MagicLibrarities July Monthly Contest.Still going on.

Everything about Magiclibrarities Monthly Contest.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

MagicLibrarities July Monthly Contest.Still going on.

Post by dragsamou » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:50 pm

SECOND MAGICLIBRARITIES CONTEST STARTING 12/07/07 ENDING 31/07/07

JULY CONTEST 7 QUESTIONS.

QUESTION 1
What are the 2 Scans missing for the Ninth Edition Box Set Cards?
Please indicate the 2 Countries that they belong from.
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/raritie ... ition.html

QUESTION 2
Two Magic Statues have been used recently for MTG events,in the last 3 Monthes,what are the 2 Statues and please add a link or scan?

QUESTION 3
Some Typo Errors took place on that Section:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/raritie ... ition.html
What are the 2 Countries involved:
Index | English | Italian | French | German | Portuguese | Spanish | Japanese | Traditional Chinese

QUESTION 4
Once,you have find the 2 Countries,please indicate the cards that are concerned,and mention what are the Mistakes.

QUESTION 5
In X Edition a Minimum of 2 cards will be Alternate Art in Simplified Chinese,for sure,Which ones?

QUESTION 6
From the Support list,one Demogame Booster or Pack existance has been definately prooved,Which one from the list bellow?

German Portal Demogame booster
Spanish Portal Demogame booster
Japanese Portal Demogame booster
Spanish Portal Second Age Demogame booster
Japanese Portal Second Age Demogame booster
Italian Eighth Edition Demogame Pack
French Eighth Edition Demogame Pack
Spanish Eighth Edition Demogame Pack
Japanese Eighth Edition Demogame Pack
S- Chinese Eighth Edition Demogame Pack

QUESTION 7
What is the Content of the 6TH Edition Magic Academy Booster?

PRIZE
You win Right the way a Promotion to gain a Rank of Librarities Legend and get the chance to have a Unique Title of your own.If the Winner is already a Legend,he gets as a Prize a Playset of French Retard or another
Promo or Rarities(To be Updated).
If he owns one already,another Prize will be offered(More Infos soon)

WINNER
The First Member who post on the Forum in the Magiclibrarities Contest Section the Correct answers to the 7 Questions.Otherwise the Winner will be the Member providing the Maximum answers.

EDIT
Question 2 has been modified.
Last edited by dragsamou on Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:23 pm

Hi Members.
Still few days before July contest is over,I really wonder if a Member has answers for the 7 questions.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:36 am

Hi Members.
This is the last day,so any answers?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Magik321
Legendary Infernal Contract Collector

Post by Magik321 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:54 pm

Q1: I was'nt sure of question 1 though, I would say it be the scans of the S-chinese box and the S-chinese cards from mainland China which were missing, also missing are the rest of the demo booster scans other than the english one.

Q3: The Japanese Logo when you click on the Japanese link is in English. yet on the main page the Japanese Logo is there. Also silverback ape is an uncommon, but they were incorrectly marked as rares on the index page. This is the same for Sea Eagle, its a common not an uncommon.

Q4: First Country would be Japan. Next would be USA, since there were errors in listing of the rarity for silverback apes in English, as well as Japan yet again and China (and probably Taiwan, Hongkong and where T-chinese is sold and their language medium is T-Chinese)

Question 5:
Duct Crawler (Skull changed at bottem left)
Drudge Skeletons (Same as terror but new art)
Terror (Different art totally, old art)
Recollect (Skull gone)
Coat of Arms (Skull on top left have horns)
Canopy Spider (Skulls hanging from web changed)
Diabolic Tutor (Totally different art, old art)
Doomed necromancer (Skull on staff changed)
Bloodrock Cyclops (Skulls on belt changed)

Theres total of 9 alternate arts so far that I know for S-chinese Xth Edition. No Rest For The Wicked does not have an alternate art, however the Urza's Saga one has an alternate art whereby the figures in the glass tubes were 'blurred' out.

Question 6:
Italian Eighth Edition Demogame Pack has been proven.

These are what I came up with so far.
Last edited by Magik321 on Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:20 pm

Magik321 wrote:Question 5:
Duct Crawler (skull changed at bottem left)
Drudge Skeletons (same as terror but new art)
Terror (different art totally, old art)
Recollect (skull gone)
Coat of Arms (skull on top left have horns)
Canopy Spider (skulls hanging from web changed)
Diabolic Tutor (totally different art, old art)

Theres total of 7 alternate so far that I know for S-chinese Xth Edition. No Rest For The Wicked does not have an alternate art, however the Urza's Saga one has an alternate art whereby the figures in the glass tubes were 'blurred' out.

Question 6:

Hi.
Funny that you skip Questions 1 and 3 that are very easy.Regarding the Alternate Art S-Chinese,brilliant answer even if you forgot at least one card :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Gary_a_Getty
Librarities Hero

Post by Gary_a_Getty » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:44 pm

Question 1
None ?

Question 2
Goblin Statue Ptq San Diego
?

Question 3
Japanese and Traditional Chinese (i guess by elimination)

Question 4
Sorry, but i dont' know read those language ..... (meaning Japanese and Chinese ...)

Question 5
I answer as magik321 :-)

Question 6
Italian

Question 7
I guess .... as 5th or 7th edition ? :-)

Magik321

Post by Magik321 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:15 pm

dragsamou wrote:
Magik321 wrote:Question 5:
Duct Crawler (skull changed at bottem left)
Drudge Skeletons (same as terror but new art)
Terror (different art totally, old art)
Recollect (skull gone)
Coat of Arms (skull on top left have horns)
Canopy Spider (skulls hanging from web changed)
Diabolic Tutor (totally different art, old art)

Theres total of 7 alternate so far that I know for S-chinese Xth Edition. No Rest For The Wicked does not have an alternate art, however the Urza's Saga one has an alternate art whereby the figures in the glass tubes were 'blurred' out.

Question 6:

Hi.
Funny that you skip Questions 1 and 3 that are very easy.Regarding the Alternate Art S-Chinese,brilliant answer even if you forgot at least one card :wink:
Q1: I was'nt sure of question 1 though, I would say it be the scans of the S-chinese box and the S-chinese cards from mainland China which were missing, also missing are the rest of the demo boosters other than the english one.

Q3: The Japanese Logo when you click on the Japanese link is in English. yet on the main page the Japanese Logo is there. Also silverback ape is an uncommon, but they were incorrectly marked as rares on the index page. This is the same for Sea Eagle, its a common not an uncommon.

Q4: First Country would be Japan. Next would be USA, since there were errors in listing of the rarity for silverback apes in English, as well as Japan yet again and China (and probably Taiwan, Hongkong and where T-chinese is sold and their language medium is T-Chinese)

For the alt art, I missed out doomed necromancer (found it!). The skull on the staff whose owner is being choked has been changed slightly (no wonder I missed it) =/

I'll edit this post later if I can find something new. I still don't know what is a magic acedemy booster till now. :wink:

EDIT: Have also edited all my new answers to my first post.

Gary_a_Getty
Librarities Hero

Post by Gary_a_Getty » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:22 pm

Magik321 wrote: Q3: The Japanese Logo when you click on the Japanese link is in English. yet on the main page the Japanese Logo is there. Also silverback ape is an uncommon, but they were incorrectly marked as rares on the index page. This is the same for Sea Eagle, its a common not an uncommon.

Good find ! I've guessed the errors regarded the names of the cards and not other. "Typo errors" and "cards that are concerned" have induced to me to think that the error regarded the name.

About Q1 : there are all the scans of the box set. Maybe was a "trap question" ?

About Q2 : it's good "Serra Angel" World 2006 ?

Magik321

Post by Magik321 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:48 pm

The Spanish Baloth has a typo. Just noticed it. Its spelt as Criature, which should in fact be Criatura. So I'm guessing the index, the Japanese and the Spanish parts have typos.

Anyway I just noticed more alternate art cards which I just edited on my first post. Really hard to notice these small skulls here and there. Alexis am I still missing any S-chinese cards? :wink:

Audric

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:54 pm

Hi Members.
I give a little Clue about Questions 3 and 4.When,I say a Typo Error,it means that between the Title/Flavor text of the card and the Text that's below,some Grammatical errors have occured.One example:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/raritie ... glish.html
If you look at the text of the Card Blaze under the card:
Blaze deals X damage to any one creature or player. (For example, if you tap a mountain plus four other lands when you paly Blaze, it deals 4 damage.)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Magik321

Post by Magik321 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:14 pm

I'm guessing the word 'transl' should be 'trans' in the english giant octopus flavor text? Not too sure, coupled with the spanish enormous baloth's typo, that makes 2 typos, or are there more?

EDIT: Only statue I know that was present in a tournament was myr statues at worlds 04.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:30 pm

Magik321 wrote:I'm guessing the word 'transl' should be 'trans' in the english giant octopus flavor text? Not too sure, coupled with the spanish enormous baloth's typo, that makes 2 typos, or are there more?
Hi.
Where did you see the word Trans in the Giant Octopus Text???
You catch me on the Spanish one,so that means 3 countries instead of 2 :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:39 pm

Hi Members.
Clue for question 1.While you can see 8 scans of the Starter 2 Player 9Th Edition,2 Scans of Starters are missing from 2 Different Countries for a Total of 10.It's not a Trap question :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Gary_a_Getty
Librarities Hero

Post by Gary_a_Getty » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:52 pm

dragsamou wrote:Hi Members.
Clue for question 1.While you can see 8 scans of the Starter 2 Player 9Th Edition,2 Scans of Starters are missing from 2 Different Countries for a Total of 10.It's not a Trap question :wink:
Well, i continue to not understand. 8-[

The languages are 8 and 8 are the scans. There are also all the cards of the 8 languages.
It's missing only Simplified Chinese; there is not starter scan and cards scan.
The showed languages are only 9. Why you say they are 10 ?

Q3 and Q4 : In French Creature instead Créature and Entrainement instead Entraìnement (Cadet Impatient) and In Spanish as above ?

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:17 pm

Gary_a_Getty wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Hi Members.
Well, i continue to not understand. 8-[

The languages are 8 and 8 are the scans. There are also all the cards of the 8 languages.
It's missing only Simplified Chinese; there is not starter scan and cards scan.
The showed languages are only 9. Why you say they are 10 ?

Q3 and Q4 : In French Creature instead Créature and Entrainement instead Entraìnement (Cadet Impatient) and In Spanish as above ?
Hi.
Correct on the Simplified Chinese.There's a 10TH Starter from one country that's missing the scan,but correct Only 9 Languages :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.