A new language (mostly)

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Celebrindor

Re: A new language (mostly)

Post by Celebrindor » Tue May 03, 2005 10:39 am

dry_cereal wrote:do you think russians will take over the tourney scene, like they have with chess?
Nah, the Americans and the Germans have a 12 year head-start ;)

robertweinzetl

Post by robertweinzetl » Tue May 03, 2005 7:29 pm

If anyone gets a line on these (black border only) I am going to be looking for a case or 2.  Let me know.

Robert.

Black bordered birds again :) among many others.

Stefke aka magic dsb

Post by Stefke aka magic dsb » Tue May 03, 2005 8:40 pm

robertweinzetl wrote:If anyone gets a line on these (black border only) I am going to be looking for a case or 2.  Let me know.

Robert.

Black bordered birds again :) among many others.

Birds of Paradise won't be in 9th, right?
So you'll have to wait a bit longer for the BB Birds. They'll be in the set coming after 9th if I'm informed correctly :P

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Tue May 03, 2005 9:13 pm

stefke wrote:

Birds of Paradise won't be in 9th, right?
So you'll have to wait a bit longer for the BB Birds. They'll be in the set coming after 9th if I'm informed correctly :P
That is correct.  Llanoware Elves will be in 9th, Birds will be in Ravnica, so there will be a 2 or 3 month period where they are not T2 legal.

gzeiger

Post by gzeiger » Thu May 05, 2005 5:14 am

I hear the Iranians had a headstart of some centuries on chess...

Gryfalia

Post by Gryfalia » Thu May 05, 2005 11:18 pm

Just called my father and talked to him about any contacts he has in Russia.

None that will help in this instance...;-/

But then he suggested that we should just travel there.  Oh the mind starts spinning (he's been there several times).

Must ponder this..;-)

Gryfalia

LiQUiD-EsT

Post by LiQUiD-EsT » Sat May 14, 2005 5:21 pm

Hi there,

I've been reading the forums for a long time but never had anything to post - until now :D
So hi to everyone 8)

I live in Estonia, next to Russia and below Finland.
So I can help you out when the time comes ;)

Egon

AllHallowsEVE

Post by AllHallowsEVE » Sat May 14, 2005 10:48 pm

magic cards in russian. haha, magic is growing bigger and bigger. i guess magic will live forever.  [smiley=evil.gif]

MagicRumorMill

Post by MagicRumorMill » Sun May 15, 2005 3:22 am

liquid-est wrote:Hi there,

I've been reading the forums for a long time but never had anything to post - until now :D
So hi to everyone 8)

Egon

I think you will get swarmed with emails.  lol

flatmatt

Post by flatmatt » Sun May 15, 2005 12:33 pm

Well I will quite likely be in need of Grizzly Bears foil and nonfoil in Russian (and every other language) when 9th comes out.

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Sun May 15, 2005 3:17 pm

magicrumormill wrote:

I agree,the Only time,I try to order a MTG Product on a Russian Website,the Only result was spamming for the last 3 Years  [smiley=laugh.gif]

Mr.C

Post by Mr.C » Mon May 16, 2005 9:21 am

So hi to everyone 8)

Egon
Ah, Egon!

I was thinking about asking you about this...

Well, when it is time to get my russian BB stuff, i'll definetly talk to ya!

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Mon May 16, 2005 10:22 am

mr.c wrote:
Ah, Egon!

I was thinking about asking you about this...

Well, when it is time to get my russian BB stuff, i'll definetly talk to ya!
As will I, for Foil Basic Lands :)

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Mon May 16, 2005 11:41 am

So hi to everyone 8)

Egon
Greetings Egon, and welcome to the Library.  I am sure that you are going to not only become important in helping the Library with locating, identifying and even explaining various Russian Rarities, but also with the many people who will find you to be a very valuable resource for their international needs.
I myself may be interested in obtaining some of these 9th Edition cards (probably just a set of basic non-foil lands) - but I did want to ask you a question.

Are you by chance set up yet with an international money transfer program such as PayPal, BidPay or other such online funding program?  For my own sake, I would like to say I prefer using PayPal over any other online institution, though at this point in time, I do not know if Estonia is able to participate in these kind of programs or not.

Thank you,

LiQUiD-EsT

Post by LiQUiD-EsT » Tue May 31, 2005 10:31 pm

magicrumormill wrote:

I hope not ! :D:D:D

silver.paladin wrote:
Greetings Egon, and welcome to the Library.  I am sure that you are going to not only become important in helping the Library with locating, identifying and even explaining various Russian Rarities, but also with the many people who will find you to be a very valuable resource for their international needs.
I myself may be interested in obtaining some of these 9th Edition cards (probably just a set of basic non-foil lands) - but I did want to ask you a question.

Are you by chance set up yet with an international money transfer program such as PayPal, BidPay or other such online funding program?  For my own sake, I would like to say I prefer using PayPal over any other online institution, though at this point in time, I do not know if Estonia is able to participate in these kind of programs or not.

Thank you,
Hi, great to be here - hope I can help you guys out somehow in the future.

As some of you propably must know Estonia has a population of only 1,5 mil. and you can guess how intrested PayPal is in setting up theyr service here...
I don't know about BidPay tough - I'll have to look into it.

I understand that you might not be comfortable dealing otherwise. I wouldn't be either !

Regards,
Egon