Promo boosters for Duels of the Planeswalkers

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:21 pm

I got these at my store last Friday. I got 20 of each booster for each system. Jason

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:24 am

Blood wrote:I got these at my store last Friday. I got 20 of each booster for each system. Jason
Do you normally shift a large volume of Magic product?

I am wondering if the number of boosters you get is based on previous sales or location.

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:35 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:
Blood wrote:I got these at my store last Friday. I got 20 of each booster for each system. Jason

I am wondering if the number of boosters you get is based on previous sales or location.
Not really, just the normal amount I would say. I have only been open for 6 months and my Helvault prerelease had 28 people. We sign up for and run every promotion or event they have though. Jason

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:58 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:

I think it varies with what WotC is promoting. Some things, like Pre-Releases, are based on previous attendance. With many things WotC just has to make a guess. This is the third time for these games, though, so they may have a track record now for local areas.

If all else fails the shipping department has a blindfold and a dartboard.

Gary

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:23 am

mystical_tutor wrote: If all else fails the shipping department has a blindfold and a dartboard.
Gary
That is good as I may get more stuff! Jason

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:24 am

More stuff is always good!

Seems to be a bit of a lottery. CHaPuZaS' shop did not get many, not sure if it is new or just whether they are not expecting many games to sell in Spain.

I have a coffee shop, I wonder if it is too late to register as a Game Shop. I have a spare Carcassonne boardgame I can throw up on a shelf if WOTC wants to inspect the place.

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:23 am

Apparently they are sending the same quantities to each store here in Spain.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:42 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:More stuff is always good!

Seems to be a bit of a lottery. CHaPuZaS' shop did not get many, not sure if it is new or just whether they are not expecting many games to sell in Spain.

I have a coffee shop, I wonder if it is too late to register as a Game Shop. I have a spare Carcassonne boardgame I can throw up on a shelf if WOTC wants to inspect the place.
Actually, you probably could (I took your comment as not being a serious thought--but just in case-). First issue is that you have a "brick and mortar" location, second issue is holding events which is easy enough, but the third is a nut cracker--you would have to put up with a hoard of Magic players on a periodic basis.

Think of the peace and serenity of a coffee shop. You may well choose to not destroy that.... LOL.

Please take this whole blurb as humor.

Gary

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:17 pm

For those of you that might be interested but not have them yet, here are the three boosters I got at a local store.

The tip (if you can call it that) card was the same in all packs and in a couple other packs that were opened while I was there. Front is on one picture and the back is on the other.

No unique expansion symbol (I liked the little controller on Garruk Wildspeaker) but the promo number is unique.

I am assuming at this point that the new art work is standard for 2013 but won't know till it is released.

The boosters were VERY well sealed and I had a difficult time opening them without tearing the front.

The uncommon ratio is not consistent as you can see here and one of the two other packs opened one had 2 uncommons and the other only one.

Knutsen
Legendary Old Card Frame Enthusiast

Post by Knutsen » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi,

anyone around has multiple of these promo boosters and wants to get rid of a set of them (just the 3 promo rares)? That would be great. :)

Greetings

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:06 am

I am certainly interested as to how you got them at a local store, I assume you didn't just go out and buy the three games for the activation codes!

I might have to make the trip into the big city and find my local games store.

Our Barrista gets in a mood when people ask for soy or decaf, I can't imagine that filling the shop up with junior magic players will improve his mood one bit. Actually, remembering what we were like at our own local games shop as kids (well, 20 year olds) I am not sure my mood would improve much either.

I often thought that we could use the shop to buy boxes of magic for my own personal consumption but there is no way I could keep that away from my wife!

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:44 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:I am certainly interested as to how you got them at a local store, I assume you didn't just go out and buy the three games for the activation codes!

I might have to make the trip into the big city and find my local games store.

Our Barrista gets in a mood when people ask for soy or decaf, I can't imagine that filling the shop up with junior magic players will improve his mood one bit. Actually, remembering what we were like at our own local games shop as kids (well, 20 year olds) I am not sure my mood would improve much either.

I often thought that we could use the shop to buy boxes of magic for my own personal consumption but there is no way I could keep that away from my wife!
Well, I did subscribe to the game. I like playing Magic on my computer except that the darn thing keeps beating me....

sib51
Librarities Legend

Post by sib51 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:51 pm

I finally got 2 of each booster in French.
So I may have a set to trade/sell.

Each store got 20 of each booster and received "instructions" from Hasbro about the distribution of those boosters.
So I think it'll be quite hard to get them :-\ :-\

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:46 pm

sib51 wrote:I finally got 2 of each booster in French.
So I may have a set to trade/sell.

Each store got 20 of each booster and received "instructions" from Hasbro about the distribution of those boosters.
So I think it'll be quite hard to get them :-\ :-\
PM sent!

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:20 pm

I need 3 of them in every language (Except for Spanish), PM me if you can get them for me. Thanks!