Anyone know him?

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

AbsolutAlphas
Librarities Hero

Anyone know him?

Post by AbsolutAlphas » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:08 am

Has this already been discussed? Does anyone know this guy?

http://www.pnj.com/article/20121026/NEW ... y=nav|head

summermagicman

Re: Anyone know him?

Post by summermagicman » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:31 am

I recognize his photo. I'm almost certain he and I met each other at GenCon Indy about 5-6 years ago. We ran into each other in front of Troll and Toads booth while we were both looking at Summer Magic they had in the showcase. At the time I was still collecting these and Sean was also a collector as well. He seemed like a nice guy. We never got a chance to hook up afterward and talk more, however.

Just terrible, absolutely terrible.........
AbsolutAlphas wrote:Has this already been discussed? Does anyone know this guy?

http://www.pnj.com/article/20121026/NEW ... y=nav|head

AbsolutAlphas
Librarities Hero

Post by AbsolutAlphas » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:29 pm

markers
Legendary Signed Card collector

Post by markers » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:28 pm

Jesus!

That's crazy! Thank god I don't live in the States :-\
Signed card collector

Alpha - AL, ST, EX, UD, REV, UNL, LO & MO: 100% signed
Grand Total signed cards: >43'000

I have a Youtube Channel

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:58 pm

markers wrote:Jesus!

That's crazy! Thank god I don't live in the States :-\
Really Really hate to have this kind of stuff happen to anyone anywhere. It would be great if could live in peace with each other. Two of the kids where I play got caught shoplifting Bonfire of the Damned from a store binder. Really made me sad.

You know, I was brought up to understand that Switzerland required every home owner to have a gun and know how to use it. Probably isn't true anymore, if it ever was. If it is true, that may be why your country is so peaceful. In this case, if the "friends" knew he was armed and knew how to defend himself they may have moved on to children in the park or some such.

Also it isn't the smartest thing to have high dollar cards (or other small portable stuff) around the house and let people know it. I keep mine in the bank except for special occasions and I'm not going to get killed by being hit in the back of the head while running away.

Still so sad to hear this.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

markers

Post by markers » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:18 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:
You know, I was brought up to understand that Switzerland required every home owner to have a gun and know how to use it. Probably isn't true anymore, if it ever was. If it is true, that may be why your country is so peaceful. In this case, if the "friends" knew he was armed and knew how to defend himself they may have moved on to children in the park or some such.
Yeah, the amount of guns in Switzerland is still quite high. Small country where every male has to join the Army. After their service you can buy (very cheap) or you can keep your rifle (soldiers)/gun (officers). I think they changed the ruling in recent years since the original enemy (Soviets) is VERY unlikely to come nowadays.

I am not sure it would have helped prevent the crime itself...but then again if I lived in the US I certainly had a gun...

I agree keeping the high value collection in your home is not a very good idea...I have several spots where I keep mine...
Signed card collector

I have a Youtube Channel

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:41 am

Jesus!

That's crazy! Thank god I don't live in the States
Bad things don't happen in Europe Markers? Go to the library and open up a History book. There are actually two interesting events that occurred last century where we crazy Americans helped save you from yourselves...
the original enemy (Soviets) is VERY unlikely to come nowadays.
Read that history book and discover why those enemy Soviets "came" to Europe the 1st time around... Maybe the Russians got sick and tired of being invaded so they thought they would turn the tables? It would serve you guys right imo;)

markers

Post by markers » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:41 am

random wrote:
Jesus!

That's crazy! Thank god I don't live in the States
Bad things don't happen in Europe Markers? Go to the library and open up a History book. There are actually two interesting events that occurred last century where we crazy Americans helped save you from yourselves...
the original enemy (Soviets) is VERY unlikely to come nowadays.
Read that history book and discover why those enemy Soviets "came" to Europe the 1st time around... Maybe the Russians got sick and tired of being invaded so they thought they would turn the tables? It would serve you guys right imo;)
I don't want to engage in a political discussion in this thread. That's highly out of place. Somebody was killed who had the same hobby as we have.

The "Why the US is the best country in the world"-Thread can be opened and I will gladly give you my opinion there
Signed card collector

I have a Youtube Channel

effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector

Post by effai » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:10 pm

markers wrote:
I don't want to engage in a political discussion in this thread. That's highly out of place. Somebody was killed who had the same hobby as we have.

The "Why the US is the best country in the world"-Thread can be opened and I will gladly give you my opinion there
I have to agree here. Random, I found your reaction a bit violent and unfair...
Mahamoti djinn & Terror global sets => I need your help !
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7846&p=69149#p69149
Other Global sets wantlist : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9454&p=84467#p84467

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:55 pm

I would like to ask you too: no political discussions and nothing similiar here please.

There other places to discuss these kind of things. And it ends in a big fight every time.