What happened here?

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

fvzappa

What happened here?

Post by fvzappa » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:00 pm

Alright, I've had a misprint just sitting in my binder for a while now, & have no idea how this happened. It's not the coolest misprint, but it certianly baffles me.

How did this happen? The text in the illustration/ copyright & card title may also have this, it is difficult to tell. Full card pics of it are viewable here: http://fvzappa.photosite.com/ Go to the bottom.

Any thoughts here?

Dilligaf

Re: What happened here?

Post by Dilligaf » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:22 pm

its probably something similar to the infamous Charlie Brown Sapphire Medallion.

The previous drums were'nt cleaned properly, and the prior cards left an imprint and it got over/under printed onto your card.

shrug, just a guess.

Mr.C

Post by Mr.C » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:33 am

Whoa!

Im gonna check my Tidal Influence (s) when i get home... Strange, very strange.

Mr.C

Post by Mr.C » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:17 am

Well, to my surprise, i only have one tidal influence   [smiley=scared.gif]

Anyway, it was there. Very, very very faint, but it was there.

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:15 am

Congrats. I need to look at all of mine if this is indeed the case. I wonder if other FE cards are like this.

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:15 am

If this is due to a dirty plate, then there would be at least 1 complete sheet with this error. Probably several. Any idea what the arangement of the rest of that sheet was?

flatmatt

Post by flatmatt » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:53 am

Assuming that the light print is from a Fallen Empires common sheet (which of course is not necessarily true), then it has to be one of the 4 versions of Merseine, since that's the only common Enchant Creature in the set.

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:40 am

flatmatt wrote:Assuming that the light print is from a Fallen Empires common sheet (which of course is not necessarily true), then it has to be one of the 4 versions of Merseine, since that's the only common Enchant Creature in the set.

Could be Farrel's Mantle. No one said the other sheet had to be commons.

flatmatt

Post by flatmatt » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:52 am

l0qii wrote:

Could be Farrel's Mantle. No one said the other sheet had to be commons.
Was there more than one uncommon sheet?  Assuming there wasn't, then the only way to get a different uncommon printed over it would be for one of the sheets to be misaligned by exactly one card...

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:03 am

Yeah I don't know. I just didn't want to automatically rule it out. I checked all my Tidal's, and none of them have this defect.

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:18 am

I too wondered about these possabilities.

I enlarged a scan of this card to be HUGE, & I can almost definitly see other text on the artist area, & perhaps even the title. If any of you have a photobase program to enlarge this, I will gladly send anyone who wants a scan so they can judge for themselves.

Mr.C

Post by Mr.C » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:45 am

fvzappa wrote:I too wondered about these possabilities.

I enlarged a scan of this card to be HUGE, & I can almost definitly see other text on the artist area, & perhaps even the title. If any of you have a photobase program to enlarge this, I will gladly send anyone who wants a scan so they can judge for themselves.
Send me a scan. 400+ dpi makes it easier.

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:20 am

Okay. I will email you all tonight w/ a 600 dpi scan, stay tuned....

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:37 am

fvzappa wrote:Okay. I will email you all tonight w/ a 600 dpi scan, stay tuned....
I would like to receive this email please...

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:16 am

For those who requested, it has been sent.