New decks to be released

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Ram-Gang
Librarities Member

Post by Ram-Gang » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:20 am

mystical_tutor wrote:
Ram-Gang wrote:The off WOTC is correct all power but Timetwister is banned. However, the online banned list doesn't talk about power as it doesn't exist online (yet?).Travis
Ahh, I didn't pick up on the fact that the link was to a MOL page. Thanks, that clears that up (except: Why not Timetwister?).

Gary
It's a lot fairer with 98 cards to draw from & 2+ opponents benefiting make it only good & not as broken as other cards.

-Travis

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:05 am

Ram-Gang wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote: Why not Timetwister?.Gary
It's a lot fairer with 98 cards to draw from & 2+ opponents benefiting make it only good & not as broken as other cards.

-Travis
Very true. Actually I have never though of it as broken--just powerful, and dreamed of a day when I could play a whole hand of Kobolds and go get another.... LOL.

thulnanth
Librarities Legend

Post by thulnanth » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:02 pm

... dreaming of using Timetwister to get a new hand of Kobolds?

God, I remember doing the exact same thing back in the day - that's truly old school!!! =D>

Take it easy,
Jared
Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:06 pm

thulnanth wrote:... dreaming of using Timetwister to get a new hand of Kobolds?

God, I remember doing the exact same thing back in the day - that's truly old school!!! =D>

Jared
SAVE YOUR KOBOLDS!!!! THEY WILL RISE AGAIN!!!!

Hold your hat on. I ran into a Kobold deck last week. Brought tears to my eyes.

Gary

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Timetwister is frankly a mediocre card in the format. I play it in two of the nine decks I have built, and in one of them I would rather see Wheel of Fortune every time.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:13 am

gzeiger wrote:Timetwister is frankly a mediocre card in the format. I play it in two of the nine decks I have built, and in one of them I would rather see Wheel of Fortune every time.
Well there are decks that the graveyard back into the library is kinda nice. Cost is high but Time Spiral has the advantage of giving you mana to cast those new cards with.