Price of boosters in other countries

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mahdishain

Re: Price of boosters in other countries

Post by mahdishain » Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:05 pm

gamingjim wrote:I will sell any one  on the forum,  boxes at $62.00 Plus shipping. Just let me know.

greetings

will you be at dragoncon and would this price be available there?  if so i will take you up on it. thanks!

mahdishain

WhiteKnightMx

Post by WhiteKnightMx » Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:58 pm

Hi!

I'm from Mexico and the prices of boosters are:

Mexico: $35 to $40 Mexican pesos ($3.2 - $ 3.8 USD)

In Latinamerica the prices are a little high, but not $25 USD each!!!, in Chile and Argentina the prices are between $4 and $5 USD.

The first post telling us "boosters in Venezuela are $25" is completly wrong.

WK

mintcollector

Post by mintcollector » Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:21 am

You know, I have been thinking.  What if Venezuelan Starters and not boosters are $25?  I agree that $25 seems excessive.  Or is someone really buying them at these prices?  If so, maybe I should load up a suitcase full of booster boxes and hop on a plane.........

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:18 am

Yeah, I'm starting to question it too. Next time my friend is online I'll try to get a better idea of what he saw. It's possible they were starters. I'll post whatever I find out.

AXIOS

Post by AXIOS » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:38 am

gamingjim wrote:I will sell any one  on the forum,  boxes at $62.00 Plus shipping. Just let me know.

anyone?

also the european ones? (the mayority of this forum)

berserk

Post by berserk » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:02 am

In England boosters go for £2.49 which is about $3.75 and i still havent found a cheap source for boxes :-(

Dadulka

Post by Dadulka » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:25 am

Here in germany the shop where I get my cards from sells the new Boosters (Onslaugh-Fifth Dawn) at a price of  3,50 euro. But there are some older Boosters which are more expensive, for example Tempest costs  8 euro; and The Dark (englisch) costs 10 euro.

Mr.C

Post by Mr.C » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:38 pm

well, since this topic is back from the dead, presently, the boosters here in Brazil cost ~R$15 (Roughly US$5, however, since we are in general a poor country, it seems more like US$15 :()

mishrah

Post by mishrah » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:25 pm

In New Zealand, they vary from $6.95 to 7.95 NZD which equates to  $4.86 to $5.56 USD.  I always buy a booster box which is $190 NZD which equates to  $133 USD or a Tournament Box (for a new cycle).

The Tournament boxes sell for $220 NZD which is equivalent to a staggering $154 USD.

Due to these high prices I usually order boxes from US stores and end up paying around $100~$110 per box (incl. $25~$30 for postage).

So things are quite inflated down here, which makes it quite expensive to make up new sets.

Singles are also expensive down here. It's almost impossible to find Beta/Arabian Nights/Anitquities cards.

So my Beta set is going very slowly (just started collecting the commons). So sadly I have to buy them from Troll and Toad and the likes.

pickle.69

Post by pickle.69 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:43 pm

mishrah wrote:In New Zealand, they vary from $6.95 to 7.95 NZD which equates to  $4.86 to $5.56 USD.  I always buy a booster box which is $190 NZD which equates to  $133 USD or a Tournament Box (for a new cycle).

The Tournament boxes sell for $220 NZD which is equivalent to a staggering $154 USD.

Due to these high prices I usually order boxes from US stores and end up paying around $100~$110 per box (incl. $25~$30 for postage).

So things are quite inflated down here, which makes it quite expensive to make up new sets.

Singles are also expensive down here. It's almost impossible to find Beta/Arabian Nights/Anitquities cards.

So my Beta set is going very slowly (just started collecting the commons). So sadly I have to buy them from Troll and Toad and the likes.
Wellcome to the boards!
Ouch that is expensive

WeQu

Post by WeQu » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:44 pm

Hey,

I am from Belgium (counting in EURO) and I am wondering what could be the cheapest way to find boxes?

Anyone?
Does anyone has experience with this who is from Europe?

Thanks for answering!

-WéQu-

AXIOS

Post by AXIOS » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:09 am

wequ wrote:Hey,

I am from Belgium (counting in EURO) and I am wondering what could be the cheapest way to find boxes?

Anyone?
Does anyone has experience with this who is from Europe?

Thanks for answering!

-WéQu-
ik kom uit nederland, ik koop boosterboxes van ebay of van andere forummebers.

im from the netherlands, i buy boxes of of ebay/forum members ;)

ende73

Post by ende73 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:51 am

Ok, I'll buy a Beta box for that price

[smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

AXIOS: you know what to post after this joke here....  [smiley=cheeky.gif]

ende73

Post by ende73 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:53 am

On topic, new packs in Italy (Rome) retail for about 4.50 euros in stores, and boxes can be sold at as high as 150 euros  :o

However, it is very easy to get them "privately" for about 3-3.50 euros and about 90-100 euros respectively.

Singles are VERY expensive indeed, especially some high-end foils (which, strangely enough, I always seek...  ::)

Porkinho

Post by Porkinho » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:22 am

Here in Portugal, Boosters go for 4.25€, privatly maybe 3 - 3,5€! and booster boxes, depending on edition 90-125€, there's even a guy who sells chinese chk boosters boxers @ 125€ !

Luis