Question about Judges foils - #5?

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

squt

Question about Judges foils - #5?

Post by squt » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:12 am

Sorry if it's been answered elsewhere, but I can't find reference to what card #5/6 is in the 2004 Judges foils - Balance, Negator, Geddon, Druid, Time Warp - what am I missing?

thanks,
Squt

Celebrindor

Re: Question about Judges foils - #5?

Post by Celebrindor » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:46 am

You didnt miss anything.  We've spent some time speculating what card it might be, but no one's seen one yet.

MagicRumorMill

Post by MagicRumorMill » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:18 am

Perhaps fork? [smiley=worried.gif]

squt

Post by squt » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:13 am

That's unfortunate, since *technically* 2004 is over...

Squt

mintcollector

Post by mintcollector » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:32 am

I had assumed it would have been the 2004 holiday judge mailing (surprise there was not one this year).

The Fork, if it is real, has a 2005 copyright on it, so therefore would not be a 2004 judge prize.  That can be ruled out for sure.

Gryfalia

Post by Gryfalia » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:46 pm

squt wrote:That's unfortunate, since *technically* 2004 is over...

Squt
Technically?  I think pretty much using any method of judging it, 2004 is, in fact, over..;-)

Even tax-wise..

Gryfalia

squt

Post by squt » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:51 pm

I know...sarcasm doesn't translate well online.

I'm actually pretty annoyed that they made a numbered 'set' that can never be completed...I'm sure that it drives a few of us collectors a little nutty.

Squt

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:55 pm

squt wrote:I know...sarcasm doesn't translate well online.

I'm actually pretty annoyed that they made a numbered 'set' that can never be completed...I'm sure that it drives a few of us collectors a little nutty.

Squt
Oh, I was already nutty.  [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]  
But seriously, i'm sure we'll see it eventually - didn't they do something odd with the dates on a few of the arena or JSS cards recently?

MagicRumorMill

Post by MagicRumorMill » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:56 pm

mintcollector wrote:I had assumed it would have been the 2004 holiday judge mailing (surprise there was not one this year).

The Fork, if it is real, has a 2005 copyright on it, so therefore would not be a 2004 judge prize.  That can be ruled out for sure.

oops!  [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif]

Ralph Herold

Post by Ralph Herold » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:04 am

Screwing up the numbering system is not a new trait of WotC. Think of the Argothian Enchantree which was released almost a year after the other cards of the cycle. Card 5/6 2004 will sure come. It is just a matter of time. As for the identity of the card, I think the following red rares are plausible: Fork, Wheel of Fortune,  Pandemonium, Sneak Attack, Goblin Welder, Covetous Dragon, Squee, Goblin Nabob. Given that they seem to reprint already reprinted promotional cards (Duress), Ball Lightning is an additional option.

Dilligaf

Post by Dilligaf » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:29 am

oh man.. a foil wheel of fortune would be HOT.

johnstown713

Post by johnstown713 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:00 am

If they reprint expensive beta stuff(fork, wheel) I will cry and give them hell.

rick21n

Post by rick21n » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:03 am

Always a chance of it being released in May at PT Philadelphia.