Quickstart Rivals Support Cards logo

Whenever you have an idea or a question about the website.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Quickstart Rivals Support Cards logo

Post by berkumps » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:26 pm

From looking at the logo for this section, it is obvious that a textbox was inserted with the words "support cards", and a background color chosen to "blend in" with the box colors. Instead of choosing a background color to try and match the box color, why not just set the textbox properties to have "no fill" for color, which will essentially overlay the black text onto the box image?

Also, maybe a different font type could be used instead of that which was chosen for "support cards"? Perhaps something that more closely resembles the font of the words on the box.

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Quickstart Rivals Support Cards logo

Post by dragsamou » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:40 pm

berkumps wrote:From looking at the logo for this section, it is obvious that a textbox was inserted with the words "support cards", and a background color chosen to "blend in" with the box colors. Instead of choosing a background color to try and match the box color, why not just set the textbox properties to have "no fill" for color, which will essentially overlay the black text onto the box image?

Also, maybe a different font type could be used instead of that which was chosen for "support cards"? Perhaps something that more closely resembles the font of the words on the box.

Hi Mark
In all the logos a Textbox is inserted, I don't think there's a No Fill option on Photobucket, I will check. Regarding Font, I can always work on logos later, but I try to do as quick as possible, as I'm swamped into Subsections to be updated from HTML to Dynamic and still over 1500 scans and info to be added after 3 weeks of work non stop everyday.
EDIT: Correct, there's a Transparent Background Button, never paid attention to it, will took care of removing Text Box logos later.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:16 pm

dragsamou wrote: EDIT: Correct, there's a Transparent Background Button, never paid attention to it, will took care of removing Text Box logos later.
No rush, just a suggestion for improving the look of the website.

Hopefully you are nearing the end of the "grand update" journey. You will need to crack a nice bottle of vino, and smoke a big fat cigar to celebrate when you are finished.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:47 pm

berkumps wrote:
dragsamou wrote: EDIT: Correct, there's a Transparent Background Button, never paid attention to it, will took care of removing Text Box logos later.
No rush, just a suggestion for improving the look of the website.

Hopefully you are nearing the end of the "grand update" journey. You will need to crack a nice bottle of vino, and smoke a big fat cigar to celebrate when you are finished.
Hi Mark.
Just fixed the Quickstart Rivals Support Cards logo, unfortunately on Photobucket very few fonts looks nice, so I mainly pick up Arial, most of the time.
Champagne and the Big Fat Cigar are fine for me.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.