum owns one!

inca911

Post by inca911 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:28 am

fvzappa wrote:
dry_cereal was just inquiring if one of our other members has the Summer Shivan, no one on this forum owns one!
FYI:  Indeed there are others on this forum who own a Summer Shivan.

Bas

Post by Bas » Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:36 am

inca911 wrote:
FYI:  Indeed there are others on this forum who own a Summer Shivan.
This was to be expected.