San Diego Comic Con Black-on-black promos

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Knutsen
Legendary Old Card Frame Enthusiast

Post by Knutsen » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:23 am

Anyone have a set to share with me?! :)

Gits
Librarities Hero

Post by Gits » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Let me know too

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:39 pm

Have you seen anything on hasbro toy shop ??

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:05 am

Absolutely nothing related to Magic.

Knutsen

Post by Knutsen » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:22 am

:-k

kalimno
Librarities Legend

Post by kalimno » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:45 am

As it was sold out during SDCC, I don't expect to see them listed on hasbro online shop. In best case a handful that would sell out in a matter of minutes.

Today, there is no legal trade to make 400 % profit that I know of. But if any of you do, please let me know, I will share all profit 50 - 50 :)

I like living in Istanbul, but the cost of opportunities lost is huge.

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:45 am

I like living in Istanbul, but the cost of opportunities lost is huge.
Some hundreds of years ago it was the center of trade and all the good deals! Lots of Armenians here in SoCal, lots and lots, so it's not a good topic of discussion but I'm a secret fan of Turkey;) Great history and good Cold War ally...

I gave out $3,000 to friends to see what we could get and will collect tomorrow- afaik only one wasn't able to get enough, who notified me they were actually sold out and couldn't negotiate a deal for the 2 in the display case.

If I owe anybody on here a favor I will hook up a set at cost. Also there's a guy in France who bought art off me some time ago I will hook up, at cost. I'll look up the details on that deal and notify.

I was told there will be some for sale online but maybe they are sold out completely. I can't verify.

kalimno
Librarities Legend

Post by kalimno » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:16 pm

random wrote:Lots of Armenians here in SoCal...
I would believe that, my Aunt and cousins live in LA. Definitely smarter folks than myself :) They said the Armenian community in South California was one of the largest ethnical groups.

I have applied for a US visa. If all goes well, I will be in LA next month. I need to see before I believe :) I have been on the Chinese end of the Ocean, I decided to see how it looked like from the other end.

I will stay in US until Illuxcon. Pick up some new art I bought and fly back happy as a fiddle.

I don't think you owe me anything, but maybe you owe something to my cousins ? :) Or we can barter if you need anything from Turkey.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:23 pm

Humm, I wonder who can barter better, a Turk or a Korean......

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

kalimno
Librarities Legend

Post by kalimno » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:28 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:Humm, I wonder who can barter better, a Turk or a Korean......

Gary
Gary, I would say it would absolutely depend on who got there first :)

manaman22
Librarities Member

Post by manaman22 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Despite them selling out at the con, I am hoping that it was just the allocation for it. I want there to be a separate stock just for the toyshop, but alas, I highly doubt that's the case. One can hope..... :-(

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:27 am

I am thinking that for them to announce that they will be available online after SDCC that they have allocated product for online sale. It's just a matter of when and what number.

Lyna turned to the figure beside her.

"They're gone. What now?"

"As ever," said Urza, "we wait."

Default User
Librarities Hero

Post by Default User » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:33 am

There's a huge amount of these on a certain auction site currently, but most sellers only ship to US. The few who sell worldwide are getting prices around 500$ after shipping (The new shipping 'deal', which adds customs into shipping costs me 100-120$ to get one here).

I would expect prices to hit about 300$ after the initial demand ends and more sellers notice that selling outside US will gain them 100$. There might be a short window to pick these up for around 200$, but most will hit 250$.

Hopefully I will be able to pick a box up at some point. (if somebody has some for sale...)

Tuomas
Global old art Lightning Bolt collector, mainly missing fwb and Summer.

Knutsen

Post by Knutsen » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:42 pm

I've also noticed this new 'customs positon' - anyone has an idea how this exactly works?! :-k

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Default User wrote:There's a huge amount of these on a certain auction site currently, but most sellers only ship to US. The few who sell worldwide are getting prices around 500$ after shipping (The new shipping 'deal', which adds customs into shipping costs me 100-120$ to get one here).

I would expect prices to hit about 300$ after the initial demand ends and more sellers notice that selling outside US will gain them 100$. There might be a short window to pick these up for around 200$, but most will hit 250$.

Hopefully I will be able to pick a box up at some point. (if somebody has some for sale...)

Tuomas
There was a window at $230-250 for a few hours.

It's VERY unlikely that the price goes down to $250. It will hit $500 soon.