artist proof judge promos

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:14 pm

MAGICSALEMAN wrote:[-X
They are often false Artist proof...
So of course there's some that aren't signed but to have his real value this one must be signed... (better in fact).
And the value of course is higher that the normal cards.
50 cards in the world don't have the same value of one card that exist in 10 000 pieces or more...
And yeps you can immagine the value of a Black lotus artist proof signed.
For your knowledge Alpha and beta artist proof cards have square corners :-/
Some editions has a printed quantities of 100 artits proofs pieces and other editions has 50 pieces of them.
Good day everyone ;-)
Sorry, I very much disagree with you in regards to your 'opinion' of what value is. My collection of AP's is most valued with NO signatures on them. I value the cards much higher that have no damage of any kind on them, and I consider a signature to be damaging to a card.
Also, some APs are easy to get signed, some are very hard, and some are almost impossible (not including artists who have passed away). However, for a card that is signed, it is impossible to get it unsigned.
And some of the AP lots are almost all signed by the artist(s), so an unsigned AP is much more rare (in many cases) than a signed AP.
Lastly, none of my APs are fakes, and I have only been tricked by a fake once (hello 5-goblin Minagishi) - however it is far easier to fake a signature than to create an excellent fake card. So with fake signatures, that makes a damged signed AP even more damaged in mine eyes.

MAGICSALEMAN
Legendary Bel Old Guru

Post by MAGICSALEMAN » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:22 pm

I respect your opinion.
For me a AP is and it is a gift that WOTC make to the artist for his painting or computing works for the art of a card.
In my head a AP is more Art than a normal card we'll said.
So for me ...
I prefer to receive a AP that has been signed before me and with the "little star" for the end ... a sketch of the the artist on the white side of the cards.
I have a Rebecca Guay Sketch on the back side of the AP, it's wonderful.
Art print too are great.
Forget the value, think about art ... too many people forget that.
A card is first a art in hitself. ;-)
The best is : "take your Ap in a convention if Terese Nielsen, Christopher Rush or anyone other artrist is there".
After to have signed your card, ask a little sketch that no one has in the world ;-)
So finaly.. anyone do like his taste.