New Page on the website...What title ?

Poll regarding the Website, Members and MTG items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Name of the New Page

Poll ended at Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Magic Memorabilia
64%
Magic Oddities
23%
Magic Paraphernalia
9%
Other
5%

Total votes: 22

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:47 am

mystical_tutor wrote:If that is not enough the third item in the Librarities titles would be:
Card index by name with links to each card ever used as a promo.... This is a job for Clay.

For discussion only

Gary
do we get to discuss who is going to do this "card index by name" part, or was I just voluntold by Gary?

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:10 am

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote:If that is not enough the third item in the Librarities titles would be:
Card index by name with links to each card ever used as a promo.... This is a job for Clay.

For discussion only

Gary
do we get to discuss who is going to do this "card index by name" part, or was I just voluntold by Gary?
I think, we can talk about things, but the primary topic is about a simple title that will eventually make it on the website, and Really not in the next monthes, more like a 2015 project. So, of course anything can be discuss, but in regards of the amount of work, time, etc...I just wonder, if it's appropriate to talk about some stuff, that will Maybe took place in years. IMHO
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:17 pm

dragsamou wrote:
Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:

For discussion only

Gary
I think, we can talk about things, but the primary topic is about a simple title that will eventually make it on the website, and Really not in the next monthes, more like a 2015 project. So, of course anything can be discuss, but in regards of the amount of work, time, etc...I just wonder, if it's appropriate to talk about some stuff, that will Maybe took place in years. IMHO
Alexis, I was joking with Gary. "Voluntold" is military lingo. I thought he'd get a laugh out of that.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:28 pm

cataclysm80 wrote:While I haven't put a LOT of thought into it, this seems to be a really nice organization method. I like it. The simultaneous historical and alphabetical list of links would allow anyone to quickly and easily find anything they were looking for if they knew either what it was called, or approximately when it was released. The only thing I might change is one of the titles "History of publicaton" , perhaps changing it to the simpler "Magic Cards" , or something like that.Tav
My problem is that I have put a lot of time into thinking about it in trying to organize my own collection... Problem, because i find a method I like and then I find the problems with it then end up going back to something I thought of before... I tried organizing promos by system use (Marketing, competition, gift, Barnd awareness.....). I really like that approach but there are way too many grey areas and term deffinition problems (i.e. where does an Artist Proof go? Media inserts vs. redemption items, Judge gift, holiday gift, vs. player rewards.) Whereas I can find terms that work for me I know they are not universally understood in the same way.
The only systems I could find that were definitive are topical (what we have) and historical (what I would like to have). Topical worked very well when we had a number of topics that were easy to handle. It is getting out of hand and as we have seen, there are real questions about where some things should go--with what we decide today not making sense tomorrow.

One thing that would help a great deal for me is if the board was divided between "Official" and "unofficial/licensed". That one division would greatly reduce the number of headings you had to go through to find something. "am I looking for an Ultra-Pro Ursa Saga binder? a Hachette French Magic Encyclopedia Inserts? [unofficial] or do I want the Arena card from the HarperPrism Book Inserts [official].

Discussion only.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:54 pm

Memoraphilia sounds good.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:11 pm

ouallada wrote:Memoraphilia sounds good.
I went to Google about that word, it's Original, thought right away about Zombies, Ghosts, etc...Don't ask me why, maybe cause I've been watching American Horror Story TV show lately héhé
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:11 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote: Alexis, I was joking with Gary. "Voluntold" is military lingo. I thought he'd get a laugh out of that.
And I did Clay,

Alexis, I think you have your answer with Magic Memorabilia being the winner. I only expressed my opinions to give folks some food for thought as I am sure the board will have to address the issue of size and diversity at some point and I hope that buy starting people thinking we will come up with better ideas than what I have.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:47 am

mystical_tutor wrote:
Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote: Alexis, I was joking with Gary. "Voluntold" is military lingo. I thought he'd get a laugh out of that.
And I did Clay,

Alexis, I think you have your answer with Magic Memorabilia being the winner. I only expressed my opinions to give folks some food for thought as I am sure the board will have to address the issue of size and diversity at some point and I hope that buy starting people thinking we will come up with better ideas than what I have.

Gary
Hi Gary

The Poll is not finished as I let it for a month, it was just to give me an idea of what Members thought was appropriate as a title, but nothing is decided at all. The next step, always in a future, will be what sections and subsections, should be in there, etc...Thanks for your input Gary, always much appreciated.PS: Voluntold was like Gary speaking Korean to me héhé
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.