Wyvern-Backed Fallen Empires...what are my chances?

Poll regarding the Website, Members and MTG items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

What is the likelihood of opening a Wyvern-backed FE misprint from 100 sealed boxes?

At least one box will have misprints
10%
None of the boxes will have misprints
33%
You are retarded!
56%

Total votes: 39

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:54 am

berkumps wrote:The opening will occur when the majority of them have arrived (all 300 lbs) :-\'
Do you need any help? :)

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:06 pm

johnstown713 wrote:
ende73 wrote:Ehm, johnstown713, maybe you should direct your contact to what you posted yourself on an older Topic ( http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=4881 )

johnstown713 wrote:You went about this the wrong way to be honest. Delete all your posts and threads then put 1 at a time on ebay with a 5 day auction and each time do a different land. It will maximize profits and I garuntee someone will contact you about buying the majority of them.
:-\
Yes and I still do believe thats true. Im not taking any responsibility for what this guy has, hell I don't even know him personally. My main point was there are a lot more Wyverns than people think. If he wanted to get rid of them all at a decent price thats up to him, if he wants to sit on them also up to him.

Ryan
Absolutely, Ryan.

Just to clarify, my Post wasn't to criticize you.
Quite on the contrary, I think we're both trying to say how weird this person is acting... having 6,000 (!) of cards that sold about $50-70 + each until recently and letting that news leak and even wanting to sell them in block ?!?! [-X ](*,) :-O #-o

Ihateworking
Legendary Weakness Collector

Post by Ihateworking » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:00 pm

Is Opening wyvern backed cards out of wyvern boxes a reality? I have never heard of anyone pulling them from these sources, only from regular FE packs.

The store I work at is sitting on
130 + Premiere Base Set Booster Boxes
150+ Premiere Base Set Starter Boxes.

Thats why I ask :-O

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Wyvern Back

Post by equi-nox76 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:05 pm

Ihateworking wrote:Is Opening wyvern backed cards out of wyvern boxes a reality? I have never heard of anyone pulling them from these sources, only from regular FE packs.

Open some and we'll see :wink:

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:31 pm

berkumps wrote:The opening will occur when the majority of them have arrived (all 300 lbs) :-\'
You've bought 300lbs of Wyvern boxes ???

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:32 pm

johnstown713 wrote:Just so you know there is someone in the United States sitting on over 6000 Wyvern Backs looks to dump them all at once. So if you do happen to get them I suggest selling them asap.

Ryan - Johnstown713
Well, depending on how much he wants, we could team here and buy them together on the forum.

I need one complete set myself.

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:52 pm

Ihateworking wrote:Is Opening wyvern backed cards out of wyvern boxes a reality? I have never heard of anyone pulling them from these sources, only from regular FE packs.

Ok, I'm confused. I've NEVER heard of them from FE packs. ALWAYS Wyvern packs...
He's just this guy, ya know?

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:34 pm

I'm confused too! I don't like the idea of 300 lbs of useless Wyvern cards.

EddieO
Librarities Hero

Post by EddieO » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:44 pm

They were in wyvern packs every time I saw them.......never heard of a FE pack having one......., we had a local guy buy a box of Wyvern from cliffs comics for $30 in 1996.....the whole thing was wyvern backed FE.............needless to say, every box of wyvern in the area skyrocketed........I think I saw a few more misc get opened, but the supply dried up pretty fast......guy used the money he sold them for buy a Hyundai........heh

Later EddieO
Last edited by EddieO on Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magicdude

Post by magicdude » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:08 am

EddieO wrote:They were in wyvern packs every time I saw them.......never heard of a FE pack having one......., we had a local guy buy a box of Wyvern from cliffs comics for $30 in 1996.....the whole thing was wyvern backs.............needless to say, every box of wyvern in the area skyrocketed........I think I saw a few more misc get opened, but the supply dried up pretty fast......guy used the money he sold them for buy a Hyundai........heh

Later EddieO
So what you are saying is they don't have Wyvern backs, but Fallen Empires fronts! :-D

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:17 am

berkumps wrote:I'm confused too! I don't like the idea of 300 lbs of useless Wyvern cards.
Did you finally get your load ?

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:04 pm

Thou shalt open all of those boxes right now.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:10 pm

put your camera video ON ... you never know if you find the "Golden" Box

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:51 pm

So the opening is done, and suffice it to say, the majority of voters are correct. I am retarded! A close 2nd are the people that voted "None of the boxes will have misprints".

I suspect (although I thought this before I purchased the Wyvern boxes), that this error was regional similar to Summer Magic (which could explain why there is someone sitting on 6000 wyvern misprints).

I was just hoping to win the lottery!!! :-\'

Time to slowly bleed the remainder off on ebay ](*,) Anybody feel like taking up a new CCG?

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:50 pm

You would have been a genius if you hit it though :wink:
I think I'd have taken the risk as well depending on the $$$ you spent. The shipping was probably the worst of it...