A new language (mostly)

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

agzz

Re: A new language (mostly)

Post by agzz » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:03 am

Egon>> Do you know if Estonia and the other Baltic states will be blessed with theese? I understand there are still many russians living there, right? I thought maby like with Malaysia and chinese cards.

dry_cereal

Post by dry_cereal » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:57 pm

Russian states?  I'm so confused.

gzeiger

Post by gzeiger » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:48 am

"State" means sovereign government, or country, everywhere else in the world...

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:26 am

dry_cereal wrote:Russian states?  I'm so confused.
If you would like to save some money, take a trip to Moscow.  It's in the state of Idaho.

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:03 pm

silver.paladin wrote:
If you would like to save some money, take a trip to Moscow.  It's in the state of Idaho.
haha. It's also in Arkansas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Kansas, Michigan, Iowa, Tennessee, Texas and Vermont ;)

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:09 pm

l0qii wrote:
haha. It's also in Arkansas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Kansas, Michigan, Iowa, Tennessee, Texas and Vermont ;)
You shouldn't be saying that.  You are really going to confuse Dry Cereal now!   :D

LiQUiD-EsT

Post by LiQUiD-EsT » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:36 am

agzz wrote:Egon>> Do you know if Estonia and the other Baltic states will be blessed with theese? I understand there are still many russians living there, right? I thought maby like with Malaysia and chinese cards.
Yes, we propably will be - almost 30% of our population are russians so the dealers here will wan't a piece of that cake ;)

Greetz,
Egon

AXIOS

Post by AXIOS » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:33 pm

l0qii wrote:
and also in the netherlands

agzz

Post by agzz » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:39 pm

Egon>> Thanks. Surely hope so. It cost next to nothing to take the boat over from Sweden and its always good with a bit of vacation.  ;D

[slightly ot] There is no Moscow in Sweden but at least 8 Russia, has to count for something  [smiley=laugh.gif]
[/slightly ot]

AXIOS

Post by AXIOS » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:25 am

dry_cereal

Post by dry_cereal » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:36 am

So why not print sets in other languages, like Illinois, and Kentucky.  Maybe even marvin's gardens.

Charlie

Post by Charlie » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:08 am

That's good. On the other hand, a moment of silence for T-Chinese and Korean cards.

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:21 am

charlie wrote:That's good. On the other hand, a moment of silence for T-Chinese and Korean cards.
I can guarantee you, every time I tried to read T-Chinese or Korean cards, I always had more than just a moment of silence.

LiQUiD-EsT

Post by LiQUiD-EsT » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:08 am

agzz wrote:Egon>> Thanks. Surely hope so. It cost next to nothing to take the boat over from Sweden and its always good with a bit of vacation.  ;D

[slightly ot] There is no Moscow in Sweden but at least 8 Russia, has to count for something  [smiley=laugh.gif]
[/slightly ot]
You're welcome - I'll buy you a beer when you get her over some rounds of casual ;)

Back to the topic: I have confirmation from our local dealer that we will have these available but something like 3 months after the english release. Can anyone confirm if this is somekind of a policy from WotC for foreign languages ?

Regards,
Egon

motorcitymagic

Post by motorcitymagic » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:03 am

liquid-est wrote:Back to the topic: I have confirmation from our local dealer that we will have these available but something like 3 months after the english release. Can anyone confirm if this is somekind of a policy from WotC for foreign languages ?
Not a policy I'm aware of... probably just a matter of planning and marketing.

From the press release:
Ninth Edition is scheduled for a July 27 release in English with the premier Russian-language release scheduled to hit retail shelves in late September in the Russian Federation. This release will be supported by an official launch event to be held in Moscow, as well as nationwide in-store tournaments.