Mox Crystal (5-color) [1]

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Tha_Gunslinga

Re: WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO THE 5 COLOR MOX

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:00 am

victorcamp wrote:Tha_gunslinga: The 5-Color site is not a WWW, so you wouldn't find it with that in the address. See the link in my post, second from the top.
Actually, the www address works fine for me, but the site doesn't seem to do anything for me.  The links don't go anywhere, and they're looking for a new server, leading me to declare it "not working."

Jerry@CoolStuffInc

Post by Jerry@CoolStuffInc » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:43 pm

Hello fellow collectors,

Just to clear some facts about the mox crystal.  As you've already read it's a card that was made by the guys at 5-color.com for their tournaments.  It's only legal in their tournaments and casual play (if it's ok with your friends).

The card is a paper color print out that appears to have been glued to the card.  I may be wrong, but I don't think it's a sticker, the texture of the paper doesn't feel right.   As you can infer, this card is already made up, it's not just a sticker but it's ready to play.

The card I have is also different from the picture above.  It does not have the 5-Color.com words going across diagonally, they're missing completely.  I assume this was done so that noone could just print out the above image to make cards.  Also, the dpi is very high, much higher then an image from the web.

My particular copy has been touched up with marker outside the edges of the print out, I didn't realize this at first as this not the usual area that a card gets markered.  You only notice it when you actually inspect the card.

I havn't put the card on my site because I don't want someone to order it not understanding what it is and then be upset.  I take it to tournaments and display it in our case and get dozens of questions on it.  (It's a great way to start a conversation, pass out a business card and promote our website.)

Rick, thanks for the kind words about our site!  (Prepare for shameless plug.)  We pride ourselves on our customer service.

Jerry
CoolStuffInc.com

sylvanstu

Post by sylvanstu » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:55 am

Jerry are you willing to part with yours??

Jerry@CoolStuffInc

Post by Jerry@CoolStuffInc » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:03 am

Sylvanstu, Yes, I am.  I've sent you an email.

Thanks,

Jerry

dry_cereal

Post by dry_cereal » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:44 pm

let me know if you ever have another one  :-/.  I like the idea of starting conversations.  There arent many girls that play magic, but boy, they'd be on me like a hobo on a ham sandwich.
also, kinda funny its called a 5-color mox, yet it creates colorless mana.  Not funny haha, funny heh.

Antipositive

Re: Mox Crystal (5-color) [1]

Post by Antipositive » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:32 pm

just go to findmagiccards.com if you really want to know

furiousavatar

Re: Mox Crystal (5-color) [1]

Post by furiousavatar » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:06 pm

I've been told by a few 5 color players the mox crystal is glued... but to mox sapphires, just so you know.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:23 pm

Adding more info as I will put that card on the website sooner or later :)
http://www.professor-oak.com/CustomCardsForm.asp
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.