Value: partial CE set

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

gzeiger

Value: partial CE set

Post by gzeiger » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:59 am

A friend has come across a Collector's Edition set, missing box but all cards are NM- or better, EXCEPT that the following atrocity has been committed:
Black Lotus, five Moxes, Time Vault, Cyclopean Tomb, Jade Statue have been rebacked with varying degrees of success.

I want to know:
1. Fair price for the intact cards (which include the blue power), because I want to have a set.
2. Probable cost of replacing the ruined cards.
3. Likely value of the messed up power as proxies - I assume it's legal and ethical to sell these, properly labelled, on Ebay as they are official Wizards product, just in very bad condition.

Celebrindor

Re: Value: partial CE set

Post by Celebrindor » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:41 am

I can answer 1 and 2 at the same time.  Sealed sets have been going for more and more recently - 900 is not uncommon.  Since it is not sealed, it may be worth ~700, I would estimate.  Lotuses from CE have been selling for 100+, even up to ~$150, and the moxen at ~40-60.  Thus, subract those numbers to get the value of your set, and you will have to pay that much to complete it.  As for the proxies, if you specifically state that they are rebacked CE, and provide an adequate scan of the card, you should not have any problem selling them, but don't expect more than $20 for any of them (the point of rebacking of course being to make the cards look real, once you admit they've been rebacked, they lose most of whatever value they had as CE cards.).

grandpoohbah19

Re: Value: partial CE set

Post by grandpoohbah19 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:46 am

I'll buy the Benalish Hero from you should you chose to sell any of the set seperatly.