Question about Alpha cut 4th edition

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Grapes17

Question about Alpha cut 4th edition

Post by Grapes17 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:37 pm

I am pretty sure that I have an alpha cut 4th edition counterspell. I was going through my cards trying to build a deck when I came across a chunk of counterspells and to my amazement one of them looked to be Alpha cut. My questions are, how do you know for sure that it is indeed alpha cut (simply because it is different???)? How scarce are these compared to alt 4th edition or other rarieties? How valuable is something like this? And how did this all come to be? I don't know, basically I am looking for all knowledge on Alpha cut 4th edition cards. Hope you guys can help. :)

pickle.69

Re: Question about Alpha cut 4th edition

Post by pickle.69 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:14 pm

Hi
you can use a pile of real alpha cards and add your Counterspell to the stack and if there is absolutly no difference in any way to the other cards you can be probably shure that its a real alpha cut. Faking these is no problem and therfor the cards are not valued a lot.
I have a bunch of them and would like (if your parting with yours) a counterspell.

How this is possible, well human error. Someone at Carta Mundi forgot to use  the propper cutting device.  

I looks like there are more Uncommens then commons with this defect but no rares.

have a look on squts page he also has some info on it

http://members.tripod.com/~squt/error9.html

hope that helped
Richard