Do you think Magi will be strong enough to last forever ?

Poll regarding the Website, Members and MTG items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Do you think MTG will last forever like Barbie and Monopoly ?

Yes it will
53%
No, it won't
47%

Total votes: 17

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Do you think Magi will be strong enough to last forever ?

Post by magic-belgium » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:16 am

Hello there,

Time for another poll.

So, do you think Magic will last forever like Barbie and Monopoly.

Will Hasbro be clever enough to make it last forever through trends and fashion ?

Please explain why you voted yes or no ?

Patrick

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:04 am

I voted yes. I don't know that it will really be forever, but certainly long enough to be a significant time. The problem is keeping people interested as many people do seem to play for only a few years and then drop out after high school or college. Once you have enough ex-players, however, I think that it should be easier to keep the game going. If we can make it another 10 years then I think the game will be around in one form or another for as long as I will be around.

This of course brings up the question of how practical it will be to keep getting at least one of every card. At least cards are small and easily stored.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:18 pm

But they take a lot of room if you collect them all, at least one of each.

Those who collect playsets need a lot of storage room. It's 700-1000 new cards each year.

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Yes

Post by equi-nox76 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:48 am

Voted yes, as long as Hasbro does not make it to mainstream like other camparable games for the players and does not make to much promo's and other related stuff for collectors (here it gets to difficult at the moment). Magic is still the most known and best of these kind of games (imo) and with all the tournaments around it's very attractive also for new players. But it will not last forever for every single player/collector, because one time it's time to say goodbye to the game/collection.
Chris