Content of T-Chinese Starter 8Th Ed.

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou

Content of T-Chinese Starter 8Th Ed.

Post by dragsamou » Wed May 04, 2005 10:30 pm

Hi Ralph.
Content of the T-Chinese Starter 2 Player 8th Edition.
The T-Chinese Version of the box set is just missing the CD.It contain:

66 Eighth Edition cards divided into 2 decks (2 x 33)
1 Advanced Booster with 14 Cards and a Demo Game Flyer.
1 standard foil Eighth Edition Elvish Champion card
2 cardboard life counters
1 enhanced rule book with 8th Edition rules
2 player guides which cover 1 demo game
2 playmats to explain the different game zones

The Sea Eagle and the Silverback Ape,are included and therefore exist in T-Chinese  :) Scans are coming  ;)
Very interesting the T-Chinese Version has the Sea Eagle and Silverback Ape.I remark also that while,you have 2 exemplaries of All the Special Card,you have Only one Eager Cadet ???

MagicRumorMill

Re: Content of T-Chinese Starter 8Th Ed.

Post by MagicRumorMill » Thu May 05, 2005 11:13 pm

dragsamou wrote:Hi Ralph.
Content of the T-Chinese Starter 2 Player 8th Edition.
The T-Chinese Version of the box set is just missing the CD.It contain:

66 Eighth Edition cards divided into 2 decks (2 x 33)
1 Advanced Booster with 14 Cards and a Demo Game Flyer.
1 standard foil Eighth Edition Elvish Champion card
2 cardboard life counters
1 enhanced rule book with 8th Edition rules
2 player guides which cover 1 demo game
2 playmats to explain the different game zones

The Sea Eagle and the Silverback Ape,are included and therefore exist in T-Chinese  :) Scans are coming  ;)
Very interesting the T-Chinese Version has the Sea Eagle and Silverback Ape.I remark also that while,you have 2 exemplaries of All the Special Card,you have Only one Eager Cadet ???
I am curious.  is there any way to diferentiate between the foil elvish champions or thorn elementals that come in the starters; and the regular foil ones?  This question goes for all languages it is printed in.

thanks

Ralph Herold

Post by Ralph Herold » Fri May 06, 2005 5:40 am

dragsamou: Thank you for the data and the scans. It really comes as a surprise that all seven cards exist in T-Chinese. As for the Eager Cadet, if I understand you correctly, you note that I did not list the Demogame booster pack as alternate source for the non-English versions. While I have no proof that this is indeed correct, of this, I think it is safe to assume that it is, given that the Magic card contents of Demogame booster packs have not differed from each other in different languages so far. I will add the data with the next update.

MagicRumorMill: No. As I said on the website, the cards are standard foil cards.

aleksandr

Post by aleksandr » Fri May 06, 2005 12:01 pm

MagicRumorMill: No. As I said on the website, the cards are standard foil cards.
That is what I thought as well, however, on the Wizard's product page for the 7th Edition Starter, it notes:
A collectable premium card featuring exclusive art
The URL is: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ma ... ionstarter

I assume by premium card they are referring to the Foil Thorn Elemental...but what about the part with Exclusive Art?  That seems to imply its an image that is not available in the normal set.

Is this an error on Wizard's part?

Aleks

flatmatt

Post by flatmatt » Fri May 06, 2005 1:13 pm

aleksandr wrote:Is this an error on Wizard's part?
Indeed, an error resulting from them lazily copying and pasting that information from the Starter 2000 page, where it referenced the alt. art Rhox:

http://www.wizards.com/magic/starter/st ... elcome.asp

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Fri May 06, 2005 6:13 pm

ralph wrote:dragsamou: Thank you for the data and the scans. It really comes as a surprise that all seven cards exist in T-Chinese. As for the Eager Cadet, if I understand you correctly, you note that I did not list the Demogame booster pack as alternate source for the non-English versions. While I have no proof that this is indeed correct, of this, I think it is safe to assume that it is, given that the Magic card contents of Demogame booster packs have not differed from each other in different languages so far. I will add the data with the next update.

Hi Ralph.
We never proceed on assumption on Magic Rarities  ;)
I will open the T-Chinese Demo Booster tonight and let you now  :)

Ralph Herold

Post by Ralph Herold » Fri May 06, 2005 7:50 pm

dragsamou: Great! But please make a scan of the booster before you do.

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Fri May 06, 2005 8:23 pm

ralph wrote:dragsamou: Great! But please make a scan of the booster before you do.
Hi Ralph.
I did send you twice the scan of the Demo Booster,let me know,if I need to send it again  :)

Ralph Herold

Post by Ralph Herold » Fri May 06, 2005 8:35 pm

dragsamou: I received scans of the cards and of the box, but not of the booster pack. Please send it again. As for the box. you scanned it while it still was wrapped in cellophane. Could you please scan it again unwrapped? The cellophane causes lots of reflections and they are a pain to remove manually. Thank you.

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Sat May 07, 2005 1:26 am

ralph wrote:dragsamou: I received scans of the cards and of the box, but not of the booster pack. Please send it again. As for the box. you scanned it while it still was wrapped in cellophane. Could you please scan it again unwrapped? The cellophane causes lots of reflections and they are a pain to remove manually. Thank you.
Hi Ralph.
Scans sent  ;)
Regarding T-chinese Demo Booster 8th Edition it contains the Special Card Eager Cadet S1/7.Do you need the Full list of the cards in their respective order to make sure it's the same as the others 8Th Edition Demo Boosters?