BoK Instore Prerelease Foil Promo Card

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

rg

BoK Instore Prerelease Foil Promo Card

Post by rg » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:00 pm

I did not see an image here, so ...
(sorry for the bad scan, but i have yet to discover how to make good quality scans of the new foils :-[)

johnstown713

Re: BoK Instore Prerelease Foil Promo Card

Post by johnstown713 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:00 pm

How do you get this, I couldnt get one.  if someone has an extra please let me know.

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:19 am

Hi Ralf.
What's the difference with the Normal Version?

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:28 am

I would be interested in one of these also.  I am assuming that the 2 holograms are not to be found on the standard foil (betrayers up top and the throwing star on the bottom).

themike314

Post by themike314 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:35 am

Was that an extra card from pre-release events or is that the card for the official release next weekend?

rg

Post by rg » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:05 am

silver.paladin is right, the difference to the normal standard foil version are the two foil symbols (betrayers logo top texbox and the set symbol the star like the other prerelease promo in the bottom textbox)

@themike314
I already wrote in another thread that there will be 2 release  promos.

Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni (foil with datestamp 22.Jan 2005) was the normal prerelease card for the worldwide prerelease weekend (22./23.).
Budoka Pupil (foil betrayers logo and star) was the new promo made for the instore prerelease weekend (this weekend (29./30.).

As with all prerelease promos every participiant got one (but there were only about 30% participiants this weekend compared to last weekend for germany, i don't know for other countries yet)

johnstown713

Post by johnstown713 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:28 am

I went to two prereleases.  One this week and one last week,  We got Ink-Eyes both times.  :(

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:29 am

johnstown713 wrote:I went to two prereleases.  One this week and one last week,  We got Ink-Eyes both times.  :(
Same here.  The store I play FNM at will have the Bukoda's at next weekend's Prerelease.

sylvanstu

Post by sylvanstu » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:04 am

I would love to get one of theese if anyone has an extra I have extra ink-eyes to trade if you need them.

rg

Post by rg » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:02 am

celebrindor wrote: Same here.  The store I play FNM at will have the Bukoda's at next weekend's Prerelease.
Next weekend wouldn't be a prerelease because the release date is on friday ;)

btw. it's quite annoying that again most news threads turn to "i want one" & "me to" behaviour.  :-X

johnstown713

Post by johnstown713 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:54 am

This thread only turned out like that because when they were supposed to have the cards they didnt so now none of us have 1.

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:17 am

rg wrote:btw. it's quite annoying that again most news threads turn to "i want one" & "me to" behaviour.  :-X
Not to be knocking anyone, but this is a website full of collectors; and as of this writing, there are none of these new 'promo' cards appearing on Ebay.
Personally, I would be far more surprised NOT to read people saying that they would 'want one too'.
Other than what has been written on the Library, I myself have not seen anything about this Budoka Pupil, which, to me, initially strengthen my thought that this card may be an "Amigo" promo, and as such, will not be as widely available as most promos would be.
Also, I notice Wizards is announcing last weekend as a Snow Day, and this current weekend was to be a secondary pre-release weekend.
Almost kind of ironic that the first time there are two special promos for a pre-release (not including Lu Bu), that the pre-release occurs over 2 weekends.   [smiley=approve.gif]

rg

Post by rg » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:45 pm

Sorry if someone feld offended by Image accept my apology.

Does this mean there normaly is only one prerelease weekend in US?
In germany there were at least since Odyssey always 2 prerelease weekends.

If it is a "Amigo" promo how can the shop where Evan plays FNM have it next weekend?

If it would turn out it is only available in europe i would try to get some more extra for members but prerelease promos are quite expensive in my aerea compared to ebay.com.

magic_bie

Post by magic_bie » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:49 pm

Hi,
I'm new on this forum, i follow it allready 2 years.
I'm from The Netherlands and i'm lucky because i have 3 foil Budoka Pupils.
I'm a collector and only need one, so i have 2 for trade.
The first one who sends me an email (magic_bie@hotmail.com) and has the new arena card for me can trade it for one pupil.
Maybe i can get more so just sent me an email.

Henri Biemans ;D

Jess

Post by Jess » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:11 pm

I'll see if I can have some for you collectors too.

Oddly enough, this card was offered to the top 8 of our local Arena league  ???