Magic Action Figures

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

sylvanstu

Re: Magic Action Figures

Post by sylvanstu » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:20 am

Where did you see theese for 59.99 a set please

Tenacious_Dyl

Post by Tenacious_Dyl » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:40 am

Ahh good call Silver.Paladin!
I agree 100% as you can see.

I think that Hasbro must serve some Mercury in their coffee.

However, the slump in MTG quality didn't start with Hasbro, Hasbro just helped. In my opinion, the last "good" set was Saga. Legacy and Destiny were cool too, but Saga just had the "magic charm"... the whole set just "felt plain good".... ever since they haven't. :-\

Mostly, since saga, the art has SUCKED... some pictures I could do a better job myself with photoshop, and I am no artist by any means. Not to mention the ENTIRE torment white (non-foil) cards having bad quality art compared to the others (I had a thread about that in the old forums). Sigh.

I personally know the leader of FNM at my local store, and he thinks it is BS. The weird rules and junk he gets thrown at him, is just... trash. Sometimes the prizes are late arriving, or we get too many or not enough, and he has just generally had a "screw this" attitude about the whole thing lately. He gets paid a Pop and a Candy Bar for hosting tournaments, which take up from 1-3 hours some nights. Poor guy :-\

Well, unless WotC wants to let MTG continue this disturbing trend towards more of a "pokemon" type game, they will slowly kill and flood the market with junk, and people will just get sick of it. You can only release so many "this card is so good it shocks me" cards. Oh well.

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:07 am

sylvanstu wrote:Where did you see theese for 59.99 a set please
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... ion=&lg=1&

here. They are taking prerders. Notice the warning though "Important: this item might not be made due to demand issues. Availability is subject to change. " Diamond Distributors also has the item listed as a "Caution 4" which means this item may never ship. I'm gonna keep a close eye on this one. If it ships with unique cards, gets poor advertising and distribution, and then disappears into obscurity, there will be 6 really rare cards floating around.

dry_cereal

Post by dry_cereal » Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:01 pm

exactly what I hope for.  I wonder if and when magic starts to crash (according to you guys it seems headed that way) If they'll give up, or turn to pros for help.

AXIOS

Post by AXIOS » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:18 am

on the first site:

http://previews.diamondcomics.com/produ ... ering.html

they mention a price of 12,25  or did i get that wrong?
The biggest problem is.........

Not available outside North America, Puerto Rico, and the U.K. This item is sold to retailers in case lots. Please check with your retailer for availability.
Figure SRP:..........$12.25Ea.

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:53 am

You're right, they have a price on the website, but not listed in the catalog that I have. They are probably listed in this week's catalog though.

I sure there's someone on this list willing to gather money from overseas people and place a big order for these...