New Premium Deck Boxes

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

rick21n
Librarities Legend

New Premium Deck Boxes

Post by rick21n » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:42 am

so in my travels on eBay tonight I happened across this auction and had never seen these deck boxes online before nor can I find anywhere they are for sale. Thought I would share with you all since they look kinda cool. If anybody finds any online (that isnt a wholesaler) I would love some. Dont really want to buy 5 boxes of Dissention from a new seller just to get the deck bozes either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAGIC-DISSENSION-BO ... dZViewItem

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:29 pm

These are probably not licensed - the seller is courting a lawsuit.

Squt

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:25 pm

To the contrary, I bet they are licensed. Wizards has offered all sorts of incentives to help move product, especially when they have a lot of older product that needs to be moved. They are normally targeted to Retail stores. A specific wholesaler will offer the retailer one for each one (or two or three) boxes of product they purchase.

These incentive awards can range from deck boxes to cloisone pins to designer sleeves. In fact, one of the big sellers (I think its ccghouse.com) has a current, or just completed auction for poker chips (300 total, 60 each of the five colors with the Magic mana symbols on them). These were accumulated in one of Wizards most recent wholesaler promtions. Unfortunately the buy-it-now price was $800.

Sometimes the products originate from Wizards, other times Wizards approves a third party manufacturer, in coordination with a specific wholesaler. This is an area that I hope will eventually be expanded on the Rarities site. These items ARE Magic-related, and are authorized. But there is a dearth of information on them.

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:40 pm

hammr7: The coverage definitely will be enhanced. The whole Magic Memorabilia section almost entirely exists to provide items of this kind a suitable home. Obviously, I will need a lot of support, as I know little about these items myself.

BenBleiweiss
Legendary StarcityGames General Manager

Post by BenBleiweiss » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:10 pm

Guys:

Just to confirm, these are a licensed product. They were shipped as part of a dealer incentive for ordering Booster Boxes from distributors. We just got in our shipment today, and we have quite a few in stock.

There are five different deck boxes (one for each color), and they seal magnetically. The magnet is quite strong - I put a fully sleeved deck in one, closed it, turned it upside down, and shook it vigorously. While Pete (my boss) yelled at me for abusing cards in such a manner, the box stayed closed.

If anyone would like to order a set of five from StarCityGames.com, I can sell them at $35 ($7 per deck box) a set plus shipping. MSRP on individual boxes are $9.95 each. PM me or e-mail me at ben@starcitygames.com if you'd like a set of five, and I'll calculate shipping and arrange payment for you!

- Ben Bleiweiss
General Manager, StarCityGames.com

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:35 pm

I too had seen these boxes for sale at Pastimes, a shop near us. Didn't impress me personally, as there are a bajillion deck boxes on the market, and these are pretty plain looking imo.

BenBleiweiss
Legendary StarcityGames General Manager

Post by BenBleiweiss » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:16 pm

Update: We now have the deck boxes for sale at http://sales.starcitygames.com/search.p ... g=ion+deck - happy shopping everyone!

- Ben

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:30 am

BenBleiweiss wrote:Update: We now have the deck boxes for sale at http://sales.starcitygames.com/search.p ... g=ion+deck - happy shopping everyone!

- Ben
Just ordered 2 sets!

I'm gonna use these as door prizes for some of my local tourneys.. they look pretty damn sharp in the images, my players should love em.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!