Mox Crystal (5-color) [1]

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

sylvanstu

Mox Crystal (5-color) [1]

Post by sylvanstu » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:07 am

wHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE 5 COLOR MOX THAT WAS GOING TO COME OUT. WHICH WAS STATED IN THE PREVIOUS SITE ?      ???

victorcamp

Re: WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO THE 5 COLOR MOX

Post by victorcamp » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:06 pm

I think you're referring to the Mox Crystal created by http://5-color.com/ as a promo for their tournaments. The website says they produced only a limited quantity. Though I don't have one, here's a pic I got from somewhere.

sylvanstu

Post by sylvanstu » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:21 pm

so they were produced. anyone out there have one they're willing to sell or trade

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:27 pm

sylvanstu wrote:so they were produced. anyone out there have one they're willing to sell or trade
Hi Sylvanstu.
Take advantage of your Post,for the same question  ;)

bigfatkitty

Post by bigfatkitty » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:07 pm

Since most of us won't ever see this card.  Supposedly there is a new Mox in Mirrodin which has imprint.  Maybe they'll make a future promo of this.  Ok...it's not really close...nevermind.

Tha_Gunslinga

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:50 pm

Just thought I'd add my little bit of info to the pile.

I saw a Mox Crystal at GenCon for sale from a dealer for $125.

The Crystal has been discontinued, so there will not be any more printed.  The ones that had been printed will be given away as 5-color prizes.  I have no idea what the print run was, but I'd imagine it's in the hundreds, if not lower.  They gave these away only for high-level 5-color tourneys, and there aren't too many of those.

Mox Crystal is only legal in 5-color, and it's restricted.  You could probably use it in casual play, though.  5-color info can be found at www.5-color.com normally, but the site seems to be down (at least, it wasn't working for me).

Jerry@CoolStuffInc

Post by Jerry@CoolStuffInc » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:35 pm

Long time lurker first post though.  Congrats to webmaster you're doing an awesome job!

We have a Mox Crystal at CoolStuffInc.com.  We picked it up just because we thought it was cool.  According to speculation that I saw on the 5-Color list the quantity made was probably less then 40.

Jerry
CoolStuffInc.com

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:46 pm

jerry@coolstuffinc wrote:Long time lurker first post though.  Congrats to webmaster you're doing an awesome job!

We have a Mox Crystal at CoolStuffInc.com.  We picked it up just because we thought it was cool.  According to speculation that I saw on the 5-Color list the quantity made was probably less then 40.

Jerry
CoolStuffInc.com
Hi Jerry.
Just went to your Web site,shame,the Card is not for sale ;)

Ralph Herold

Post by Ralph Herold » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:47 am

jerry: Thanks for the praise  :D Would you mind sending me a nice scan of the card? I want to add it to the page.

Does someone have precise knowledge about the background of the card?

rick21n

Post by rick21n » Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:02 am

<thread hijack> Jerry's Site is a very very nice site to buy singles from. I have placed a few orders with him (or his company).  Glad to see that you have joined us</thread hijack>

victorcamp

Post by victorcamp » Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:09 am

Tha_gunslinga: The 5-Color site is not a WWW, so you wouldn't find it with that in the address. See the link in my post, second from the top.

ouroboros

Post by ouroboros » Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:25 pm

Ralph:  Pat Fehling won 5 Color Worlds 2002 at Gen Con, so he got to have a card of his design made for the format - Mox Crystal.  Mark Gresbach, who until just recently ran the 5 Color website, made 40 total copies.  They were pasted onto existing Magic cards.  Pat got one for being the Champ and the others were given to winners of 5 Color Qualifiers until Gen Con 2003 or the supply ran out, which ever came first.  All this info was stated on the 5 Color mailing list at Yahoo.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/5color/message/3973 Mox Crystal discontinued.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/5color/message/3978 confirms that 40 were made.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/5color/message/4035 confirms that they were pasted onto existing cards.

I'm not sure that all 40 copies are in circulation.  The list kind of blew up over the fact that they were being discontinued with what some people considered little to no warning and that so few were made bothered some as well.

Hope that helps.

P.S.
You need to sign up to the mailing list to read the messages.

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:34 pm

ralph wrote:jerry: Thanks for the praise  :D Would you mind sending me a nice scan of the card? I want to add it to the page.

Does someone have precise knowledge about the background of the card?
Hi Members.Hi Ralph.
I just wanted to share a Very Important Information about that "Card".Thanks Mike for that precision  ;)
Please note that this IS a STICKER and not a card.  It is the same size of a card and can be attached to any card for play  :o

Charlie

Post by Charlie » Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:08 am

I'm not big on the Mox Crystal, since it could be easily faked. Anyone could provide a real pic of the Mox which doesn't have "5-Color" words on it?

sylvanstu

Post by sylvanstu » Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:56 am

Well if anyone has the abuility to make some of theese please do and contact me i'd love some for casual play wih the guys