what's your most expensive card?

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

fvzappa

Re: what's your most expensive card?

Post by fvzappa » Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:31 pm

Forgot about you, Forrest. And Jim @t&t in my mind doesn't count, since I don't think he himself owns one... but I'll bet he knows where more than one is!

Anyhow, another member was talking about the most expensive red card in existance, & another member brought up Summer Shivan, misleading a few to think that he owned one... anyhow, whatever, I'm still interested in Summer, Forrest. I've inquired you in the past, never got a real answer. Drop me a line, I've got some serious misprints these days.

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:45 pm

I've been wondering what all this talk is about a Summer Shivan, and not really sure where it came.  The first mention of it came after my post about 'Most Expensive Card', and I said a Beta Shivan (which I also said I am missing btw), but no where else am I reading about Shivan.
So let me ask, if this talk on the Summer Shivan is not in regards to my earlier post in here, where did it come from, as I am getting confuzzled now.
Thanks!!

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:50 pm

silver.paladin wrote:Now, if there are other Red or Land cards worth more than the above, well, I have them too (i am 99% sure), but since I do not know the values anymore, I could not say what is, or is not, my most expensive.
dry_cereal then posted "Summer Shivan?", asking as if you had one... I assume you don't. But some misunderstood him, as if he was saying he owned one. Read the first page of this post. Just one of those stoopid things taken out of context.

Erl00

Post by Erl00 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:00 pm

inca911 wrote:
FYI:  Indeed there are others on this forum who own a Summer Shivan.
Yep, at least two of them :)

terrafrost wrote: i asked Erl00 this once, and his reply was that he had only looked at the top card in the pack.  i forget what that top card was (it wasn't anything uber amazing), but sufficide to say, that's all he had seen of it.  he didn't want to look at any of the other cards, lest he might inadvertently damage the pack.
Exactly. I HAD to search the pack to check the copyright line to be sure I had a Summer pack.
I saw a beautiful Summer Magic Nettling Imp as the first unco of the pack, but I didn't dare to search it further and risk damaging the pack.

Regards,
Eric.

Midtown

Post by Midtown » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:17 pm

What do you value the sealed pack at?

Erl00

Post by Erl00 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:19 pm

midtown wrote:What do you value the sealed pack at?
The price I paid for it :D
With the current Euro/US$ exchange ratio, it's above $2,200

Anyone interested? ;)

Midtown

Post by Midtown » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:22 pm

Not at that price. ho ho ho.

Where did you acquire it if you dont mind me asking?

Erl00

Post by Erl00 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:57 pm

midtown wrote:Not at that price. ho ho ho.

Where did you acquire it if you dont mind me asking?
A US shop once acquired from a private collector 8 packs of Summer Magic. The guy had written the big E in the front of the pack to differentiate them from Revised packs.

This shop contacted several high-end collectors they knew to seek for potential acquirers. Finally the story came into my e-mail from several sources (including Bob, Inca, etc.).
I therefore contacted the shop to acquire a pack.

At least two of the packs have been opened to proove they were genuine Summer packs. The other ones have been acquired by private collectors.

Here it is.
Regards,
Eric.

AXIOS

Post by AXIOS » Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:33 pm

can't you "rub" the E off off it?

Erl00

Post by Erl00 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:59 pm

axios wrote:can't you "rub" the E off off it?
Not really unfortunately. I think it would rub the paint on the pack.

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:54 am

Hmmmm... I guess all 8 packs are sold? Are the others in anyones hands that we would know?

Erl00

Post by Erl00 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:42 am

fvzappa wrote:Hmmmm... I guess all 8 packs are sold? Are the others in anyones hands that we would know?
Among the 8 packs, 2 have been opened, three were sold on eBay (I forgot to contact the buyer at this time) and the other three have been acquired by private collectors who would rather remain discrete :)

dry_cereal

Post by dry_cereal » Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:50 am

oo, that jltoolman strikes again!!  

AXIOS

Post by AXIOS » Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:34 am

probably inca

AzureWinter

Post by AzureWinter » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:23 am

Most Expensive card : Blue Hurricane!
which i wish to own someday :p

As a single card, I have to go with Alpha Birds of Paradise Mint.

As a playset, 4 DCI Intuition